• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had to take the contract to off-set Schenn's contract and get 2 1st round picks. There was no getting around it. 400k less than Schenn and 1 year less term.
I knew why lol, I was just doing some wishful thinking on what we should have tried to get. Be nice if we could unload jim for something though.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and honestly, last year you could have made the same comment regarding Couts contract compared to his production until the last month or so.
Last year Couts was 23 so he had plenty of time to reach his potential and Lehtera was 28 so its not quite the same

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Couts was 23 so he had plenty of time to reach his potential and Lehtera was 28 so its not quite the same
ok AMac then. Point being, the league is littered with bad contracts

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How he makes more money (4.7 million) than Couts and Simmer is beyond me. We have that salary on the cap for next season also.
He turned his 1st year 14-30-44 +21 into gold.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could also throw Filpula and Read into the bad contracts we have on one team.
At least they are both UFA's after this year. Lehtera has another year after this one.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a silly contract to pick up. We should've just tried to get all the high picks we could, or some potential up and comer in their system.

Well, we did get two 1st round picks. That's a lot, really. The trade was clearly made because Hexy considers that while we may be a playoff team, we're in no position to be a true contender this season or next. So, we might as well take on an extra contract for 1st round picks. For whatever reason, Schenn must not have been in our future plans.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we did get two 1st round picks. That's a lot, really. The trade was clearly made because Hexy considers that while we may be a playoff team, we're in no position to be a true contender this season or next. So, we might as well take on an extra contract for 1st round picks. For whatever reason, Schenn must not have been in our future plans.
I think a lot has to do with the fact that Simmonds and Konecny contracts are up the same time as Lehtera. Their deals will be easier to digest without having Schenn's 5mil + on the books.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm gonna get blasted for this but if all what you say is true, then we might as well do the same with Simmer. I'm sure we could get some great prospects for him that would play into our future youth and depth movement. I know a lot of fans are high on this guy but I think we could def afford to let him go at this point. Also how do we groom one of these goalie prospects we have to be NHL ready in a year? If we are set up to compete for it all with in a 2-3 yr window don't we need to have a goalie start playing with the growing team?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot has to do with the fact that Simmonds and Konecny contracts are up the same time as Lehtera. Their deals will be easier to digest without having Schenn's 5mil + on the books.
Or get rid if this one to then, I mean great hustler but if he can never score pretty sure we could stand to part with this kid too.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the 2nd boring game in a row. Wild have a boring style always in the passing lanes, cut of time and space when you have the puck and not give up anything easy. Bruce Boudreau style of hockey.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm gonna get blasted for this but if all what you say is true, then we might as well do the same with Simmer. I'm sure we could get some great prospects for him that would play into our future youth and depth movement. I know a lot of fans are high on this guy but I think we could def afford to let him go at this point. Also how do we groom one of these goalie prospects we have to be NHL ready in a year? If we are set up to compete for it all with in a 2-3 yr window don't we need to have a goalie start playing with the growing team?
At this rate we will keep pushing our cup hopes further into the future. Our PP definitely looks better with Schenn on it and i can see Simmer misses him as a second guy in front crashing the net for rebounds on point shots. Everyone doubles down on Simmer now and its hard to score with 2 guys on you that close in front.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the 2nd boring game in a row. Wild have a boring style always in the passing lanes, cut of time and space when you have the puck and not give up anything easy. Bruce Boudreau style of hockey.
Yep, and Hakstoll came with the same game plan! Imagine that. I'm about over that dude as a coach too.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or get rid if this one to then, I mean great hustler but if he can never score pretty sure we could stand to part with this kid too.
boy am I glad you are not GM. In consecutive posts you suggested trading a perennial 30 goal scorer on a team friendly deal and dumping a 20 year old kid that hasn't found his scoring touch in the NHL yet but put up monster numbers throughout juniors...:L

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer finally back to his crash game last night and was one of the best two players on the ice along with Weal. Elliot was at the top of his game last night again.If Couts doesn't get robbed or Weise scores on the break away it may have been a different outcome.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this rate we will keep pushing our cup hopes further into the future. Our PP definitely looks better with Schenn on it and i can see Simmer misses him as a second guy in front crashing the net for rebounds on point shots. Everyone doubles down on Simmer now and its hard to score with 2 guys on you that close in front.
Yea I don't buy all this building to compete in 3-4 yrs shit, that;s stupid business on any level. Like I said, where is this big future goalie we have and why isn't he getting his reps now? These players are professionals, they are either good enough or their not, it;s pretty simple really. I agree on building a good pool to chose from but that can be done without all the 5 yer building process.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boy am I glad you are not GM. In consecutive posts you suggested trading a perennial 30 goal scorer on a team friendly deal and dumping a 20 year old kid that hasn't found his scoring touch in the NHL yet but put up monster numbers throughout juniors...:L
You need reading comprehension skills, I said if it's a 2-3 year plan why not dump Koneckney then if he doesn't learn to score and if were looking to build a future power house, who better than Simmer to get a good return on now>