• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, Laperriere needs to be fired and replaced asap. Yes, he's a fan-favorite, but that hasn't made him a good penalty kill coach. Not getting the job done at all.
It looks like all the coaches are gonna take the blame again unfortunately.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like all the coaches are gonna take the blame again unfortunately.

I hope not, but our penalty kill is ranked 28th. It's the absolute worst facet of our game. It should be better and it needs to be better. Combine that with some lack of discipline and that loses us a lot of games, including the last time we played Calgary.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say unfortunately, not arguing with you but where do you see most of the blame being justifiably laid at?
At the feet of the core players that have been here through three coaches and soon to be four and i keep hearing the same story every time a coach is fired. Lavi , Berube and Haks various coaching styles and same results with the same core.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With every single one of these guys we were never in last nor had we ever lost 10 in a row. Great job at keeping the core we have.

But did we win 10 in a row with them?????

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our secondary scoring has evaporated into thin air, but we could still probably be winning games if our special teams were even just average. Instead, they are horrific and we keep taking penalties too.

Simmonds with 1 goal in his last 18 games. That's unheard of for him. He's been our most consistent scorer literally for the last 6 seasons. He's usually around 30 at the end of the year. This time he's on pace for 22, but won't come anywhere near that in his current form.

Filppula had 5 goals in 20 games for us last season and then 6 through his first 15 this season. He's now gone 11 games without a goal.

Konecny had 11 goals last season in 70 games. You figure he may be looking to improve on that this season, being only 20 years old. Well, he's got 1 goal in his last 16 and only 3 total, so that's not happening.

Weal had 8 goals in only 23 games for us last season. Now he's 0 for his last 11 and only has 2 goals on the season.

Patrick was probably expected to step right in and provide a little offensive punch, but it hasn't happened. He has just 2 goals in 17 games.

That's basically our entire 2nd and 3rd lines. You can add in Weise, Raffl or Lehtera, but they aren't scoring either. I like Raffl the most of those three however.

Outside of the top line and the slumping Simmonds/Filppula pair, only Provorov has scored more than 3 goals this season (4).

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the feet of the core players that have been here through three coaches and soon to be four and i keep hearing the same story every time a coach is fired. Lavi , Berube and Haks various coaching styles and same results with the same core.

Ok guys look at it this way, we now have won 25 out of our last 77 games and thats since the 10 game winning streak. This didnt start this season. So if thats the case what happened? Also dont the Phantoms use some sort of the system being taught to the Flyers players? Seems like that would make sense for easier transition to the team if called up. If thats not the case then that may be a problem too.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That winning streak was so awesome that it got us to finish out of the playoffs for for the third time in 5 years and the other to times we made it we got taken out in round 1.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is pure fucking garbage. My God no heart or anything/ Oh well I guess I'll start rooting for the Blues this season, they seem to be doing well.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally getting some bounces, quick strike offense and secondary scoring in this one. I felt like we needed to get out of the 2nd period with the 3 goal lead intact and we blew that, so let's see how we handle another 2 goal lead in the 3rd period.

This lead of course feels very tentative, so we best come out with a strong final frame or the Flames will probably win this 5-4 in regulation, OT or SO.

Can't let this slip away again. It has to be two points.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot to improve on still, but we will take the 5-2 win. Elliott with a nice game against his former squad. We probably let him see a little bit too much rubber, but mostly not A quality chances against.

The secondary scoring really hit home in this one. Finally some goals from Simmonds, Filppula, Raffl and Laughton.

We definitely got some lucky bounces and breaks. Simmonds with the easy tap in on a power play we didn't deserve. I didn't expect Hamonic to be hit with a 5 minute major either. Then we completely squandered that power play, but otherwise played a pretty decent 3rd period.

The splitting up of the top line appears to have worked for the time being. Voracek really jump starts the second line, making it dangerous, and Simmonds can work on any line.

Nice to see Leier back. The 4th line looked really good with him, Laughton and Weal out there. A ton of speed and intensity, plus some definite offensive pressure.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot to improve on still, but we will take the 5-2 win. Elliott with a nice game against his former squad. We probably let him see a little bit too much rubber, but mostly not A quality chances against.

The secondary scoring really hit home in this one. Finally some goals from Simmonds, Filppula, Raffl and Laughton.

We definitely got some lucky bounces and breaks. Simmonds with the easy tap in on a power play we didn't deserve. I didn't expect Hamonic to be hit with a 5 minute major either. Then we completely squandered that power play, but otherwise played a pretty decent 3rd period.

The splitting up of the top line appears to have worked for the time being. Voracek really jump starts the second line, making it dangerous, and Simmonds can work on any line.

Nice to see Leier back. The 4th line looked really good with him, Laughton and Weal out there. A ton of speed and intensity, plus some definite offensive pressure.
Far better game I like the line changes. I do agree special teams are killing them better tonight need to build off this.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finally played 25 minutes of competitive hockey and got some lucky bounces, We still have major issues skating the puck out of our own zone, I can't believe how many times we get stripped of the puck coming out of our zone. Some things looked a little better, but as someone else mentioned, we got some lucky bounces and a Bad Mike Smith which he is known to be every 10 games or so. Still need to fix a lot but a win is a win.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 game losing skid (we did pick up 5 points) and only 10 points out of 1st.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree with this entire post

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finally played 25 minutes of competitive hockey and got some lucky bounces, We still have major issues skating the puck out of our own zone, I can't believe how many times we get stripped of the puck coming out of our zone. Some things looked a little better, but as someone else mentioned, we got some lucky bounces and a Bad Mike Smith which he is known to be every 10 games or so. Still need to fix a lot but a win is a win.
Ill take it! I finally enjoyed a hockey game for the first time in 6 weeks.