• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is EXACTLY my point. The Flyers had over 400 opportunities to put Schenn between Giroux and Voracek. Not only did they do that 0 times out of 400, they put Schenn at center less than 20 of them.
Yea but at that point and time Gee was our #1 center, nobody thought to move him to wing, Schenn is a good player and will flurish under better coaching etc in St.Louis He is gone and it's time to move on, lets just hope the trade works out for us in the long run.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love sports lol, a lot of IF's-Ands Or buts. I know everyone here bleeds O&B so I love hearing others views even though I don't always agree, fresh perspectives are always somewhat enlightning.:suds:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a lighter note, Xmas party tonite, was going to get a little drunk but I have to get my new little baby girl afterwards so that's out the window lol. Oh well I'm not much of a drinker anyhow, just a beer monger every once in awhile.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I agree with, Bad coaching didn't help his cause either here, I think had we kept Laviolette this whole team would have been better, just my opinion though.
100%. Lavi should have a had much longer leash given the miracles he worked in 2010 given the goaltending situation.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%. Lavi should have a had much longer leash given the miracles he worked in 2010 given the goaltending situation.
Yep not sure why they gave up on him so quickly? Although this is what he was working with at the time lol
Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Lecavalier - Simmonds
Talbot - Couturier - Read
Rosehill - Hall - Rinaldo

Timonen - Schenn
Coburn - Streit
Grossmann - Meszaros

Not exactly a stellar defense

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep not sure why they gave up on him so quickly? Although this is what he was working with at the time lol

Timonen - Schenn
Coburn - Streit
Grossmann - Meszaros

Exactly, he was doing miracles with the cap hell provided by Homer

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is EXACTLY my point. The Flyers had over 400 opportunities to put Schenn between Giroux and Voracek. Not only did they do that 0 times out of 400, they put Schenn at center less than 20 of them.
They did it 0 times because Gee was the center and only a center and was never removed from that spot not because of Schenns play

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a lighter note, Xmas party tonite, was going to get a little drunk but I have to get my new little baby girl afterwards so that's out the window lol. Oh well I'm not much of a drinker anyhow, just a beer monger every once in awhile.
Yeah buddy its holiday party time. Once you put your girl to sleep it may be 420 time

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Timonen - Schenn
Coburn - Streit
Grossmann - Meszaros

Good god. Look at that 4th line too :L

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did it 0 times because Gee was the center and only a center and was never removed from that spot not because of Schenns play

We'll have to agree to disagree on the bold. They interviewed two coaches and two GM's about Schenn's position and they said over and over they felt his play was best suited for wing.

Clearly they were wrong,

but based on that evidence, I don't think they were going to try anything else. If Schenn stayed, the evidence would say that Couturier would still have been the one they moved up to 1C and Schenn would've stayed at wing. That's what the Flyers coaches and GM's saw in Schenn and they were wrong. They would've continued to be wrong, playing him at wing, had they not traded him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to agree to disagree on the bold. They interviewed two coaches and two GM's about Schenn's position and they said over and over they felt his play was best suited for wing.

Clearly they were wrong,

but based on that evidence, I don't think they were going to try anything else. If Schenn stayed, the evidence would say that Couturier would still have been the one they moved up to 1C and Schenn would've stayed at wing. That's what the Flyers coaches and GM's saw in Schenn and they were wrong. They would've continued to be wrong, playing him at wing, had they not traded him.
Clearly they were wrong is 100% correct and our current coach who you would like removed would've been clearly wrong not to make the move to Schenn as number 1 center instead of Couts especially if your basing it offensive stats from past years like you have been doing

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah buddy its holiday party time. Once you put your girl to sleep it may be 420 time
Yea unfortunately a baby doesn't have reg sleeping hours lol. I don't mind shes freakin awesome.. Can't wait to get her on skates, my other two girls loved skating, now their teenagers and hate everyone and know everything!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea unfortunately a baby doesn't have reg sleeping hours lol. I don't mind shes freakin awesome.. Can't wait to get her on skates, my other two girls loved skating, now their teenagers and hate everyone and know everything!
Ah those dam teenage years. Dont worry they dont last forever.