• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Schenn actually has 39 points its not an assumption.

Lol So 39 is the only number you see. 1st round picks mean nothing. Linemates and teams are meaningless. Coaching isn't really even necessary. It's one guy and what he has done in 36 games with a powerhouse western conference team since we traded him away.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol So 39 is the only number you see. 1st round picks mean nothing. Linemates and teams are meaningless. Coaching isn't really even necessary. It's one guy and what he has done in 36 games with a powerhouse western conference team since we traded him away.
Two bottom 5 first round picks ( might as well have been 2nd round picks) and Lehtera for a number one center and potential all star. Great job.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i forgot about the game of hockey is more than you currently know.

If that's true, you might want to get checked for early-onset Alzheimer's. I work in the mental health field. There are newer and better treatments with each passing day.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true, you might want to get checked for early-onset Alzheimer's. I work in the mental health field. There are newer and better treatments with each passing day.
If knowing a bad trade when i see one is having Alzheimer's i have it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're eliminating assumptions then you can't evaluate the trade today.

The two first round picks could be anything. They could be perennial all-stars, they could never make the NHL. They could be anywhere in between. Until we know that, you can't say without making an assumption, that it was a bad trade.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The two first round picks could be anything. They could be perennial all-stars, they could never make the NHL. They could be anywhere in between. Until we know that, you can't say without making an assumption, that it was a bad trade.

Perhaps we should just trade away all of our future 1st round picks and get a team full of Brayden Schenn's, because only 8 of our 18 skaters from the game last night were former 1st round picks. So, logically, 1st round picks are garbage since most of our team came via other means.

That and every Brayden Schenn (or similar player) we have would equate to 39 points in 36 games. That's a pretty damn potent roster.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps we should just trade away all of our future 1st round picks and get a team full of Brayden Schenn's, because only 8 of our 18 skaters from the game last night were former 1st round picks. So, logically, 1st round picks are garbage since most of our team came via other means.

That and every Brayden Schenn (or similar player) we have would equate to 39 points in 36 games. That's a pretty damn potent roster.
Huge difference between real first round pick and bottom 5 picks. i thought you knew the game

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear commentators saying what a bad trade for us and good trade for the Blues so im going to stick with what i said. Its a bad trade .

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brayden Schenn trade keeps looking worse for Flyers

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blues’ underrated Schenn acquisition looking like the off-season's greatest move | The Hockey News

Do i need to keep finding these stories or do you get the gist of what im saying now.

You should probably keep finding them.

The truth of the matter is that this trade will take many years to be able to judge appropriately. People like you make a snap decision to call a trade good or bad when all we know is that Schenn has fit in well with his new team.

It's all just for show and for headlines. Get back to me when Schenn actually plays at an elite level for a full season. Find me once our 1st round picks have been drafted and developed. Contact me in 2019 when we have an extra $5.125 million in cap space because Schenn is still gone and also after he gets a hefty raise.

Even in the article you first posted to help make your case, they clearly state that playing alongside Schwartz and Tarasenko would be "an assignment that is beneficial to ANY player."

That has been one of my main points all along...Lol

You're just going to tell me this is speculation. Well, no shit Sherlock, you have to fucking speculate when judging a trade that was for the future and not the present.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should probably keep finding them.

The truth of the matter is that this trade will take many years to be able to judge appropriately. People like you make a snap decision to call a trade good or bad when all we know is that Schenn has fit in well with his new team.

It's all just for show and for headlines. Get back to me when Schenn actually plays at an elite level for a full season. Find me once our 1st round picks have been drafted and developed. Contact me in 2019 when we have an extra $5.125 million in cap space because Schenn is still gone and also after he gets a hefty raise.

Even in the article you first posted to help make your case, they clearly state that playing alongside Schwartz and Tarasenko would be "an assignment that is beneficial to ANY player."

That has been one of my main points all along...Lol

You're just going to tell me this is speculation. Well, no shit Sherlock, you have to fucking speculate when judging a trade that was for the future and not the present.
oops sorry i forgot i was talking to someone who know more than the hockey news. :L

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I strongly believe Schenn's output this season on the Flyers would match his output over 400+ games with the Flyers previously closer than it would match his output over 36 games with the Blues.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I strongly believe Schenn's output this season on the Flyers would match his output over 400+ games with the Flyers previously closer than it would match his output over 36 games with the Blues.
I strongly believe if he was our number one center with Gee and Jake on his line he would have the same stats as he has now. His previous 400+ games the number one center spot was taken.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol can we just move on from the Schenn debacle, Bottom line is this, Schenn has never played on a top line and he is proving SO FAR he belongs there, Mike Yeo isn't going to put him there if he wasn't going to excel, Would he have the same season here on the first line? I think so especially with a Healthier team around him.

My own 2 cents would have been to move Simmer over Schenn, IMO Schenn was and is the better all around player and you're not going to lose the point percentage either with him. If we had too many centers then I think someone could have moved to wing. Example would be to look at Coots, top line center around a healthy Gee and he is also lighting it up, so yea I think Schenn would have the same similar stats with us this season. Also @mav keeps bringing up top tier players like Tarasenko(he is good) and to be honest my man, I think Gee is a way better player than Tarasenko, why I think Coots is going to have better numbers from here on out.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I strongly believe if he was our number one center with Gee and Jake on his line he would have the same stats as he has now. His previous 400+ games the number one center spot was taken.

Through no fault of Schenn’s, that’s a giant if. Considering the flyers refused to play him at center while he was here, let alone 1C. There’s very little evidence that would lead you to assume that would happen. Schenn at this level and this position didn’t and probably wasn’t going to happen as a Flyer.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through no fault of Schenn’s, that’s a giant if. Considering the flyers refused to play him at center while he was here, let alone 1C. There’s very little evidence that would lead you to assume that would happen. Schenn at this level and this position didn’t and probably wasn’t going to happen as a Flyer.
With all due respect Schenn never got a shot at 1st line center with Gee on the wing and Jake on the other wing..