• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer must have a nagging injury. He doesn't look the same as he did earlier this season. It's a shame Morin has been injured. It would have been good to have him in against some of the bigger teams in the west.
It's either that or he is just lost on that line, I know he caught a good slapper off the ankle earlier in the year so if it's hindering his play hopefully he sits and lets it heal.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you had an awesome time, I envy you in being able to travel, I was hoping to start doing some and move towards retirement but my new baby girl has rid me of that fantasy.
The sightseeing was great. It was my 2nd time to Paris, but this was fun to share with the family. And yes, my eyes were wandering around at the fine ass younger European ladies. My lady saw me checking, lol.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hextall messed up the Weiss situation badly. And the extension for AMac was bad. Other than that I honestly think I like every thing else he's done.

edit: Not sure I like the Hakstol hire.
I’m with you on Weiss but I think the AMac trade and extension was Homer’s dying move as GM

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes,I'm alive
They finally start playing great defence,Elliott is standing on his head(except for shootouts),but we only have 1 line that can score?

And people wonder whyI drink so damn much!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my other issue with the plan. When do you start introducing these younger players to Hakstols system? If you keep waiting then the window keeps getting extended because the synergy never happens(IMO) and I;m with you on Hakstol, so then if he doesn't work out then you need another coach and a whole other system has to be learned, I still say if it's the future were living for then lets start getting these kids seasoned now.

They have started introducing young players. They’re one of the youngest team in the league. So far this season they’ve had 6 rookies play at least a game and the expectation is at least 3 more will do so before the end of the year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive heard all of this through every GM ive been alive for and we still dont have a cup since 75 so to keep pointing this stuff out is not helping us win a cup until we actually do.

We’ve been watching a different team then. The flyers have never approached building a team this way.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have started introducing young players. They’re one of the youngest team in the league. So far this season they’ve had 6 rookies play at least a game and the expectation is at least 3 more will do so before the end of the year.
I meant like consistently night in and night out and like all players, no more AMac or Weiss or players were losing in a year or two. I know there's the whole paying them thing but who cares at this point.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still sour about the point we left in Winnipeg, but this is a nice start this afternoon in Philly.

Everything that Sean Couturier and Ivan Provorov touch turns to gold, essentially. That's the story of this team right now. And so, it's no surprise that Couturier is leading all of our forwards in ice time and Provorov leading our defenders too, by a mile.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For fuck's sake, just stop taking penalties and end this thing in regulation or OT!!

Nice of fucking Sean Moneyhands to tie this one up for the hat trick too while Taylor Leier's marbles drop from his equipment, laying out on the ice.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is getting old. Highly competitive in every game, but cannot get the win. Yes, the bounces aren't really going our way in force, but it now seems like we're doing just enough to stay in it but lose a tight game every single time out.

The Flames never led in this game and yet they walk away with two points...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're paying to see competitive hockey here folks, not winning hockey. This team is better than that. We're also better than dead last in the Metro, which is where we technically sit. This is what happens when we're not playing each other though. 1st and 8th place separated by 5 lousy points.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've now beaten arguably 3 of the top 5 or 6 teams in the Nhl (TOR, STL and CHI) over the last four weeks, but lost ALL nine of the other games we've played over that same stretch.

We're apparently still the team that can rise to the occasion and beat anyone, but also can't beat below average teams or even the worst teams.

I'm going to pick on our goalie here too for a sec, probably because he's an easy target. Elliott has mostly played well lately, but how do you give up a goal to all three shooters in the shootout and expect us to win? He's just the opposite of clutch right now for us, I'm sorry. And then you give up 5 to your former team, when you should know all of their shooters.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These three division games coming up are going to tell us a lot about this team. It's a chance to gain six points on and probably even pass multiple teams ahead of us within the division. Finally not a fucking team from out west either.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, so Elliott stopped 1 of 4 in the SO against Winnipeg, but you get my point. In order for us to stay in that, we'd have to score 3 out of 4 on the other guy. That's just not likely against any goalie.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my other issue with the plan. When do you start introducing these younger players to Hakstols system? If you keep waiting then the window keeps getting extended because the synergy never happens(IMO) and I;m with you on Hakstol, so then if he doesn't work out then you need another coach and a whole other system has to be learned, I still say if it's the future were living for then lets start getting these kids seasoned now.
We have had several coaches come and go when do the players take responsibility