• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the Manning and Gudas combo well have to wait and see what Haks does. We know what both bring to the game and i would think Manning gets replaced before Gudas but will probably have to comeback for a Gudas suspension. He crushed another player last night face to the boards i hope SJ doesn't send the tape to the league.

very true, that was a pretty mean hit from Gudas.

I don't think or want Gudas out of the lineup for that, he's played great as a Flyer for the most part. Last night was an anomaly I think. Manning should be replaced though.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge 2nd game of a back to back early on tonight. I hope the young guns are ready for it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, if we could have picked one guy to score our first goal, it would've been Giroux, so that worked out nicely. The top line was flying all night long. Every single one of them looks like a monster in their own way out there. It's been mentioned, but Couturier definitely should've had a couple goals. He's right on the cusp of scoring them. I think it will come too.

Weise just about gave up the first goal against with around six minutes left in the first, then his dreadful shorthanded giveaway led directly to the second goal against with 19 seconds left. All he had to do was take the easy clear. He completely fumbled every offensive opportunity too. It's embarrassing. Dump him now in favor of Lehtera.

Elliott played very well, despite what some stats may show. Not much he can do with the three that got past him. One was a fluke that went off MacDonald's skate in front, another was batted out of mid-air at close range and the third I already mentioned.

Really great to see Ghost back in the form of dominance and the power play too for that matter. No Schenn? No problem. Both units were able to dominate at times, especially the top unit though, obviously.

Simmonds just doing what he does best. Play hard, fast, get into the dirty areas and lead by example. Maybe he finally gets 40 this year, especially with the hat trick to start it off.

I'm sorry, Sharks, but about 80% of your offense in this game was Labanc alone. This kid is good, but he was however in the box for all three of our power play goals. I saw you whining afterwards every time too. Grow up, you little bitch...Lol

I would probably bench Manning for Sanheim as well in the next game. If you put him with Gudas, you don't have to change the other pairings. I'm still not thrilled with Mac, but at least he was a +1 in this contest and didn't lose it for us. His foot sure tried though.

The penalty kill was largely good, we just had one bad bounce and one aforementioned terrible play by Weise. There needs to be some better discipline shown though. Six opportunities against is too many.

I'm not sure why Raffl only played 7:22 in this one. Where was he on the penalty kill? Would've much rather had him out there instead of Weise. Did he get injured?

Overall, a really solid, fast-paced road game. We couldn't ask for much more of a team effort in a place where we apparently had very little success over the years.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Raffl is in for some pretty low ice times this season, when everyone is healthy. With Leier/Laughton and Couturier/Simmonds as the primary PK'ers and being on the 4th line, Raffl won't be out there much i expect.

Weise, from what I could tell, was only out there for his one dreadful shift on the PK. For some reason he took Simmers' spot. *confirmed via box score, he had 6 seconds of SH TOI. made the most of it :L

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Raffl is in for some pretty low ice times this season, when everyone is healthy. With Leier/Laughton and Couturier/Simmonds as the primary PK'ers and being on the 4th line, Raffl won't be out there much i expect.

Weise, from what I could tell, was only out there for his one dreadful shift on the PK. For some reason he took Simmers' spot.

That 7:22 just popped out at me, considering every other player had more than 11 minutes of time, Weise included. The entire fourth line looks really good too.

I'm a bit surprised I guess that Leier is thought of as a better pk option than Raffl. Maybe Leier and Laughton were doing it together in the Ahl as a pair too. I did not think of that at first, but still.

Lol Weise managed to get stuck out there for 6 seconds of pk and in that brief moment, he turned it over in a terrible area and we were immediately scored on. I'm sorry, but the guy is fucking terrible and that needs to be addressed asap.

I didn't mention Konecny or Weal either, but they definitely were flying around and making plays on their respective lines too.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 7:22 just popped out at me, considering every other player had more than 11 minutes of time, Weise included. The entire fourth line looks really good too.

I'm a bit surprised I guess that Leier is thought of as a better pk option than Raffl. Maybe Leier and Laughton were doing it together in the Ahl as a pair too. I did not think of that at first, but still.

