• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm sorry, but that was some fucking bullshit last night and the Flyers had nothing to do with that loss. We outplayed that team in their own building and deserved nothing but two points.

We go over 57 minutes of game having only given them one power play and then the referees suddenly call two penalties on us during one brief shift. The infraction against Weise was a fucking joke and the one against MacDonald was weak at best. To call both of them at the same time in the middle of a 5-4 game with less than three minutes left is absolutely unacceptable. That cannot happen.

Allowing a team to have a 6 on 3 with their goalie pulled when literally nothing serious on the ice happened is a fucking joke. You could easily argue that Weise was interfered with on that call and yet it somehow went the other way. You can't call MacDonald at the end either. It's just an unwritten rule. You can't give a team a two man advantage in a tight game late.

These two penalties should've been extremely egregious to be called at the same time and neither of them was. They were in fact very much borderline calls, especially the one on Weise.

I'm treating that like a win last night, because we straight-up got fucking robbed of it by the referees. There's literally no other way for me to call this.

It's alright, our boys will get past this, but we're going to beat the shit out of Nashville on the 19th in our building to let everyone know this was an absolute gift and fluke.

TOTAL FUCKING BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the AMac penalty, on it's own, has to be called. He left his stick out there and a player tripped over it. However, the Weise penalty was garbage to me. If the NHL wanted to get serious about letting the game flow, that's interference on the Predators guy every time. Calling that penalty, at that stage, is garbage. To the 5 on 3 point, I don't think they call that Weise penalty if the AMac penalty had come first. Unfortunate circumstance that the (IMO) black and white call was the second call.

That being said, what on earth is Hakstol doing challenging that goal. That was asinine. The only reason I can think of to do that is that he forgot it was a 2 minute penalty to get it wrong. If that was the game winner, sure challenge it. If that would have put them down 5 on 4, sure challenge it. But to do it and risk a 5 on 3 with 90 seconds left is insane. Hartnell would've had to be in the crease before the puck entered for me to challenge that. Take the goal against, salvage a point (well earned after being down 3-0), and take your chances in OT/SO. There is no justifying that decision from Hakstol. None. That was terrible.

Konecny's goal was disgusting.

Elliot sucked.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the AMac penalty, on it's own, has to be called. He left his stick out there and a player tripped over it. However, the Weise penalty was garbage to me. If the NHL wanted to get serious about letting the game flow, that's interference on the Predators guy every time. Calling that penalty, at that stage, is garbage. To the 5 on 3 point, I don't think they call that Weise penalty if the AMac penalty had come first. Unfortunate circumstance that the (IMO) black and white call was the second call.

That being said, what on earth is Hakstol doing challenging that goal. That was asinine. The only reason I can think of to do that is that he forgot it was a 2 minute penalty to get it wrong. If that was the game winner, sure challenge it. If that would have put them down 5 on 4, sure challenge it. But to do it and risk a 5 on 3 with 90 seconds left is insane. Hartnell would've had to be in the crease before the puck entered for me to challenge that. Take the goal against, salvage a point (well earned after being down 3-0), and take your chances in OT/SO. There is no justifying that decision from Hakstol. None. That was terrible.

Elliot sucked.
TOTAL FUCKING BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elliot sucked.

Hey, I'm fine with the MacDonald penalty being called, even though I consider it weak, but it never even happens without the dreadful call on Weise first.

Like you say, that was Weise (without the puck) trying to forecheck in the offensive zone and two of their players collided with him. How in the fuck does he get called for a penalty there!?!? He was doing absolutely nothing wrong and in fact was doing exactly what he should've been doing and was having a pretty decent game too.

Elliott definitely made a mistake on the second goal against, popping the rebound right out to Hartnell and he was down early a little too often, but that's besides the point here. Why? Because we were up 5-4 and in still in position to win this game very late when all of this shit went down and the refs gave it all away.

I'm sorry, but a 6 on 3 man advantage is like giving a team an automatic goal and even if we manage to get a clear, we aren't scoring on that empty net. We did manage to somehow kill over 1:20 of those penalties, but the full two minutes is really tough when they have you pinned and you can't change.

I'm upset mostly because it looked like Weise drew a penalty and they called it the other way. If we get that power play, it's virtually game over. Instead, they get a ridiculous advantage that they did not deserve.

Basically, I think the fucking refs were just trying to even up the calls at the very end. Why exactly? If one team is drawing more penalties, maybe they are just playing smarter and faster hockey. I think we mostly were.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever had AMac scoring first last night go directly to play lotto.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever had AMac scoring first last night go directly to play lotto.

That's the big thing I try to take away from last night's game. For 57 minutes there was a lot to be happy about. good resiliency coming back from 3-0 down. MacDonald playing well, even potting a goal. Filpula scoring 2 PP goals. Konecny and Patrick finally get well deserved goals. Weise playing extremely well.

If not for a catastrophic 2:41, that's a real building block W.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the big thing I try to take away from last night's game. For 57 minutes there was a lot to be happy about. good resiliency coming back from 3-0 down. MacDonald playing well, even potting a goal. Filpula scoring 2 PP goals. Konecny and Patrick finally get well deserved goals. Weise playing extremely well.

i am in 100% agreement with this

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, but that ending was not at all our own doing, in my opinion. A few more games like this one and we'll all renounce hockey and take up cricket...Lol

It's just so incredibly frustrating to scratch and claw our way back, scoring five unanswered goals only for it all to be wiped away by a terrible snap decision by a couple of refs.

