• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team seems to have scored it
1. Hagg
2. Sanheim
3. Morin

Out of camp. I thought all 3 had good camps, but there's only two spots of they value MacDonald which they clearly do.

I'm fine with that scoring of the rooks, but I'd rather have Morin than AMac obviously.

I think ranking Morin 3rd has more to do with wanting to have balanced pairings with one offensive d-man and one defensive d-man than any knock on Morin. I expect he'll be up and in a starting role before the end of the season.

Offensively - Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim
Defensively - Gudas, Hagg, MacDonald/Manning

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Neal is on pace for 123 goals. That's not going to happen...Lol Nobody else can really score. When he, Marchessault and Perron are your top scorers, you got real problems. They won't score near enough goals this season and if/when Fleury gets hurt, they are in real trouble. They just have a team full of largely underachieving players from last season.

Our scoring issues will pale in comparison to theirs.

Glad they only took PEB from us too. He is playing 9:59 per game for them, the 3rd lowest on their team. I mean, that transaction helped us, if anything.
I am so glad that PEB is gone he was so overrated by many on this board because of his ability to kill penalties,

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me, Still wondering what the Hell Laughten brings to the table? Maybe I'm missing something:noidea:
Compared to our 4th line last year he is a big upgrade. Pretty disappointed that a former 1st rounder for us is only a forth liner but hey what can you do. I dont know who we have in our system to replace him with so IMO he stays for now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate that we're going to be the last team in the east to play our home opener and second to last in the entire Nhl too. Yet another home opener tonight that we are the visitor for and it's the defending champs from out west. Boy, they certainly fucked us with this early schedule, but our team has handled it well so far.

What's also really strange is that we play only five division games between now and the end of the calendar year. Two of those are against the Islanders in a home and home. And so, I'll just wait until next year before deciding on getting tickets for games in Philly...Lol

We are however soon rewarded with a nice five game home stand, but only the first one is against a rival.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like same lineup tonight. Sanheim is paired with Gudas.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to our 4th line last year he is a big upgrade. Pretty disappointed that a former 1st rounder for us is only a forth liner but hey what can you do. I dont know who we have in our system to replace him with so IMO he stays for now.
Works for me, I just rarely see him on the score sheet and now know why lol. Yea that is a huge disappointment for a 1st rounder but unfortunately they don't all pan out,

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the resiliency of this squad? Unreal stuff. I still think we've outplayed the Preds for most of this game, just only got rewarded for it recently.

I'm pretty sure I just heard Jim Jackson utter two phrases I never expected to hear from him ever again.

"Nice play there by Dale Weise." and "Great play there by Dale Weise."

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Konecny with the breakaway goal for the 4-3 lead after trailing 0-3 against the defending western conference champions in there home opener. Putting it right where mama hides the cookies!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filppula cashes in again on the power play from Giroux, 5-3 Flyers midway through the third!!

Preds come right back to within one.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L oh fucking L

I think I will quit sports tonight. Flyers traveshamockery and perhaps the most embarrassing moment in American sports history on the soccer field.

Goooood night.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L oh fucking L

I think I will quit sports tonight. Flyers traveshamockery and perhaps the most embarrassing moment in American sports history on the soccer field.

Goooood night.

self inflicted penalty on a dumb challenge... pretty horrible way to go down.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm sorry, but that was some fucking bullshit last night and the Flyers had nothing to do with that loss. We outplayed that team in their own building and deserved nothing but two points.

We go over 57 minutes of game having only given them one power play and then the referees suddenly call two penalties on us during one brief shift. The infraction against Weise was a fucking joke and the one against MacDonald was weak at best. To call both of them at the same time in the middle of a 5-4 game with less than three minutes left is absolutely unacceptable. That cannot happen.

Allowing a team to have a 6 on 3 with their goalie pulled when literally nothing serious on the ice happened is a fucking joke. You could easily argue that Weise was interfered with on that call and yet it somehow went the other way. You can't call MacDonald at the end either. It's just an unwritten rule. You can't give a team a two man advantage in a tight game late.

These two penalties should've been extremely egregious to be called at the same time and neither of them was. They were in fact very much borderline calls, especially the one on Weise.

I'm treating that like a win last night, because we straight-up got fucking robbed of it by the referees. There's literally no other way for me to call this.

It's alright, our boys will get past this, but we're going to beat the shit out of Nashville on the 19th in our building to let everyone know this was an absolute gift and fluke.

Last edited: