• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK here is something i didn't know and has me looking at a silver lining.

Last time the Flyers lost 9 in a row they went to the conference finals.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year 10 straight wins and missed the playoffs
This year 9 straight losses and we're going to the playoffs......

Seriously, this team has had 16 different coaches since 79. That's a new coach every 2.4 years......
How's that been working out????
So now Hakstol is at about 2.4 years in and you wanna Shit can him...... that hasn't worked in the past.
You have HOW MANY new kids in this line up???? They are trying to learn Hakstol's system. So now you want to mess with there heads bring in a new coach and possibly mess up any progress these kids are making.
This is on the veterans on this team. They need to step up and help mold these kids.
And all this Shit about Hakstol not getting emotional and yelling, and throwing Shit at these kids, come on, you actually think that's gonna bring them around faster???? It's liable to damage a few of them.

And yes we all know Hakstol made the playoffs his first year.....who cares. That was not Hakstol's team, that was leftovers from the last bonehead. How many of them are still around???

Rebuilding sucks ass, but FIRING every mother fucker and trading the farm away is not the answer. Patience is the key. Look for the good and not every single fuck up each guy does. (Unless it's a veteran player that knows better...I.E. Gudas) these kids need to learn before you take them to the wood shed and beat the Hell out of them.
Give it time, our day is coming!!!!
Good post, love the passion, Only question is when is this day? I love the youth and talent but someone has to put the x's and o's together, I played hockey all my life growing up, Game plans and schemes are not that hard to learn, Their pretty basic in hockey, However if you don't know how to fill the schemes with players that play to those strength's it doesn't matter the talent level, it becomes a learning issue and that's on a coach to simplify the message or fix the problem. This isn't happening. I know youth plays into it, but a lot of our mistakes have been from our veteran core. If you watch this team at times it looks like certain players are two different styles of hockey. Now it's time for a bong, all this thinking has made my head hurt.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can spend the whole season pointing fingers at players,coachs,GMs',etc..
The most frustrating thing to me this season is this-
This is Hakstols 2nd season,and no one seems to be catching on to his system,or playing with any god damn heart.

I watch the Maple Leafs,who are playing under Babcock,who is also in his 2nd season,and say WTF?
All their youngsters seem able to grasp the concept.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this except the Give it time our day is coming part. When you have no compete level its hard to accept this term. There is a difference between losing and losing the way we are playing since last month. If you are trying to learn a system fine but learn it while hustling and hitting and getting in the corners and fighting for loose pucks in front of the net and maybe drop the gloves once in a while just to show you care. Give the fans something to cheer about.

Good post, love the passion, Only question is when is this day? I love the youth and talent but someone has to put the x's and o's together, I played hockey all my life growing up, Game plans and schemes are not that hard to learn, Their pretty basic in hockey, However if you don't know how to fill the schemes with players that play to those strength's it doesn't matter the talent level, it becomes a learning issue and that's on a coach to simplify the message or fix the problem. This isn't happening. I know youth plays into it, but a lot of our mistakes have been from our veteran core. If you watch this team at times it looks like certain players are two different styles of hockey. Now it's time for a bong, all this thinking has made my head hurt.

The biggest thing missing in this team was stated by @4thstreet .........

They are playing with absolutely NO HEART!!!

And the very few who are playing with heart, you can see in the progression off a game, it's being broken.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Hakstols 2nd season,and no one seems to be catching on to his system,or playing with any god damn heart.

I watch the Maple Leafs,who are playing under Babcock,who is also in his 2nd season,and say WTF?

Actually, it is the 3rd season now for Hakstol out of five on his contract. It looks like we're going to have to be very patient with him and this team. I do think once we get our confidence back, some of the rookies get on track and the veterans even stop making silly mistakes, the wins will begin to pile up. It's not that we don't have the players to win games, that is for sure. We've been extremely competitive in probably 90% of our games this season, despite all of the losses.

A poor showing tomorrow afternoon will really be disheartening though for all, because we have no excuses. We'll be the well-rested team and on home ice too. Nothing to fall back on. It's not a must-win game, but it's a must-perform.

If the losing streak gets to historic levels, then what does Hexy do? I like the idea of preaching patience and not firing Hakstol, but at some point you have to wonder if the team is even willing to play for him anymore.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its not Hakstols system that is making them play with zero compete level its lack of leadership

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing missing in this team was stated by @4thstreet .........

They are playing with absolutely NO HEART!!!

And the very few who are playing with heart, you can see in the progression off a game, it's being broken.
In the post you quoted of mine its all i do is say we play with no heart so how can you give credit to 4th st for stating that? In which he is correct also.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not Hakstols system that is making them play with zero compete level its lack of leadership

I still don't put that on G or Simmer, who have been the 'team leaders' for a while now. Plus, part of the coach's job description is to lead the team.

Flyers lose 8 in a row, G comes out with a big time shift and scores :48 seconds in to the SJ game. That's good leadership. Setting the tone. Except then everyone fell flat.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't put that on G or Simmer, who have been the 'team leaders' for a while now. Plus, part of the coach's job description is to lead the team.

Flyers lose 8 in a row, G comes out with a big time shift and scores :48 seconds in to the SJ game. That's good leadership. Setting the tone. Except then everyone fell flat.
Awaz we all know that scoring a quick goal is not leadership. If that's the case anyone who scores the first goal is a leader. How about throwing a big check, digging in corners, yelling at your team on the bench to get them fired up, how about dropping the gloves how about getting the fans pumped. Not to mention as you say we had an 8 game losing streak and Gee scores a quick goal that shows leadership but we already lost 8 in a row. If it takes losing 8 games before you do anything to stop it you should give up the C right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz we all know that scoring a quick goal is not leadership. If that's the case anyone who scores the first goal is a leader. How about throwing a big check, digging in corners, yelling at your team on the bench to get them fired up, how about dropping the gloves how about getting the fans pumped. Not to mention as you say we had an 8 game losing streak and Gee scores a quick goal that shows leadership but we already lost 8 in a row. If it takes losing 8 games before you do anything to stop it you should give up the C right now.

The goal of any of that is to get them fired up. You even follow it up in your post with "to get them fired up". If an early goal from your captain doesn't get you fired up, then that is a YOU problem, not a leadership problem. Scoring any old goal doesn't make you a leader, scoring a goal 48 seconds in to a game your team needs to win is being a leader. It's being clutch. It's rising to the occasion.

Love talking hockey with you, but you are out of your mind pinning the team's struggles on Claude Giroux.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I start with the coach. There's nothing that the captain can do to play with someone other than Filpula and Manning in OT. There's nothing he can do when Weise and Lehtera are dressed instead of objectively better hockey players in Leier and Weal. It's not G's fault when Neuvirth gives up soft ass goals like the Thornton one.

Leadership is also knowing that as a key member of the only line that produces on a regular basis, the team needs you out there scoring goals not sitting in the box for 10 minutes.

You pin this on Giroux because he doesn't hit or fight enough for you. 'Leadership' is how you justify it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from putting the first line together, name one thing Hakstol has done that has put this team in a better position to win this season over last.