• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the absolute worst effort and performance of the season for me last night and it's not even close. It's probably only the first or second time we've quit (with more than a period left) in a game too.

I was cursing and holding my hands on my head more in this one than any other game by far. It was completely disgusting to watch the entire replay. That's a couple of hours of my life that I will never get back.

I've been saying all along that Hakstol alone is not to blame here and I still believe that, but he may soon have to take the fall for this.

The truly frustrating part of this is that we may not have even hit rock bottom yet, although last night definitely looked like it.

I'll say if we come out against Boston on Saturday with a well-rested team on home ice and put on another display like this, Hakstol may have to be fired on the spot, because that will confirm that our players have quit on him and there's no coming back from that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the absolute worst effort and performance of the season for me last night and it's not even close. It's probably only the first or second time we've quit (with more than a period left) in a game too.

I was cursing and holding my hands on my head more in this one than any other game by far. It was completely disgusting to watch the entire replay. That's a couple of hours of my life that I will never get back.

I've been saying all along that Hakstol alone is not to blame here and I still believe that, but he may soon have to take the fall for this.

The truly frustrating part of this is that we may not have even hit rock bottom yet, although last night definitely looked like it.

I'll say if we come out against Boston on Saturday with a well-rested team on home ice and put on another display like this, Hakstol may have to be fired on the spot, because that will confirm that our players have quit on him and there's no coming back from that.
This was a second game during this stretch of little to no effort. The Canucks game may have been/was worse.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a second game during this stretch of little to no effort. The Canucks game may have been/was worse.

Yes, I remember the game and the end score was more lopsided, but I think this was worse of a performance. We got absolutely stomped last night. We probably had two or three scoring chances the entire second half of the game. I bet two of those were while we had the goalie pulled...Lol It was that bad. The crowd was booing on and off that whole time too and they should've been.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lay an egg in the next one against an eastern conference team on home ice and with fresh legs, I predict that Hakstol is gone.

So, we're going to find out who has quit on him and who hasn't.

In reading the articles, it seems like Hexy is sticking with our head coach, but this is truly getting ridiculous right now.

I agree that we're a much better team than our record shows, but Hakstol won't last long if we keep hanging our heads and waiving the white flag like we did last night. I am fucking embarrassed to the nth degree.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I remember the game and the end score was more lopsided, but I think this was worse of a performance. We got absolutely stomped last night. We probably had two or three scoring chances the entire second half of the game. I bet two of those were while we had the goalie pulled...Lol It was that bad. The crowd was booing on and off that whole time too and they should've been.
The fans definitely have the right to boo not so much because of the loses but because of the zero compete level. They are paying a lot of money to sit there and deserve better. Even me and you who buy the package to watch the team deserve better. Even the fans at home who take their valuable time to watch deserve better.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans definitely have the right to boo not so much because of the loses but because of the zero compete level. They are paying a lot of money to sit there and deserve better. Even me and you who buy the package to watch the team deserve better. Even the fans at home who take their valuable time to watch deserve better.

Booing the entire fucking game from about the time Raffl took the delay of game penalty late in the 1st period would've been very appropriate. There really aren't even any words to describe how poorly we played or the lackluster effort we showed to get back in the game while down by only a goal or two.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booing the entire fucking game from about the time Raffl took the delay of game penalty late in the 1st period would've been very appropriate. There really aren't even any words to describe how poorly we played or the lackluster effort we showed to get back in the game while down by only a goal or two.
Im pretty sure these same types of efforts got Lavi and Berube fired and next is Hakstol.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wasn't worried about this team until this moment. They are an emotionally scarred group of players and I have no clue what is going to rectify that for good. Winning one game might not be enough to do it. This might take a nice winning streak before we gain back any sort of swagger or team confidence we had previously.

I can't for the life of me figure out why Hexy would say "We are not playing poorly" after a team meeting is held during which it's made known that the effort last night was "unacceptable."

I don't care what anyone says, we played poorly last night. Yes, the Sharks came to play, but that was an absolute, fucking disgrace on our part.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wasn't worried about this team until this moment. They are an emotionally scarred group of players and I have no clue what is going to rectify that for good. Winning one game might not be enough to do it. This might take a nice winning streak before we gain back any sort of swagger or team confidence we had previously.

I can't for the life of me figure out why Hexy would say "We are not playing poorly" after a team meeting is held during which it's made known that the effort last night was "unacceptable."
When i saw Hexy get quoted as saying "were not playing poorly" i was really thinking he was trying to defend his decision to hire Haks.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i saw Hexy get quoted as saying "were not playing poorly" i was really thinking he was trying to defend his decision to hire Haks.

If he's talking about the vast majority of our 25 games, then he's right, but last night was a new level of disarray.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's talking about the vast majority of our 25 games, then he's right, but last night was a new level of disarray.
“If we were playing poorly, I would be the first to say we were playing poorly. I would be,” Hextall said. “We are not playing poorly. To look at objectively at our team right now, and to say we’re playing poorly, no. Are we shooting ourselves in the foot at times? Yes, we are. Critical mistakes at critical times, yes. It’s kind of what happens when the snowball starts to go the wrong way and you start doing things that are a little bit unpredictable. But you look at our effort and at times our execution, if you took the score away the last nine games that I’ve seen and tell me we’re 0-9, I’d be like, ‘come on.’

