• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched half of the game. Here are my observations.

1. Home opener and first game for the Kings. We were on back to back on the west coast. Kings were a step ahead most of the night.
2. Neuvy made the save of the year in only the 2nd game of the season.
3. Hagg looked (again) like he belongs.
4. The 4th line will be exciting to watch.
5. Sanheim was a little rough. May need some more AHL seasoning. Send him down and 1st call up when inevitable suspension or injury happens.
6. Patrick is here to stay.
7. We still need another shooter. Too many extra passes last night. Shoot, crash net, get rebounds.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched half of the game. Here are my observations.

1. Home opener and first game for the Kings. We were on back to back on the west coast. Kings were a step ahead most of the night.
2. Neuvy made the save of the year in only the 2nd game of the season.
3. Hagg looked (again) like he belongs.
4. The 4th line will be exciting to watch.
5. Sanheim was a little rough. May need some more AHL seasoning. Send him down and 1st call up when inevitable suspension or injury happens.
6. Patrick is here to stay.
7. We still need another shooter. Too many extra passes last night. Shoot, crash net, get rebounds.
#7 is what i think is a glaring need. With one sniper we could make a deep playoff run. Too many pass first guys on this team.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it was still a good showing for the second night of a back to back on the California trip to open the season. Quick just stood on his head and the refs weren't calling the Kings for the tripping and interference they were getting away with early on. Later in the game, they started to call it. We basically dominated the entire third period and still didn't score.

I think it's just growing pains for Sanheim. I wouldn't send him down because of just a couple of bad breaks in his first Nhl game on the road.

I still say we should've had far more than five power play opportunities, but we weren't getting the puck to the net with traffic often enough anyway.

Neuvy was good too obviously and the save on Kopitar will probably be replayed all season long.

Just keep it moving here and I would still bench Weise asap. The guy can't do anything right. Definitely hampering our third line.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just growing pains for Sanheim. I wouldn't send him down because of just a couple of bad breaks in his first Nhl game on the road.

I agree, but with limits. Provorov had a rough first 10 games or so last year, but still had a certain "it" factor in his game that showed he belonged. Sanheim will need to show the same.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it was still a good showing for the second night of a back to back on the California trip to open the season. Quick just stood on his head and the refs weren't calling the Kings for the tripping and interference they were getting away with early on. Later in the game, they started to call it. We basically dominated the entire third period and still didn't score.

I still say we should've had far more than five power play opportunities, but we weren't getting the puck to the net with traffic often enough anyway.

Neuvy was good too obviously and the save on Kopitar will probably be replayed all season long.

Just keep it moving here and I would still bench Weise asap. The guy can't do anything right. Definitely hampering our third line.
Weise is just terrible !

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but with limits. Provorov had a rough first 10 games or so last year, but still had a certain "it" factor in his game that showed he belonged. Sanheim will need to show the same.
Total agreement, i had Provorov traded or sent down after the first 10 games last season and he turned out pretty good. Let the kids play and keep Sanheim out there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we lost it was nice to see the Rags lose their home opener to the Avs and Pitt lose 10-1 to the Hawks.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now we have 1 too many dmen. Hagg, Sanhein and Morin are not options for #7 as they need to play. Even if Manning gets sent down, I highly doubt A Mac sits as #7 as he has been on the 1st pairing with Provy last year and this year. Manning can be a #7. I think Hagg stays which leaves Sanheim or Moran.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now we have 1 too many dmen. Hagg, Sanhein and Morin are not options for #7 as they need to play. Even if Manning gets sent down, I highly doubt A Mac sits as #7 as he has been on the 1st pairing with Provy last year and this year. Manning can be a #7. I think Hagg stays which leaves Sanheim or Moran.

Sure, I think we agree that we're talking about one of Sanheim or Morin being up with the Flyers.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're really turning into a team here that finishes games very strong and skates hard to the bitter end.

Our shots edge in the third period and OT of games to date is officially 50-20, which is dominant no matter how you slice it.

That said, I think both goals we gave up last night were easily preventable. We were only bailed out from potentially losing a shootout via some brilliance by the unlikely duo of Couturier and Simmonds early on in overtime.

I think Sanheim got caught out with Hagg on the first goal against and learned yet another lesson defensively, leaving a man all alone in front. Our power play was really out of sorts on the last couple opportunities and somehow fucking Cam Fowler is the one to make us pay for it.

How about that pass by Patrick to Provorov for the first goal? It's almost like these two have done this before. Oh wait...

I knew Couturier was going to start lighting the lamp here eventually and it was a brilliant play by Voracek to set him up too. How about the stat line by Sean too? A goal, an assist and a +3 as essentially our top line center.

What can you really say? 2-1 on the California trip with a 37-23 shots edge in the last one. Gibson pretty much stood on his head too and we still beat them. We basically just put in three really strong road efforts after having been a bad road team all of last season.

I see Weise is finally the low man on the totem pole for ice time. Now we just need to get him off the ice altogether. You have to wonder when Lehtera or Morin will get a look here, for sure.

That and I know it was brief, but Raffl looked good on the pk while Simmonds was in the box. Maybe save the Wayne Train for offense and slide Raffl into his spot permanently. I would give that a serious look.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weal already got his first goal in game one... :heh::pound:
I was calling for Weal to score first in the game, like we've been doing for a couple of years here predicting who will score first. I should've picked Prov.