• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand how you get so riled up over a 20 year old player with 89 games of pro experience. Patience is a virtue. Since you blew off the Couts comparison how about this...In Voracek's first 2 full seasons in the NHL he went 9/29/38 & 16/34/50. I know you want to win now, everyone does, but you need young talent on ELCs to be competitive over years and not in cap hell year after year.
I would trade being in cap hell for 7 years if we could win a cup now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe that we let that one slip away. Gudas is just a meat head.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with anyone who plays on our 4th line loses all ability to get points.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs didn't help us out any. Laughton goes to the box for 2 minutes and Buff does the same exact thing and no call.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a tough game plenty of chances but guys are missing the net. Keep in mind that the Jets are rolling right now. They're finding ways to win Flyers are finding ways to lose but that should balance out. Patrick will also help kid just needs time.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a tough game plenty of chances but guys are missing the net. Keep in mind that the Jets are rolling right now. They're finding ways to win Flyers are finding ways to lose but that should balance out. Patrick will also help kid just needs time.
THERE IS NO TIME! (if you listen to some members here...)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back in the states again. What the hell did I miss? I was too busy learning French in Paris and feeding my face in the bakeries and deli's.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Konecny is crazy IMO. He's 20. He costs 900k per year and plays in your top 6 most nights. He's on pace for 30 points shooting 5% (leage avg is 9%). If his shooting percentage alone were league average, he's at 44 point pace this year. In line with guys like E. Kane, Jordan Staal, Marian Hossa, Jagr, D. Sedin, RNH, Hornqvist. Some of those guys are just overpaid, but all of them make millions more than Konecny. Plus he's the only person outside the top line and PP1 that even generates opportunities let alone chances. There's literally 0 reason to trade Konecny.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back in the states again. What the hell did I miss? I was too busy learning French in Paris and feeding my face in the bakeries and deli's.
Nothing but a offensive power outage and a lot of loses.

Nous saluons le retour

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Konecny is crazy IMO. He's 20. He costs 900k per year and plays in your top 6 most nights. He's on pace for 30 points shooting 5% (leage avg is 9%). If his shooting percentage alone were league average, he's at 44 point pace this year. In line with guys like E. Kane, Jordan Staal, Marian Hossa, Jagr, D. Sedin, RNH, Hornqvist. Some of those guys are just overpaid, but all of them make millions more than Konecny. Plus he's the only person outside the top line and PP1 that even generates opportunities let alone chances. There's literally 0 reason to trade Konecny.
I agree plus he is one of the few people who actually check opponents with force.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hart is the starting goalie in 2019-2020, if not sooner. He's currently on a 2 shutout streak and has a 1.79 GAA and .941 sv% this season. He's going to be great. Allison, Frost, Bunnaman, Marody, and Rubstov all look like they could be NHL caliber forwards in the next year or two. Conveniently Filppula, Lehtera, and Read, 75% of the contracts people hate, will also be up in a year or two.

Hextall is maximizing the value he has available to him to prepare to be a perennial contender starting in 2019. Some of that value was cap space this year, hence the Schenn for 2 firsts and Lehtera trade.

He's not trading away talent year after year like the Sixers. He's being patient. Rather than pick up pieces to win now, he's waiting for the ones he already has to develop. He clears $5 mil in salary a year earlier with the Schenn/Lehtera trade, conveniently, the same year Simmonds, Weal, Laughton, Konency, Provorov, and Sanheim are up. Do you really want a couple years of Schenn making them the 6 seed instead of the 8 seed at the risk losing those guys? Throw in 2 first round picks and that was a f'n slam dunk for Hextall. IMO that's one of the best trades they've made in the past 5-10 years.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hart is the starting goalie in 2019-2020, if not sooner. He's currently on a 2 shutout streak and has a 1.79 GAA and .941 sv% this season. He's going to be great. Allison, Frost, Bunnaman, Marody, and Rubstov all look like they could be NHL caliber forwards in the next year or two. Conveniently Filppula, Lehtera, and Read, 75% of the contracts people hate, will also be up in a year or two.

Hextall is maximizing the value he has available to him to prepare to be a perennial contender starting in 2019. Some of that value was cap space this year, hence the Schenn for 2 firsts and Lehtera trade.

He's not trading away talent year after year like the Sixers. He's being patient. Rather than pick up pieces to win now, he's waiting for the ones he already has to develop. He clears $5 mil in salary a year earlier with the Schenn/Lehtera trade, conveniently, the same year Simmonds, Weal, Laughton, Konency, Provorov, and Sanheim are up. Do you really want a couple years of Schenn making them the 6 seed instead of the 8 seed at the risk losing those guys? Throw in 2 first round picks and that was a f'n slam dunk for Hextall. IMO that's one of the best trades they've made in the past 5-10 years.
Hmmmm, this sounds vaguely familiar. Maybe it will be taken differently from a different voice

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, this sounds vaguely familiar. Maybe it will be taken differently from a different voice

As a preemptive defense, say you would rather them keep Schenn and make the trade as those contracts are ending. If you think you're getting two firsts for Schenn when you have to move him to clear space and can't take any salary back, you're wrong. That's more of a Schenn (retain 25% of his salary) for a 3rd rounder. Those that would want Schenn (contenders) won't have the cap space to add $5 mil straight up, and those that could afford him (rebuilders) have no reason to trade future assets for a middle aged forward.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Year after year that number keeps getting pushed back at this rate we will have our cup in 2050

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A different voice saying the same thing doesn't make us have the cup any faster. In 2019 we you will push it back another few years and so on and son on.