• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect Schenn never got a shot at 1st line center with Gee on the wing and Jake on the other wing..
FWIW, not sure the comparison is as easy as letting Schenn center G and Jake. I don't think that would have been an idea entertained by the coaching staff from a defensive aspect. I think we can all agree Coots is the superior defender to Schenn. Schenn is -2 for his career in Philly, while Coots is +48. I don't think Schenn would have the opportunity to produce like he has in St. Louis because he would be spending more time in the defensive zone.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, not sure the comparison is as easy as letting Schenn center G and Jake. I don't think that would have been an idea entertained by the coaching staff from a defensive aspect. I think we can all agree Coots is the superior defender to Schenn. Schenn is -2 for his career in Philly, while Coots is +48. I don't think Schenn would have the opportunity to produce like he has in St. Louis because he would be spending more time in the defensive zone.
Schenn is +21 right now because he is tearing it up on both sides of the ice and has a formidable pairings on the wings which he never had in Philly.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn is +21 right now because he is tearing it up on both sides of the ice and has a formidable pairings on the wings which he never had in Philly.
Yeah, I was trying not to reference this year and keep it consistent based on linemates. Tarasenko is a career +69 and Schwartz +83. Schenn never played with that level output in Philly. Even when he was the 1LW with G and Jake, G is career +9 and Jake -8. Just pointing out that Schenn is in a situation to succeed more in St. Louis than Philly. And I think we can all agree that St. Louis has a better D than Philly which eases the burden on the forwards.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was trying not to reference this year and keep it consistent based on linemates. Tarasenko is a career +69 and Schwartz +83. Schenn never played with that level output in Philly. Even when he was the 1LW with G and Jake, G is career +9 and Jake -8. Just pointing out that Schenn is in a situation to succeed more in St. Louis than Philly. And I think we can all agree that St. Louis has a better D than Philly which eases the burden on the forwards.
I disagree that Schenn is in a better situation as if he had Gee and Jake on the wing they are every bit as good when healthy as Tarasenko and Schwartz I think we can all agree that Schenn is a center and not a wing as he was mainly used in Philly.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by Feb 26th, if we are in the same position as now record wise, do we stand pat or get rid of somebody(Simmonds) then for all we can? I say if it looks like we may barely make the playoffs then get what we can for him, If we are going all in for youth then lets get all the picks prospects we can load up on.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by Feb 26th, if we are in the same position as now record wise, do we stand pat or get rid of somebody(Simmonds) then for all we can? I say if it looks like we may barely make the playoffs then get what we can for him, If we are going all in for youth then lets get all the picks prospects we can load up on.
I personally would like to make the playoffs this season so we can get the young defenseman some experience

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick scores first tonight. He has picked up his game in the last few.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally would like to make the playoffs this season so we can get the young defenseman some experience
I would to of course, But I'm just asking what if? Simmer will be looking for a huge payday I think when his deal is done, why wait and not try to add more strong pieces?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would to of course, But I'm just asking what if? Simmer will be looking for a huge payday I think when his deal is done, why wait and not try to add more strong pieces?
If he is not hurt and this is the type of player we will be getting i say trade him. If he gets back to his rough and tumble play and plays to his skill set i say keep him.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is not hurt and this is the type of player we will be getting i say trade him. If he gets back to his rough and tumble play and plays to his skill set i say keep him.
See there in lies the problem, even if he does, where will he be in 2-3 yrs? Because I believe that's when this dynasty is scheduled to start, he will then be older and less of a player so why not get rid of him this year for some good picks or a younger version of him?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See there in lies the problem, even if he does, where will he be in 2-3 yrs? Because I believe that's when this dynasty is scheduled to start, he will then be older and less of a player so why not get rid of him this year for some good picks or a younger version of him?
It depends who we could get for him. If we could get a player that would help us get closer to winning a cup i would do it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And 400 games says he was never going to get that in Philly. That's the point I'm trying to make. Because of coaching or GM'ing, we were never going to see this Brayden Schenn on the Flyers.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you keep Simmer. At least for this season. I think he brings a lot that helps the young guys.

He can be re-signed starting this summer. That's when the decision gets real. IMO, I think you move Simmer by February 2019 instead of re-signing him. He'll get 6+ on the open market easy off his past accomplishments. I don't think the Flyers should be the ones paying a power forward on the wrong side of 30 that contract. And I love Simmonds.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 400 games says he was never going to get that in Philly. That's the point I'm trying to make. Because of coaching or GM'ing, we were never going to see this Brayden Schenn on the Flyers.
Two things here:
1 - he played more than 200 of those a very young age. So if you are going to give our young guys a pass on not playing great (Sanheim and TK) you should do the same with Schenn.
2- In all 400 of those games he never played center with Gee on the wing and Jake on the other wing

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I agree with, Bad coaching didn't help his cause either here, I think had we kept Laviolette this whole team would have been better, just my opinion though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things here:
1 - he played more than 200 of those a very young age. So if you are going to give our young guys a pass on not playing great (Sanheim and TK) you should do the same with Schenn.
2- In all 400 of those games he never played center with Gee on the wing and Jake on the other wing

That is EXACTLY my point. The Flyers had over 400 opportunities to put Schenn between Giroux and Voracek. Not only did they do that 0 times out of 400, they put Schenn at center less than 20 of them.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you keep Simmer. At least for this season. I think he brings a lot that helps the young guys.

He can be re-signed starting this summer. That's when the decision gets real. IMO, I think you move Simmer by February 2019 instead of re-signing him. He'll get 6+ on the open market easy off his past accomplishments. I don't think the Flyers should be the ones paying a power forward on the wrong side of 30 that contract. And I love Simmonds.
I agree with all you said, however don't you think his value may be a little higher in Feb than in the off season? A team like the Caps or Kings would be a good fit for him right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I agree with, Bad coaching didn't help his cause either here, I think had we kept Laviolette this whole team would have been better, just my opinion though.

I agree here.