• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Seahawks I

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gameplan on offense tonight was the beginning of the end. It was clear that both Staley and Glinch were rusty as hell, and Shanahan still sent Garoppolo on straight dropbacks. No boots...no misdirection, when guys like Clowney were just teeing off? Didn't understand that at all. When Sanders went out, I went from having confidence about a win to having complete doubt - and my realizations came true. This wide receiving corps is bottom 5...easily. Garoppolo had a sub-par game, as did the running game, but it's hard to carry the load with everything against them.

Defense came to play - they did their job. It seemed like only a matter of time when Wilson could finally cash in, but he wasn't overly impressive last night either. E-Mann had a solid day, and should get major consideration in keeping him on the field. Just got to hope that the injuries to Kittle and Sanders are 'minor' because I have zero trust in basically everybody else, although I can give Deebo a bit of a pass. (still wonder if he'd catch it or not)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think so? Just a devastating loss. To lose a game that the opposition tried to hand you and you had it won is just too much. They can still make the playoffs as a wild card if they can beat the Cardinals and win one of the 3 big ones against the Packers, Saints and Ravens.
Garoppolo was absolutely horrendous and scared in the pocket again. Seattle must have dropped three INTs right in their hands plus the one that got called back due to a defensive holding call away from the ball.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gameplan on offense tonight was the beginning of the end. It was clear that both Staley and Glinch were rusty as hell, and Shanahan still sent Garoppolo on straight dropbacks. No boots...no misdirection, when guys like Clowney were just teeing off? Didn't understand that at all. When Sanders went out, I went from having confidence about a win to having complete doubt - and my realizations came true. This wide receiving corps is bottom 5...easily. Garoppolo had a sub-par game, as did the running game, but it's hard to carry the load with everything against them.

Defense came to play - they did their job. It seemed like only a matter of time when Wilson could finally cash in, but he wasn't overly impressive last night either. E-Mann had a solid day, and should get major consideration in keeping him on the field. Just got to hope that the injuries to Kittle and Sanders are 'minor' because I have zero trust in basically everybody else, although I can give Deebo a bit of a pass. (still wonder if he'd catch it or not)
Agreed. Staley looked like an old man out there constantly whiffing on Clowney.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just make a FG :gaah:

On the bright side it took that type of effort out of Seattle to beat us when we were down our top 2 receiving options, best linebacker and all-pro FG kicker. Reality of the game is more so that injuries finally caught up to the 49ers and even then we still should have won the game.

Don't forget the two tackles were coming back from a month to two month layoffs nd should get.sharper as the season goes on.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a bad feeling when Sanders went out without Kittle out there last night. You are right. Other than Samuel, no other WR did a darn thing to help out the team. On that Wilson TD to that no name tight end, that pass was off target and the guy made a one handed grab to haul it in. None of the WRs last night did a thing to help out. None of the receivers could make a catch on anything that wasn't perfectly thrown to them.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with much of what has been written.
Despite all that it came down to their kicker making the kick in OT to win the game
Our guy missed and theirs didn't
Oh well...On to Arizona

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a bad feeling when Sanders went out without Kittle out there last night. You are right. Other than Samuel, no other WR did a darn thing to help out the team. On that Wilson TD to that no name tight end, that pass was off target and the guy made a one handed grab to haul it in. None of the WRs last night did a thing to help out. None of the receivers could make a catch on anything that wasn't perfectly thrown to them.

It's somewhat hilarious when I think that it's really the norm for Wilson - I have seen literally dozens of receivers making ridiculous catches for the guy over the years. I don't expect that for SF and Garoppolo....hell...as I've said before, I just want the guys to catch passes that they are supposed to catch.

Just a play or two before that one hander for the Seattle TD was the Bourne tipped pass for an int that set up the TD, I believe. The pass wasn't perfect, but everybody who calls themselves an NFL receiver has to make that catch. Reminded me of the bomb that went right through Kittles hands last year at Minnesota (which might've went for a TD) and on the very next play, Bourne ran the wrong route, slipped and fell on it anyways, and Mike Hughes returned it for a pick 6.

Whats more infuriating is that I see them dancing and doing their high-fiving celebrations before games and I think....'shouldn't you spend less time on that shit and more on the jugs gun and whatever?' From all the reports, and just going by memory, I've seen anywhere from 5 to 9 drops yesterday. That's inexcusable, and unless there is a drastic turnaround in the remainder of the year, I am hoping for a dramatic shift in the receiver corps next year.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a heck of a game last night.

If you guys want to take some good news out that game, or at least a compliment from a Seahawk fan, that Samuel kid looked great last night. Its the first time I've got to watch him play and he looked really good. He's just a rookie too, right?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a heck of a game last night.

If you guys want to take some good news out that game, or at least a compliment from a Seahawk fan, that Samuel kid looked great last night. Its the first time I've got to watch him play and he looked really good. He's just a rookie too, right?

A great game. When Sanders went down I was really worried since Kittle was not playing. Samuel is a rookie and is promising. The other WRs dropped too many easy passes and couldn't catch anything that was not thrown in the easiest spots. There will be some house cleaning at WR this offseason.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's somewhat hilarious when I think that it's really the norm for Wilson - I have seen literally dozens of receivers making ridiculous catches for the guy over the years. I don't expect that for SF and Garoppolo....hell...as I've said before, I just want the guys to catch passes that they are supposed to catch.

Just a play or two before that one hander for the Seattle TD was the Bourne tipped pass for an int that set up the TD, I believe. The pass wasn't perfect, but everybody who calls themselves an NFL receiver has to make that catch. Reminded me of the bomb that went right through Kittles hands last year at Minnesota (which might've went for a TD) and on the very next play, Bourne ran the wrong route, slipped and fell on it anyways, and Mike Hughes returned it for a pick 6.