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the statement by Hexy, but it's not just a streak of 9 straight losses either, it's having lost 14 of our last 17 games. Half of those losses have been either in OT or a SO, but those are monumentally bad results across a time frame of 5-6 weeks no matter how you swing it.

That and our league ranks as a team in some key statistics have really fallen off, including 29th on the penalty kill and 21st in goals per game. Our power play isn't exactly pumping goals home with regularity either. We're not going to win a lot of games with numbers like those. It means our goalies need to be close to perfect and they definitely are not.

Neuvy was weak last night. Probably should've stopped two of those that went in and he would be the first to admit that.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another alarming figure that sort of speaks to our inability to give that second effort and draw a penalty.

Our opposition has had more power plays than us in seven straight games. That and it's 33-19 in their favor over that stretch, which is a massive difference.

That shit needs to start going the other way. It's completely ridiculous. This tells me that we're just plain not competing hard enough to battle through hooks and holds, forecheck, backcheck, put pressure on all over the ice and get those calls.

Yes, some of these referees look like they were plucked directly off a soccer field, but that's not an excuse for this bullshit across so many consecutive games.

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me back when Richards and Carter came up but the team was a lot weaker. They only had Gags then but it would be 4-0 before the first was over. Hard to watch so at least now it isn't as bad but again they have way more talent now. Just a lot of the same mistakes.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year 10 straight wins and missed the playoffs
This year 9 straight losses and we're going to the playoffs......

Seriously, this team has had 16 different coaches since 79. That's a new coach every 2.4 years......
How's that been working out????
So now Hakstol is at about 2.4 years in and you wanna Shit can him...... that hasn't worked in the past.
You have HOW MANY new kids in this line up???? They are trying to learn Hakstol's system. So now you want to mess with there heads bring in a new coach and possibly mess up any progress these kids are making.
This is on the veterans on this team. They need to step up and help mold these kids.
And all this Shit about Hakstol not getting emotional and yelling, and throwing Shit at these kids, come on, you actually think that's gonna bring them around faster???? It's liable to damage a few of them.

And yes we all know Hakstol made the playoffs his first year.....who cares. That was not Hakstol's team, that was leftovers from the last bonehead. How many of them are still around???

Rebuilding sucks ass, but FIRING every mother fucker and trading the farm away is not the answer. Patience is the key. Look for the good and not every single fuck up each guy does. (Unless it's a veteran player that knows better...I.E. Gudas) these kids need to learn before you take them to the wood shed and beat the Hell out of them.
Give it time, our day is coming!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year 10 straight wins and missed the playoffs
This year 9 straight losses and we're going to the playoffs......

Seriously, this team has had 16 different coaches since 79. That's a new coach every 2.4 years......
How's that been working out????
So now Hakstol is at about 2.4 years in and you wanna Shit can him...... that hasn't worked in the past.
You have HOW MANY new kids in this line up???? They are trying to learn Hakstol's system. So now you want to mess with there heads bring in a new coach and possibly mess up any progress these kids are making.
This is on the veterans on this team. They need to step up and help mold these kids.
And all this Shit about Hakstol not getting emotional and yelling, and throwing Shit at these kids, come on, you actually think that's gonna bring them around faster???? It's liable to damage a few of them.

And yes we all know Hakstol made the playoffs his first year.....who cares. That was not Hakstol's team, that was leftovers from the last bonehead. How many of them are still around???

Rebuilding sucks ass, but FIRING every mother fucker and trading the farm away is not the answer. Patience is the key. Look for the good and not every single fuck up each guy does. (Unless it's a veteran player that knows better...I.E. Gudas) these kids need to learn before you take them to the wood shed and beat the Hell out of them.
Give it time, our day is coming!!!!
I agree with most of this except the Give it time our day is coming part. When you have no compete level its hard to accept this term. There is a difference between losing and losing the way we are playing since last month. If you are trying to learn a system fine but learn it while hustling and hitting and getting in the corners and fighting for loose pucks in front of the net and maybe drop the gloves once in a while just to show you care. Give the fans something to cheer about.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the statement by Hexy, but it's not just a streak of 9 straight losses either, it's having lost 14 of our last 17 games. Half of those losses have been either in OT or a SO, but those are monumentally bad results across a time frame of 5-6 weeks no matter how you swing it.

That and our league ranks as a team in some key statistics have really fallen off, including 29th on the penalty kill and 21st in goals per game. Our power play isn't exactly pumping goals home with regularity either. We're not going to win a lot of games with numbers like those. It means our goalies need to be close to perfect and they definitely are not.

Neuvy was weak last night. Probably should've stopped two of those that went in and he would be the first to admit that.
As far as the PP we lost Schenn the league leader in PP goals last season which is hurting Simmer and firing Joey Mullen was another blunder by Hexy.

Shorthanded i really cant see why we are so bad we have a bunch of guys on this team that should be good penalty killers.