• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could start making a list of players that have made foolish plays recently to flat out lose games for us. Guys like Couturier, Giroux and Provorov would either not be on it or be at the very bottom.

However, the vast majority of the rest of the team would be on the list, including both goalies.

And so, this is a team issue. Everyone needs to do their part and not make glaring mistakes. Right now people are trying to do too much at times and flat out choking at others.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and again with Berube

Berube fired as Flyers coach after two seasons

"In a nutshell, I just didn't feel he got enough out of our group collectively," Flyers general manager Ron Hextall said in making the announcement.

What does this prove? Any coach's job is to get the most out of a group of players. If he does not, he gets fired. End of story. What else are you going to say when you fire a coach? You didn't like his tie choices?

Giroux has had multiple season where people considered him a top 5 center in the league. He's gone deep in the playoffs multiple times. He has a proven track record of success. Why do you think Hakstol deserves a longer leash than Giroux? What has Hakstol done to make you think he's a better coach than Giroux is a player/leader?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the post you quoted of mine its all i do is say we play with no heart so how can you give credit to 4th st for stating that? In which he is correct also.

Easy killer......

It was the most recent one I read, sorry.

And you are correct also.
It's difficult to watch after the first, sometimes the second period. Because you can see the ones putting their heart in it being broke. A handful of them play their assess off only to see no one else putting in the effort, so they call it a day also. Hence the whole third period it looks like they are not attacking, Hell it looks more like they area just trying to not get beat....sorry of like a prevent defense in football. And all that does is prevent you from winning.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this prove? Any coach's job is to get the most out of a group of players. If he does not, he gets fired. End of story. What else are you going to say when you fire a coach? You didn't like his tie choices?

Giroux has had multiple season where people considered him a top 5 center in the league. He's gone deep in the playoffs multiple times. He has a proven track record of success. Why do you think Hakstol deserves a longer leash than Giroux? What has Hakstol done to make you think he's a better coach than Giroux is a player/leader?
Same story three different coaches. That's what makes me think any coach deserves a team with actual leaders who dont get coaches fired but win cups. How long can we keep blaming the coach when do the players who were on those teams take the blame.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A list of excuses since Laviolette.

It was the coaches fault.
It was the general managers fault
It was the goalies fault.
It was the defenses' fault

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Brayden Schenn’s star turn for real?

If coaching and systems are the key then our whole system is flawed from top management all the way down and has been for decades?
Someone needs to lay out for me in slow detail why all the players that leave here fuckin thrive elsewhere, we all knew Schenn was a good solid player but damn!! Yea yea I know contract, picks blah-blah!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't put that on G or Simmer, who have been the 'team leaders' for a while now. Plus, part of the coach's job description is to lead the team.

Flyers lose 8 in a row, G comes out with a big time shift and scores :48 seconds in to the SJ game. That's good leadership. Setting the tone. Except then everyone fell flat.

I have to agree with Awaz on this one, G has been playing great this year, I was down on him last year but he def has shown to me he's back. And yea scoring 48 seconds into a home game where you've lost 8 straight should have pumped this team up.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy killer......

It was the most recent one I read, sorry.

And you are correct also.
It's difficult to watch after the first, sometimes the second period. Because you can see the ones putting their heart in it being broke. A handful of them play their assess off only to see no one else putting in the effort, so they call it a day also. Hence the whole third period it looks like they are not attacking, Hell it looks more like they area just trying to not get beat....sorry of like a prevent defense in football. And all that does is prevent you from winning.

This has been the problem all season.espescially after getting a lead.
They then sit back and play prevent defence,and take their foot off the gas.

Sorry,but this is inexcusable.
The best guys play a little over 20 minutes a game,after that 15 or less.

If you're getting paid millions of fucking dollars to give 100% for your efforts,for 15-20 minutes,let me put it this way....If it's too fucking hard for you,go take up golf!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Brayden Schenn’s star turn for real?

If coaching and systems are the key then our whole system is flawed from top management all the way down and has been for decades?
Someone needs to lay out for me in slow detail why all the players that leave here fuckin thrive elsewhere, we all knew Schenn was a good solid player but damn!! Yea yea I know contract, picks blah-blah!

They don’t. Just the ones you choose to remember do.