Whats more infuriating is that I see them dancing and doing their high-fiving celebrations before games and I think....'shouldn't you spend less time on that shit and more on the jugs gun and whatever?' From all the reports, and just going by memory, I've seen anywhere from 5 to 9 drops yesterday. That's inexcusable, and unless there is a drastic turnaround in the remainder of the year, I am hoping for a dramatic shift in the receiver corps next year.

What happened to Goodwin? He has been mostly MIA this season. Bourne has nice size but far too inconsistent with his hands. I suspect this offseason we will see some people being let go. I was critical of the Hurd draft pick when they made it but if he ends up being any good I will end up being wrong on that one because it just seems others are just not stepping up. I was a chance for Pettis to step up but where was he?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to some of the Sports Talk stuff today and it's amazing how much a missed FG changes the story. Everyone is praising Russel Wilson today for handing us our first loss and how it's his defining MVP performance, and yet if we made that FG it would have been Wilson who threw the Int in OT that cost Seattle the game.

I don't think Russel Wilson really did much to deserve all the praise he's getting for beating us. Clowney deserves the praise as he just destroyed our offensive line. Wilson gave up the sack, fumble, TD that put us back in the game and then threw that Int that should have ended the game. He didn't so much win it as much as he survived it. If we make that FG would everyone be talking about it being the defining moment of Jimmy G's career for leading us down the field in OT? I doubt it and yet his numbers on the night were very similar to Wilson. They both played pretty bad and made costly mistakes that effected their teams chances to win.

The story of the game should be that injuries finally caught up to the 49ers. Clowney dominated our offensive line. Defensive domination by both teams, and would Robbie Gould have won the game?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to some of the Sports Talk stuff today and it's amazing how much a missed FG changes the story. Everyone is praising Russel Wilson today for handing us our first loss and how it's his defining MVP performance, and yet if we made that FG it would have been Wilson who threw the Int in OT that cost Seattle the game.

I don't think Russel Wilson really did much to deserve all the praise he's getting for beating us. Clowney deserves the praise as he just destroyed our offensive line. Wilson gave up the sack, fumble, TD that put us back in the game and then threw that Int that should have ended the game. He didn't so much win it as much as he survived it. If we make that FG would everyone be talking about it being the defining moment of Jimmy G's career for leading us down the field in OT? I doubt it and yet his numbers on the night were very similar to Wilson. They both played pretty bad and made costly mistakes that effected their teams chances to win.

The story of the game should be that injuries finally caught up to the 49ers. Clowney dominated our offensive line. Defensive domination by both teams, and would Robbie Gould have won the game?

It wasn't Wilson that was the difference maker last night. Not sure about Gould. He has been erratic this season. I don't think he made any long field goals this year. He wouldn't have froze in that situation but not a slam dunk either.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Goodwin? He has been mostly MIA this season. Bourne has nice size but far too inconsistent with his hands. I suspect this offseason we will see some people being let go. I was critical of the Hurd draft pick when they made it but if he ends up being any good I will end up being wrong on that one because it just seems others are just not stepping up. I was a chance for Pettis to step up but where was he?

I think the drafting of Hurd and Samuel, plus the trade for Sanders, has given a glimpse into Shanahan's mindset when it comes to the guys who were already on the roster....at least I hope so. Those 'vets' weren't good, and they've done nothing to show they've improved. Goodwin is really just a speedster whose only benefits is drawing coverage deep to open up the underside. Pettis is as soft as baby shit, and Bourne....well you get what you get last night with him.

Sanders stepped in and showed right from jump that he's the best WR on the team. We saw how night and day the pass offense was last night without Kittle from the start, and then Sanders' exit. Samuel struggled some last night as well (at least 2 drops I believe) but he's shown that he might have a future. I certainly am willing to give him more of a chance than the first three.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with much of what has been written.
Despite all that it came down to their kicker making the kick in OT to win the game
Our guy missed and theirs didn't
Oh well...On to Arizona

Yes, on to Arizona and don't let this lost get in the way. Can't let this lost cause another one against a West foe.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the drafting of Hurd and Samuel, plus the trade for Sanders, has given a glimpse into Shanahan's mindset when it comes to the guys who were already on the roster....at least I hope so. Those 'vets' weren't good, and they've done nothing to show they've improved. Goodwin is really just a speedster whose only benefits is drawing coverage deep to open up the underside. Pettis is as soft as baby shit, and Bourne....well you get what you get last night with him.

Sanders stepped in and showed right from jump that he's the best WR on the team. We saw how night and day the pass offense was last night without Kittle from the start, and then Sanders' exit. Samuel struggled some last night as well (at least 2 drops I believe) but he's shown that he might have a future. I certainly am willing to give him more of a chance than the first three.

Pretty bad when you're a WR but can't catch the ball?! Deebo can't be effective if he can't run routes AND catch the ball. ie we can't just use him for jet sweeps and WR screens.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news on Sanders as far as the injury front - day to day according to Shanahan and will be a game time decision. The way he left the field in pain...thought he really did major damage to the ribs.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe should have stayed in 2 and 3 TE sets entire game kept the pass rush down and hope the D can win it or keep it close. Similar to Baltimore or Cleveland..

Last edited:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty bad when you're a WR but can't catch the ball?! Deebo can't be effective if he can't run routes AND catch the ball. ie we can't just use him for jet sweeps and WR screens.

Besides Sanders, Deebo is the best WR SF has....no doubt. As I said...he had his share of headscratchers last night, but at least he contributed with about 100 or so yards. There is something there that may develop in the future. Bourne, Pettis, Goodwin....I see absolutely no growth with those guys. Taylor? We don't have an idea because he's always hurt.