• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t catch the first, but really enjoyed the rest of the way. I think NBC convinced them it was a rivalry game, nice chippiness to it.

Giroux, Voracek, and Couturier looking really good this season. I’m very impressed/pleased.
Awesome game love that type of hard nose hockey and getting the regulation win in that environment was important.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess everyone will flip back to the youth movement now.

Give it a rest man. Nobody was flipping on the youth movement. Signing a franchise player isn't turning on the youth movement. Did you see anyone post about trading 1st round picks or any of the young guys in any of the posts yesterday?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Manning comes back does Sanheim sit?

I sure hope not. Manning makes just as many mistakes but brings less puck moving ability. Plus Manning is likely gone next year anyway. Might as well ride with Sanheim's mistakes so he can get better for the future.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope not. Manning makes just as many mistakes but brings less puck moving ability. Plus Manning is likely gone next year anyway. Might as well ride with Sanheim's mistakes so he can get better for the future.
Sanheim has 5 points in 31 games and is a minus 8. I really thought he was going to contribute a lot more to this team. I guess if we can make the playoffs he would get that experience.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanheim has 5 points in 31 games and is a minus 8. I really thought he was going to contribute a lot more to this team. I guess if we can make the playoffs he would get that experience.

I did too to be honest. Was hoping for more from him and Patrick especially. Not overly concerned about either long term, just wanted a bit more. But, I think we know what Manning is at this point. Sanheim has a higher ceiling so I'd like to see how he progresses over the next couple years. I don't think Manning's extra grit over a 50 game span helps them more than Sanheim just getting better, just to have Manning sign elsewhere in the summer.

That being said, it would not surprise me if Hak puts Manning in instead.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a rest man. Nobody was flipping on the youth movement. Signing a franchise player isn't turning on the youth movement. Did you see anyone post about trading 1st round picks or any of the young guys in any of the posts yesterday?
Saw a shiny object and got mesmerized :tsk:

Just an FYI Schenn scored again last night

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. And the trade looks pretty bad right now. But Frost is looking like a great pick right now and a 36 game sample size doesn't outweigh his 448 game sample size with the Flyers. Plus we still have 1 pick to go.

I'm still confident the Flyers will be happy they made that trade in a few years.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And quite frankly, I never saw him score a prettier goal in Philadelphia. Good for him, he's found some confidence, but for whatever reason, he never truly found it with us.

Oh, by the way, who won that game? Was it Schenn's team? Didn't think so. His powerhouse squad has dropped 4 of 6 since they lost Schwartz to injury.

I see you pointing out his goal, but not much else. He was a -1 in the game and only won 5 of 16 faceoffs, which is 31.3%. Oh and again....his team lost. Nice of him to chip in that pretty goal though.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And quite frankly, I never saw him score a prettier goal in Philadelphia. Good for him, he's found some confidence, but for whatever reason, he never truly found it with us.

Oh, by the way, who won that game? Was it Schenn's team? Didn't think so. His powerhouse squad has dropped 4 of 6 since they lost Schwartz to injury.

I see you pointing out his goal, but not much else. He was a -1 in the game and only won 5 of 16 faceoffs, which is 31.3%. Oh and again....his team lost. Nice of him to chip in that pretty goal though.
Why in the world would i care about St Louis winning or losing ? In case you missed all of my posts yesterday and all summer Schenn was my focal point.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would i care about St Louis winning or losing ? In case you missed all of my posts yesterday and all summer Schenn was my focal point.

The problem is you act as if coaching, linemates, teammates, opponents, chemistry, a fresh start etc. mean absolutely nothing to a young player and his success.

It's almost as if you think Schenn would have exactly the 39 points he has now if he were still wearing our uniform.

That's not how things fucking work.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is you act as if coaching, linemates, teammates, opponents, chemistry, a fresh start etc. mean absolutely nothing to a young player and his success.

It's almost as if you think Schenn would have exactly the 39 points he has now if he were still wearing our uniform.

That's not how things fucking work.
Again PURE SPECULATION on your part.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again PURE SPECULATION on your part.

Wow, this is essentially your main comeback to everything I say...Lol

The irony here is that you're ASSUMING Schenn would be having the EXACT same success he's having now if he were still on our roster. That's not how the cookie crumbles and you know it. You'd be a fool to disagree.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this is essentially your main comeback to everything I say...Lol

The irony here is that you're ASSUMING Schenn would be having the EXACT same success he's having now if he were still on our roster. That's not how the cookie crumbles and you know it. You'd be a fool to disagree.
Since Schenn actually has 39 points its not an assumption.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're thinking "Wow, look at Schenn with 39 points. If we still had that guy, we'd probably be leading the league in points right now and favored to win the Cup."

That's fucking naive.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're thinking "Wow, look at Schenn with 39 points. If we still had that guy, we'd probably be leading the league in points right now and favored to win the Cup."

That's fucking naive.
I am and we would be.