Ronaldo didn’t.
Lecavalier didn’t.
Richards didn’t.
Coburn didn’t.
Leino didn’t.
L Schenn didn’t.
Del Zotto didn’t.
Hartnell didn’t.
Cousins didn’t.
Streit didn’t.
Meszaros didn’t.

Players fit better in different systems and with different players. Sometimes those are on your team, sometimes they’re not. Just a fact. You try to pair players and coaches with others that will help them thrive. Yeo, Schwartz, and Tarasenko are a better combination for Schenn than Hak, Filpula, and Simmonds. Or whoever Schenn was playing with.

And guess what else. Schenn is playing center. Which he said he preferred every opportunity he had. Guess who refused to do that while he was here? You think that plays in to it at all? Proving that the Flyers were stupid not to put him in his desired position, the position he’s best at?

Which players have truly grown under hakstol? Guys that were here for Berube, so not young guys like Provorov who’ve never had another nhl coach to compare to.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ronaldo didn’t.
Lecavalier didn’t.
Richards didn’t.
Coburn didn’t.
Leino didn’t.
L Schenn didn’t.
Del Zotto didn’t.
Hartnell didn’t.
Cousins didn’t.
Streit didn’t.
Meszaros didn’t.

Players fit better in different systems and with different players. Sometimes those are on your team, sometimes they’re not. Just a fact. You try to pair players and coaches with others that will help them thrive. Yeo, Schwartz, and Tarasenko are a better combination for Schenn than Hak, Filpula, and Simmonds. Or whoever Schenn was playing with.

And guess what else. Schenn is playing center. Which he said he preferred every opportunity he had. Guess who refused to do that while he was here? You think that plays in to it at all? Proving that the Flyers were stupid not to put him in his desired position, the position he’s best at?

Which players have truly grown under hakstol? Guys that were here for Berube, so not young guys like Provorov who’ve never had another nhl coach to compare to.

Totally agree how they fucked this up.
If they wanted a winger draft/trade for one.

Luckily,the Giroux experiment at wing is working,but most times,putting a guy in a new position spells disaster.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ronaldo didn’t.
Lecavalier didn’t.
Richards didn’t.
Coburn didn’t.
Leino didn’t.
L Schenn didn’t.
Del Zotto didn’t.
Hartnell didn’t.
Cousins didn’t.
Streit didn’t.
Meszaros didn’t.

I was more refering to players who were good to begin with. I'm def not defending Hakstol, I was just pointing out how I think over all our management may be more to blame then anything.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses today. Roughly four days between games, on home ice and against another eastern conference opponent that we should really be anxious to beat.

I'm not saying it's a must-win, but if we come out again and virtually lay down for half the game, there will be a lot of booing and a lot of pressure on Hexy to do something.

I just look at it as yet another opportunity to right the ship here and get everyone on board.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god Simmonds was there to show leadership today with that fight. Get them fired up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses today. Roughly four days between games, on home ice and against another eastern conference opponent that we should really be anxious to beat.

I'm not saying it's a must-win, but if we come out again and virtually lay down for half the game, there will be a lot of booing and a lot of pressure on Hexy to do something.

I just look at it as yet another opportunity to right the ship here and get everyone on board.

Your positivity impresses Mav.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL needs to get goaltender interference under control. At this point, scoring s goal is interfering with the goalies ability to prevent goals. Better disallow them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To get the team going, the Almighty Hakstol moved Dale Weise up the lineup and moved Raffl back to the 4th line.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it appears he benched Konecny who has essentially every flyers scoring chance today.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s 10.

I’d rather have Vandevelde back than Dale Weise in the lineup. At least Hak never moved him up the lineup. He might be the worst player in the NHL.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can directly thank Hagg, Manning and Patrick for the three goals against in this one. Hagg and Manning both iced the puck and then BOTH missed a defensive assignment all on their own, same shifts. Patrick had a bad drop-pass giveaway just inside the offensive zone that led to a breakaway goal.

That's a team that is soaring though and they just made us pay quickly for a few easy errors. The kind we were making all game long against San Jose too.

Call it whatever you will. Our offense was so dull that I literally fell asleep watching this game. Of course I had gotten off work about 7 hours earlier, but still.

What more can really be said? This is a defeated team before they even step out on the ice right now.