• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team continues to absolutely mindfuck us with their play. Lose 10 straight and then win 6 straight immediately afterwards. Get spanked by cellar-dwelling Buffalo one night and hang with Columbus all the way the very next. Get throttled by an average Panther team one night and then look very much up to the task with a 5-3 road win against the best team in the Nhl the next night.

Can't figure them out for the life of me, but I think if we play like we did last night all of the time, we would probably be winning close to 70% of our games, just like the best teams do. As I am alluding to, the difference in our play in just the last two games was like night and day. Against Tampa, we played fast, made quick decisions, took the puck north/south and did not panic so much with the puck. Also, the power play was spectacular and if not for the broken stick on a shot attempt by Provorov and one blown coverage on Stamkos, the special teams would've been near flawless on the night.

Better support all over the ice and some truly epic displays of skill and determination by guys like Couturier, Giroux, Voracek and even Manning. Hagg was again quietly rock steady and Ghost looked electric in all zones too. Provorov had a couple bad bounces, but was otherwise a puck blocking machine.

I think more than anything, we saw that second effort all over the ice last night and that is needed every single night in the Nhl these days to consistently win games. Elliott was very good when he needed to be, but we definitely battled hard in front of him all night long.

I will admit, I absolutely gave us zero shot to win this game, but that was based on our recent play and we turned it around almost right away, plus got the power play production that I said would give us a chance.

This goes down as a pretty spectacular win to end the calendar year, perhaps even our most impressive of the season to date.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux and Voracek now tied for 5th in Nhl scoring with 46 points each. They are on pace for 99 points.

Old man G turning 30 in just a couple weeks, but apparently he has some gas left in the tank, or nitro methane even. You're all very welcome for this. We can all come back down to earth now and admit that Giroux was recovering from offseason surgery for much of last season and that's the only reason he performed so poorly. This dude was completely left for dead. Well, the man is back and better than ever right now after a spectacular offseason of preparation. 18 points in his last 11 games. I would venture to say that nobody in the Nhl is hotter right now. Oddly enough, maybe Tavares, but that is about it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not done yet either. I was going to wait longer to do this, but here it goes.

Brayden Schenn now with 1 goal, 3 points and a -5 in his last 9 games, during which his team has gone 2-7. He's also winning just 46% of his faceoffs at center, which would be the worst on our team. Btw, that's a 27 point pace across a whole season. I expect him to go scoreless again tonight, but we'll see.

Hm, what happened? They were rolling (and Schenn was a worldbeater) when Schwartz wasn't injured. Now they're a giant clusterfuck and Schenn is below average, if not terrible. Well, which is it? Anyone still have Schenn putting up 100 points? 90? 80? 70? His projected point total for the season is dropping like a Volvo off a cliff, I can say that for sure.

This just goes to show you how much linemates and chemistry can matter and also how non-elite of a player Brayden Schenn truly is. You think he's carrying that top line? That's fucking laughable.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't really show yet in the standings either, but with that win, we are just four points shy of a tie for the final wild card spot as well. The Devils, Jackets, Rags, Pens and Isles all lost last night, so it was an ideal swing in points for us.

I just want this team to put forth this kind of an effort more often and we will coast into the playoffs. Tampa is wrecking everyone right now, so to put together that kind of performance in their building on the second of a back to back is really something we can grow from.

Or, we could take several steps back and lose our next two, both against division rivals. I mean that's just how inconsistently we've played, so we shall see. A result and effort like this should amass huge confidence for all of our players regardless.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not done yet either. I was going to wait longer to do this, but here it goes.

Brayden Schenn now with 1 goal, 3 points and a -5 in his last 9 games, during which his team has gone 2-7. He's also winning just 46% of his faceoffs at center, which would be the worst on our team. Btw, that's a 27 point pace across a whole season. I expect him to go scoreless again tonight, but we'll see.

Hm, what happened? They were rolling (and Schenn was a worldbeater) when Schwartz wasn't injured. Now they're a giant clusterfuck and Schenn is below average, if not terrible. Well, which is it? Anyone still have Schenn putting up 100 points? 90? 80? 70? His projected point total for the season is dropping like a Volvo off a cliff, I can say that for sure.

This just goes to show you how much linemates and chemistry can matter and also how non-elite of a player Brayden Schenn truly is. You think he's carrying that top line? That's fucking laughable.

Funny you wont admit the same about Tavares and his AWESOME linemates, your analysis equals shit, Don;t fall off your soapbox and hurt yourself lol. Schenn has a few bad games and you are on it, lets keep this shit rolling all season since you can't let it die lol. fucking get real.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should probably start talking about Frost more. 60 points in 36 games and a mind blowing +46. Guy is on fire. Certainly shooting up my most exciting prospect list.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you wont admit the same about Tavares and his AWESOME linemates, your analysis equals shit, Don;t fall off your soapbox and hurt yourself lol. Schenn has a few bad games and you are on it, lets keep this shit rolling all season since you can't let it die lol. fucking get real.

