• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I don't buy all this building to compete in 3-4 yrs shit, that;s stupid business on any level. Like I said, where is this big future goalie we have and why isn't he getting his reps now? These players are professionals, they are either good enough or their not, it;s pretty simple really. I agree on building a good pool to chose from but that can be done without all the 5 yer building process.
Our goalies have a bright future with Stolarz and Hart and Lyons. I want to win now also which is why i was against the Schenn trade but it happened and we cant get him back even though he is 7th in the league in scoring.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our goalies have a bright future with Stolarz and Hart and Lyons. I want to win now also which is why i was against the Schenn trade but it happened and we cant get him back even though he is 7th in the league in scoring.
I want to win every year, I know there are down seasons but if your building for the future to compete constantly then you have to start parting ways with the elder pieces or just hope their contracts are up by your window opens I guess. I guess I'm just stupid lol.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to win every year, I know there are down seasons but if your building for the future to compete constantly then you have to start parting ways with the elder pieces or just hope their contracts are up by your window opens I guess. I guess I'm just stupid lol.
Parting ways with elder pieces? We have 1 forward and 1 d-man over 30 on the roster.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to win every season also and thought we had a chance for a deep playoff run this year with the addition of Patrick if we kept the same squad as last year but Hexy always looking to the future trying to put his stamp on this team. Well just keep hoping for that cup to come to our team.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess as a fan I like to invest time in competing winning teams, should I check back in three years?
I want to win every season also and thought we had a chance for a deep playoff run this year with the addition of Patrick if we kept the same squad as last year but Hexy always looking to the future trying to put his stamp on this team. Well just keep hoping for that cup to come to our team.
I understand the future build shit, I understand all the contract shit, I'm just tired of hearing this BS were building to compete 3 years down the road crap. If you are doing that(which wouldn't bother me) than go all out and get fully stocked and loaded, get these goalie prospects seasoned and get the chemistry set, get all you can for some good players at the top of their game now Build, build, build!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boy am I glad you are not GM. In consecutive posts you suggested trading a perennial 30 goal scorer on a team friendly deal and dumping a 20 year old kid that hasn't found his scoring touch in the NHL yet but put up monster numbers throughout juniors...:L
Hey you're choke artist Koneckney sux more every game. Too bad this isnt the fuckin jouniors where he belongs. Would get rid of him in a heartbeat!

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also know it sounds like I'm being a total dick but I'm not, I think he's severly over-rated.
I just don't understand how you get so riled up over a 20 year old player with 89 games of pro experience. Patience is a virtue. Since you blew off the Couts comparison how about this...In Voracek's first 2 full seasons in the NHL he went 9/29/38 & 16/34/50. I know you want to win now, everyone does, but you need young talent on ELCs to be competitive over years and not in cap hell year after year.