• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good first period. Congratz to Ghost on a historical milestone. Poor Koneckny is snake bitten but great hustle.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great home game overall. Everyone on the top line scores a goal. I don't think G scores that goal last season, he just didn't have the confidence or possibly even the speed to get the shot off that quickly while still on target.

The pairing of Provorov and Hagg is really shining bright. Provorov is an absolute horse, we know this, but Hagg is doing work too. The guy is +10 through only 16 games as a rookie, getting over 19 minutes per. Pretty unreal stuff. I mean, he is rock solid defensively and can definitely separate a guy from the puck. It's a pleasure to watch.

We definitely let off the gas pedal in the third period and also got an unfortunate bounce with the one goal against, but Elliott was good when he needed to be. Let's give him a 2-3 goal lead more often, because he played very well with it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, it's great to have Gudas back. He definitely strikes fear in the hearts of a few opponents and creates a lot of room out there for his partner. Sanheim is definitely overdue now for his first Nhl goal. I expect it to come soon. Manning getting the job done too and Ghost seems always to be dangerous. His pass to Jake for the goal in this one was pretty outstanding and he manages to stay just one point back of the league leading defenders in points, despite missing several games.

And so, the defense is definitely rounding into form here.

I would've liked to keep the pressure on the Hawks for the whole game, but it's still a solid win. We could've won that thing 5-1 or 6-1 pretty easily. That's not the dynasty team anymore that it was a few years ago. They have some pieces, but not everything.

Last edited:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hagg had another strong game and has been solid all season. Looking like he and Provy can be a legitimate top pairing. I don't really remember the last time we had a true top pairing and Provy is 20 and Hagg 22.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hagg had another strong game and has been solid all season. Looking like he and Provy can be a legitimate top pairing. I don't really remember the last time we had a true top pairing and Provy is 20 and Hagg 22.

That could literally be our top pairing for the next dozen years and it appears like we would love every minute of it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great home game overall. Everyone on the top line scores a goal. I don't think G scores that goal last season, he just didn't have the confidence or possibly even the speed to get the shot off that quickly while still on target.

The pairing of Provorov and Hagg is really shining bright. Provorov is an absolute horse, we know this, but Hagg is doing work too. The guy is +10 through only 16 games as a rookie, getting over 19 minutes per. Pretty unreal stuff. I mean, he is rock solid defensively and can definitely separate a guy from the puck. It's a pleasure to watch.

We definitely let off the gas pedal in the third period and also got an unfortunate bounce with the one goal against, but Elliott was good when he needed to be. Let's give him a 2-3 goal lead more often, because he played very well with it.
Gee was a stud in all three zones night. Solid game by the top line and Elliot was very good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, it's great to have Gudas back. He definitely strikes fear in the hearts of a few opponents and creates a lot of room out there for his partner. Sanheim is definitely overdue now for his first Nhl goal. I expect it to come soon. Manning getting the job done too and Ghost seems always to be dangerous. His pass to Jake for the goal in this one was pretty outstanding and he manages to stay just one point back of the league leading defenders in points, despite missing several games.

And so, the defense is definitely rounding into form here.

I would've liked to keep the pressure on the Hawks for the whole game, but it's still a solid win. We could've won that thing 5-1 or 6-1 pretty easily. That's not the dynasty team anymore that it was a few years ago. They have some pieces, but not everything.
It was nice to see Gudas crush Bouma for getting into it in front of pour net earlier.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to think these guys could be on defense for our top line for years to come.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three goals we scored last night were very pretty, tic-tac-toe goals too. Fabulous passes to set up equally impressive shots. Crawford was statistically the best goalie in the Nhl coming in, so that's how you beat him. We probably could've had a few more on him with any luck or just the same pressure in the third period.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three goals we scored last night were very pretty, tic-tac-toe goals too. Fabulous passes to set up equally impressive shots. Crawford was statistically the best goalie in the Nhl coming in, so that's how you beat him. We probably could've had a few more on him with any luck or just the same pressure in the third period.
This is true. Weise hit the post Crawford saved one off his toe i think from TK and another couple of plays where their defensemen had to lay down in the crease to keep it from going in.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. Weise hit the post Crawford saved one off his toe i think from TK and another couple of plays where their defensemen had to lay down in the crease to keep it from going in.

Essentially Crawford is leading the league in goalie stats, played well and we still got three by him. Not bad, but we probably want more 60 minute pressure, especially after a layoff.

Faceoffs were 49-24 in our favor too, so we dominated possession. Giroux, Couturier, Filppula and Lehtera are owning that area for the season. Even Laughton was 9-4 last night, which improves on his average drastically.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially Crawford is leading the league in goalie stats, played well and we still got three by him. Not bad, but we probably want more 60 minute pressure, especially after a layoff.

Faceoffs were 49-24 in our favor too, so we dominated possession. Giroux, Couturier, Filppula and Lehtera are owning that area for the season. Even Laughton was 9-4 last night, which improves on his average drastically.
We haven't lost to Chicago at home since the 90's. I wish we could play every game as good as we played last night. Solid offense, solid defense, solid goal tending and dominate the face off circle.