Tavares is the only franchise player on his team. That's fairly easy to recognize. What are you trying to say here? Lol

You're damn right I'm on it. 9 games is about 11% of the season. That's significant enough for his stock to take a dive, especially when you consider he lost one of his wingers right before the stretch began.

Tavares is going to get his no matter who they give him as wingers and Schenn struggles when one goes down to injury. That's the difference in these guys. They are not even close to comparable players.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should probably start talking about Frost more. 60 points in 36 games and a mind blowing +46. Guy is on fire. Certainly shooting up my most exciting prospect list.

Yes, we should. The only future piece from the Schenn trade that we can judge as of right now is leading the OHL in points. In fact, those 60 points in 36 games that you mention are only 2 shy of his total for last season...in 67 games.

So, to recap, he is on pace to equal or surpass his point total from the previous season in 30 fewer games.

Btw, his team is 32-3-2 and riding a 23 game winning streak.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavares is the only franchise player on his team. That's fairly easy to recognize. What are you trying to say here? Lol

You're damn right I'm on it. 9 games is about 11% of the season. That's significant enough for his stock to take a dive, especially when you consider he lost one of his wingers right before the stretch began.

Tavares is going to get his no matter who they give him as wingers and Schenn struggles when one goes down to injury. That's the difference in these guys. They are not even close to comparable players.
:sly: Ok you win man I'm moving on..

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go. Jackets, Pens and Isles all lose again. They all got absolutely thumped too. A win tomorrow night against our bitter rivals leaves us potentially just 2 and 3 points back of the wild cards and only 5 back of the 3rd seed in the division (with a game in hand).

This is also an opportunity to straight-up pass Pittsburgh in the division by beating them head to head.

We beat Tampa 5-3 in their building and in their next game, they destroy Columbus 5-0 on the road. Just goes to show you how impressive of a win that was for us.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time to avenge the most frustrating loss on the season IMO.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brayden Schenn 41 points plus 21
Jori Lehtera 2 points minus 5

That's is all i have to say about this.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brayden Schenn 41 points plus 21
Jori Lehtera 2 points minus 5

That's is all i have to say about this.

Lehtera has only played in about half of our games. He's a depth player and strictly 3rd or 4th line guy. You can't compare him to Schenn who is getting top line and top power play minutes with Tarasenko and Schwartz, among others. We had to take him so the Blues could fit Schenn in under their cap.

The true value we acquired in this trade was Morgan Frost and a 2018 1st round pick. Those assets are looking better with each passing day as Frost lights up the OHL and the Blues slide in the standings, which could make that a higher pick than we expected.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lehtera has only played in about half of our games. He's a depth player and strictly 3rd or 4th line guy. You can't compare him to Schenn who is getting top line and top power play minutes with Tarasenko and Schwartz, among others. We had to take him so the Blues could fit Schenn in under their cap.

The true value we acquired in this trade was Morgan Frost and a 2018 1st round pick. Those assets are looking better with each passing day as Frost lights up the OHL and the Blues slide in the standings, which could make that a higher pick than we expected.

Frost is putting up the same stats as Laughton did in the OHL to put your expectations in perspective. Not to mention we could've had him with our own second round pick as all the analysts said on draft day.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost is putting up the same stats as Laughton did in the OHL to put your expectations in perspective. Not to mention we could've had him with our own second round pick as all the analysts said on draft day.

Uh, incorrect. Laughton put up 87 points in his final season in the OHL. Frost is on pace for 110+ points this season and is sporting a +46 in just 36 games. This is also just his 3rd season in the OHL. That was Laughton's 4th and final season.

I'm not about to discredit Hexy for taking Frost with a 1st round pick when the kid looks a lot like he belonged in that 1st round right now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, incorrect. Laughton put up 87 points in his final season in the OHL. Frost is on pace for 110+ points this season and is sporting a +46 in just 36 games. This is also just his 3rd season in the OHL. That was Laughton's 4th and final season.

I'm not about to discredit Hexy for taking Frost with a 1st round pick when the kid looks a lot like he belonged in that 1st round right now.

Any idea how he's doing in the World junior championship??

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think and hope Patrick is getting ready to start contributing on a regular basis. That would be ideal for us short and long term.

A lot of the stuff I read on him talks about being physically prepared for the NHL, which, if you watch him closely, I would agree with that assessment. He hasn't had a good offseason in two years due to surgeries, plus jumping straight from juniors to the NHL, adds up to him being a step slow all the time and a little weak on the boards. I think as he gets used to that, he'll start to improve dramatically. You can see when he has the puck in a little bit of space, he does good things with it. Shooting and passing. But he just doesn't create that space for himself right now.