• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read on waivers today. Could be to clear a spot to bring AMac off IR, or to bring up a dman (Morin?).

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read on waivers today. Could be to clear a spot to bring AMac off IR, or to bring up a dman (Morin?).
Id say Read will get through waivers and we send him down but if AMac isn't where do we go from there.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id say Read will get through waivers and we send him down but if AMac isn't where do we go from there.

They sent Read down to clear a space with Gudas now suspended and on the roster. So they want to do something with that space, either activate AMac or call up a dman for the back to back today/tomorrow. Twitter seems to think Friday at the earliest for AMac, so I would think they'll call someone up today. Phantoms have a big game tomorrow against the Baby Pens. If I were in charge, I'd call up Morin for at least today. Have him play tonight, if nobody gets hurt you can send Alt or Morin back down tomorrow to play in the Phantom's game and activate AMac on Thursday.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sent Read down to clear a space with Gudas now suspended and on the roster. So they want to do something with that space, either activate AMac or call up a dman for the back to back today/tomorrow. Twitter seems to think Friday at the earliest for AMac, so I would think they'll call someone up today. Phantoms have a big game tomorrow against the Baby Pens. If I were in charge, I'd call up Morin for at least today. Have him play tonight, if nobody gets hurt you can send Alt or Morin back down tomorrow to play in the Phantom's game and activate AMac on Thursday.
I agree which means it wont happen lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like the most logical moves we can make.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering how fast these two would progress, I see Vecchione getting some time soon unless there is something I don't know about him. I've watched old games with him and he is an all around smart player. Don't know a lot about Hart.
I hope they both progress and produce for our team as soon as next season. Hart is supposed to be the real deal and Vecchione a bottom 6 maybe at best.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they both progress and produce for our team as soon as next season. Hart is supposed to be the real deal and Vecchione a bottom 6 maybe at best.
I think Vecchione could be more than a bottom 6. The kid has a awesome snap shot and can score. He seems to know how to get open, I just hope with our future talent we can roll 3 top lines that would make any team jealous.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does anybody know what is keeping us from bringing Hart up to play? Is it because of his age or his contract?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming they still dont see mighty mite Martel as an NHL guy, which I do, I think Vecchione is the first call up at forward.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does anybody know what is keeping us from bringing Hart up to play? Is it because of his age or his contract?

Yep, U-20 players that play juniors cannot play in the AHL due to labor agreements. So they're either NHL or juniors until that age. His contract slides until he starts playing NHL or AHL games though, so rather than have him be a part-time guy for the Flyers, likely mostly backup, they let him get tons of minutes in juniors.

Plus, goalies normally take a little more time to develop. It's pretty rare to see anyone under 21-22 start in an NHL net. Even Carey Price was 20, and he was the 5th overall pick and extremely highly thought of at that age.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vecchione could be more than a bottom 6. The kid has a awesome snap shot and can score. He seems to know how to get open, I just hope with our future talent we can roll 3 top lines that would make any team jealous.
This situation would be awesome if we could get him up producing and have 3 solid lines. That's what LA did when they traded for our top guys Carter and Richards which were their second and sometimes third line which won them the cup.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, U-20 players that play juniors cannot play in the AHL due to labor agreements. So they're either NHL or juniors until that age. His contract slides until he starts playing NHL or AHL games though, so rather than have him be a part-time guy for the Flyers, likely mostly backup, they let him get tons of minutes in juniors.

Plus, goalies normally take a little more time to develop. It's pretty rare to see anyone under 21-22 start in an NHL net. Even Carey Price was 20, and he was the 5th overall pick and extremely highly thought of at that age.
Ok I thought it was an age/contract deal but wasn't sure 100% how it worked. So I say we see him competing for the starting job in 2019-20 season when were ready to dump Neuvirth and Elliot.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This situation would be awesome if we could get him up producing and have 3 solid lines. That's what LA did when they traded for our top guys Carter and Richards which were their second and sometimes third line which won them the cup.
Ah yes, the Dream! Well I guess it can only get better right?