• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can directly thank Hagg, Manning and Patrick for the three goals against in this one. Hagg and Manning both iced the puck and then BOTH missed a defensive assignment all on their own, same shifts. Patrick had a bad drop-pass giveaway just inside the offensive zone that led to a breakaway goal.

That's a team that is soaring though and they just made us pay quickly for a few easy errors. The kind we were making all game long against San Jose too.

Call it whatever you will. Our offense was so dull that I literally fell asleep watching this game. Of course I had gotten off work about 7 hours earlier, but still.

What more can really be said? This is a defeated team before they even step out on the ice right now.
Yeah it's getting ugly fast they get no breaks and when it finally goes in they call it back. When they score a bunch they can't keep it out of their net. This is the same team that started out great which makes it even more baffling. Normally I'd say they are young and lack of talent but how did they win before? Probably more of a youth thing because when things are going well it's great but confidence gets bruised a lot sooner when young. They are not coping well.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been the problem all season.espescially after getting a lead.
They then sit back and play prevent defence,and take their foot off the gas.

Sorry,but this is inexcusable.
The best guys play a little over 20 minutes a game,after that 15 or less.

If you're getting paid millions of fucking dollars to give 100% for your efforts,for 15-20 minutes,let me put it this way....If it's too fucking hard for you,go take up golf!

Exactly, I couldn't agree more.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This mess is just constantly snowballing right now, which makes it look like there's absolutely zero light at the end of the tunnel.

I had fallen asleep in the second period and didn't see the Giroux goal live, but it looks to me from the overhead like that was a good goal, which just makes me laugh. Where exactly is the goalie interference on that play? Looks to me like a routine screen of Rask in front. Simmonds is not even in the crease and all I saw is Rask slightly tap him with his glove. Not that it matters, but why is the goal called off?

We're looking for any little shred of momentum here that can lead to more goals or another chance at making a game close and we get locked out of it by an idiot referee.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL needs to get goaltender interference under control. At this point, scoring s goal is interfering with the goalies ability to prevent goals. Better disallow them.

That was absolutely the worst call I've seen.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was absolutely the worst call I've seen.

Exactly. Where in the fuck is the interference on that goal? You can see everything from that one gif and the only contact is a very slight touch of Rasks' glove to Simmonds. That is it!!

I guess you're no longer allowed to stand in front of goalies in the Nhl to keep them from seeing the puck.

You heard it here first, folks!! Screening the goalie is now illegal!!

Edit: You've got to be fucking shitting me.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, we finally got more power plays than the opposition yesterday and what did we do with it? Go fucking 0 for 6....Lol Should've been at least 1 for 6 though as previously mentioned.

As a side note, JJ can stop calling this a winless streak and just call it what it is. A fucking horrendous LOSING streak.

I think we're almost at the point where we miss having leads in games and losing by a single goal. Now we're getting fucking throttled.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see this but holy fuckin balls?????? Are these refs held to some accountability at all?

I think if you slow it down or pause it, they are saying Simmonds quickly turns left and nudges his mask with his forearm or even his jersey. It's unfortunate because it didn't look like Rask was stopping that either way.

One of these days this team is going to realize that you have to play as one cohesive unit all over the ice and you simply cannot ice the puck unnecessarily, make blind passes to nobody or just completely leave your man uncovered in the slot.

Several of our players are guilty of these egregious errors. It's not just two or three rookies either. Even guys like Provorov and Hagg have at times made a very uncharacteristic mistake. Fucking veterans too like Voracek. This shit has permeated through the entire fucking roster and now just making a simple pass or dump up the boards can be a struggle for anyone at any given time.

Last edited:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice that since the passing of Ed Snider, the officiating towards this team has been far beyond worse than it ever was? The officials have always been shitty, but they have been taking it to a while new level of shitty.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice that since the passing of Ed Snider, the officiating towards this team has been far beyond worse than it ever was? The officials have always been shitty, but they have been taking it to a while new level of shitty.

I've noticed it this season, for sure. I just researched it for proof.

We've had the edge in power plays only 7 times to date out of 26 games. Our opposition has had the edge 15 times. That's a pretty radical difference. More than double.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to clean house. Get rid of everyone and trust the process.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t. Just the ones you choose to remember do.

Ronaldo didn’t.
Lecavalier didn’t.
Richards didn’t.
Coburn didn’t.
Leino didn’t.
L Schenn didn’t.
Del Zotto didn’t.
Hartnell didn’t.
Cousins didn’t.
Streit didn’t.
Meszaros didn’t.

Players fit better in different systems and with different players. Sometimes those are on your team, sometimes they’re not. Just a fact. You try to pair players and coaches with others that will help them thrive. Yeo, Schwartz, and Tarasenko are a better combination for Schenn than Hak, Filpula, and Simmonds. Or whoever Schenn was playing with.

And guess what else. Schenn is playing center. Which he said he preferred every opportunity he had. Guess who refused to do that while he was here? You think that plays in to it at all? Proving that the Flyers were stupid not to put him in his desired position, the position he’s best at?

Which players have truly grown under hakstol? Guys that were here for Berube, so not young guys like Provorov who’ve never had another nhl coach to compare to.
With every single one of these guys we were never in last nor had we ever lost 10 in a row. Great job at keeping the core we have.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably going to get worse. On the road tonight in Calgary, don't see anyway winning this game imo. Monahan is putting up some solid numbers for the Flames. Last game he played us he scored 4 pts. 3 goals and an asst.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably going to get worse. On the road tonight in Calgary, don't see anyway winning this game imo. Monahan is putting up some solid numbers for the Flames. Last game he played us he scored 4 pts. 3 goals and an asst.
Ughhhhh Not fun watching this team anymore.

The only silver lining we have is the last team to lose 9 in a row made the playoffs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god Simmonds was there to show leadership today with that fight. Get them fired up.
Fans at least had something to cheer about for a minute of two instead of booing all game while watching their ticket money burn