Lol Weise managed to get stuck out there for 6 seconds of pk and in that brief moment, he turned it over in a terrible area and we were immediately scored on. I'm sorry, but the guy is fucking terrible and that needs to be addressed asap.

I didn't mention Konecny or Weal either, but they definitely were flying around and making plays on their respective lines too.

I believe Leier and Laughton were the #1 PK unit for the Phantoms last year too, so thats probably why. I like them out there together too, they looked good last night. They bring so much more speed than Bellemare and VDV brought last year. It's nice to see, they're actually dangerous and a scoring threat even. Couturier and Simmonds almost had a shortie too.

Weise, Konecny, and Weal, couldn't agree more. Would be surprised if they do it after a win, but i'd love to see Lehtera and Sanheim or Morin in tonight for Weise and Manning.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to thank Martin Jones for making a great pass to Jake who threw it over for Gee's slam dunk.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to thank Martin Jones for making a great pass to Jake who threw it over for Gee's slam dunk.

Jones had some mistakes early, for sure, but he recovered to make some ridiculous saves, especially in the third period when we were trying to put them away. I think we outplayed them, altogether. The total amount of shots don't tell the whole tale, for sure.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, it was pretty sweet to see the Pens lose before our game and also Mason give up five goals on only twenty shots and get yanked in his first start. They should've lost in regulation though. Ironically, it was B. Schenn with the Hartnell-esque, bone-headed play that let Shitsburgh back in a game late that they had no business getting points out of.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones had some mistakes early, for sure, but he recovered to make some ridiculous saves, especially in the third period when we were trying to put them away. I think we outplayed them, altogether. The total amount of shots don't tell the whole tale, for sure.
We outplayed them really bad in the third period it could've been 7-3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, it was pretty sweet to see the Pens lose before our game and also Mason give up five goals on only twenty shots and get yanked in his first start. They should've lost in regulation though. Ironically, it was B. Schenn with the Hartnell-esque, bone-headed play that let Shitsburgh back in a game late that they had no business getting points out of.
This game made me miss the first couple of minutes of our game i hope the same thing doesn't happen tonight. I may not be able watch tonight though as i need to sleep at some point.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game made me miss the first couple of minutes of our game i hope the same thing doesn't happen tonight. I may not be able watch tonight though as i need to sleep at some point.

Haha same. I've got an early flight tomorrow too. Plus a pretty lousy record for sleeping later than i mean to when i'm supposed to fly somewhere.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty annoying, for sure. I literally upgraded my cable service to include NBCSN and Nhl Network yesterday just for the start of hockey season, so I won't miss a single game via DVR.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty annoying, for sure. I literally upgraded my cable service to include NBCSN and Nhl Network yesterday just for the start of hockey season, so I won't miss a single game via DVR.
I already have NBCSN so i ordered the NHL center ice package and of course its on NBCSN where the Pitt game lasted too long. If it was on Center Ice i would've just DVRd it and saw the whole game.We won thats all that matters.

Game 2 tonight LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read everybody's assessments of the game and I only was able to see the 1st period, but I thought the team looked good. I saw a lot of heads up plays and Weal's speed is going to haunt defensemen all season. Looking good so far.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's the same lineup as last night with Neuvy in goal. Still no Morin or Sanheim (scratches head). This really doesn't make any sense. They should be in the AHL and playing if they are just going to sit in the NHL (scratches head again).

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's the same lineup as last night with Neuvy in goal. Still no Morin or Sanheim (scratches head). This really doesn't make any sense. They should be in the AHL and playing if they are just going to sit in the NHL (scratches head again).
Sanheim got in there and was minus 2 but that's going to happen as he learns the speed of the game. Keep him in there please Haks let him grow.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first two periods hammered so i need someone to post the particulars. I saw the third period this morning and we played awesome. We were the far better team for at least the third but Quick was too good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Laughton and Patrick lost a lot of face offs but i guess that is to be expected early on.