I'm not even looking at the challenge by Hakstol because the 6 on 3 never should've even happened. We were in trouble once in got there.

You could obviously tell the players were pretty pissed off too. I saw it with Giroux and Couturier especially.

Yes, it's a lot to build on, but that should've been two points against the defending champs out west in their home opener. The right guys are scoring the goals now though, without question.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really say too much but I really hate when officiating helps determine an outcome. Loved the heart we showed though.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should make the team hungrier. That might be worth more than the points.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morin sent down, pretty much as expected based on the first few games.

Meltzer on twitter preaching that Morin only plays the left side and with Provorov and Ghost locked in to two of those, the competition was Sanheim or Morin for the 3rd pair LD spot. Sanheim won it. AMac, Hagg, and Gudas not really part of the competition since they play the right side.

Still though, Sanheim and Morin played together a good bit last year, so Sanheim must have played some RD. I guess they want to keep Sanheim on his natural side for now so there's one less obstacle for a rookie learning the NHL ropes.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really say too much but I really hate when officiating helps determine an outcome. Loved the heart we showed though.
It would be nice if they officiated a game without ruining the outcome. That was just terrible.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morin sent down, pretty much as expected based on the first few games.

Meltzer on twitter preaching that Morin only plays the left side and with Provorov and Ghost locked in to two of those, the competition was Sanheim or Morin for the 3rd pair LD spot. Sanheim won it. AMac, Hagg, and Gudas not really part of the competition since they play the right side.

Still though, Sanheim and Morin played together a good bit last year, so Sanheim must have played some RD. I guess they want to keep Sanheim on his natural side for now so there's one less obstacle for a rookie learning the NHL ropes.
Morin was the odd man out. He should go down get some seasoning and be ready when called upon.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm sorry, but that was some fucking bullshit last night and the Flyers had nothing to do with that loss. We outplayed that team in their own building and deserved nothing but two points.

We go over 57 minutes of game having only given them one power play and then the referees suddenly call two penalties on us during one brief shift. The infraction against Weise was a fucking joke and the one against MacDonald was weak at best. To call both of them at the same time in the middle of a 5-4 game with less than three minutes left is absolutely unacceptable. That cannot happen.

Allowing a team to have a 6 on 3 with their goalie pulled when literally nothing serious on the ice happened is a fucking joke. You could easily argue that Weise was interfered with on that call and yet it somehow went the other way. You can't call MacDonald at the end either. It's just an unwritten rule. You can't give a team a two man advantage in a tight game late.

These two penalties should've been extremely egregious to be called at the same time and neither of them was. They were in fact very much borderline calls, especially the one on Weise.

I'm treating that like a win last night, because we straight-up got fucking robbed of it by the referees. There's literally no other way for me to call this.

It's alright, our boys will get past this, but we're going to beat the shit out of Nashville on the 19th in our building to let everyone know this was an absolute gift and fluke.

that was to tie the game. The gift was the failed challenge to go back to 5 on 3. That is not on the refs.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was to tie the game. The gift was the failed challenge to go back to 5 on 3. That is not on the refs.

That never happens if two minor penalties aren't issued on the same shift, the first of which was absolutely the wrong call. Weise drew an interference call on that play, if anything.

The game never should've been tied. Let Nashville try to do it on their own merit instead of giving them an opportunity at an easy 6 on 3, which is not even fair.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if they officiated a game without ruining the outcome. That was just terrible.

I had to watch that shit seconds before driving into work too. Made me late and everything. Straight bullshit.

That's a 5-4 Flyers win still in my eyes. Nothing we did or didn't do to give up that lead, just poor officiating.

If they get a legit late power play and score on it to make is 5 all and take us to OT, so be it, but this was so appalling that it wreaks of being rigged.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That never happens if two minor penalties aren't issued on the same shift, the first of which was absolutely the wrong call. Weise drew an interference call on that play, if anything.

The game never should've been tied. Let Nashville try to do it on their own merit instead of giving them an opportunity at an easy 6 on 3, which is not even fair.

agreed... but creating a 3rd penalty was completely self-inflicted.

Maybe we lose anyway, but you can't risk another 5 on 3 unless it is blatantly obvious.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed... but creating a 3rd penalty was completely self-inflicted.

Maybe we lose anyway, but you can't risk another 5 on 3 unless it is blatantly obvious.

At that point, I don't blame Hakstol for just taking that chance. They had all of the momentum anyway, some manufactured on their own, but a large portion of it just given to them by the referees.

If the refs were dumb enough to call those penalties on us, maybe they were dumb enough to overturn the goal for offsides. If they were smart enough to realize their mistake, maybe they would overturn it if given the chance.

If Hakstol was irate and not thinking clearly on the challenge, I understand that too. Either way, why do we even have timeouts in the game anymore when we can't even use them whenever we want? It's a terrible fucking rule.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Nhl management is a little too concerned with trying to increase goal scoring and less concerned with actually calling the game fairly. That's the main point here in the grand scheme of things.

Most of us longtime, loyal fans probably could care less how many goals are being scored, myself included. We just want the refs to be invisible, not be the story of the whole fucking game.

We were in control of that game, ahead 5-4 with only 2:42 left and then all hell broke loose for no reason at all. Weise gets dumped by two defenders in the offensive zone while chasing a puck and they call a phantom penalty on him.

Last edited: