• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs GB Game Day Thread: 4:25pm EST

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap should take a couple weeks off. Same with Vance McDonald.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pressured so often because he is way too slow to read and understand what a defense is doing. The good QBs are good enough to know where they are going pre-snap based on what the D is showing. Ours hasn't a clue pre-snap.
nope he has the least amount of time to get ridof the ball. go look it up. its not good

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope he has the least amount of time to get ridof the ball. go look it up. its not good
Nah, I'll go by what the experts see when they watch kaepernick. I trust their eyes.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's Seahawks offensive was ranked 19th by PFF. Another poster said that we're dead last so far this season.

So a subpar offensive line that went to the super bowl. Not good enough for you?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I'll go by what the experts see when they watch kaepernick. I trust their eyes.
yup mist agree with me its k. its easy to see. i guess u dont watch the games. again Kap is a problem. i dont want u to think im saying Kap isnt a problem.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup mist agree with me its k. its easy to see. i guess u dont watch the games. again Kap is a problem. i dont want u to think im saying Kap isnt a problem.

Whether it's Kap first to blame or the OL or the coacing staff, what does it matter? They all suck right now. As a fan, I don't really care what direction they turn to this year with regard to changes. If they want to start Gabbert, fine. If they want to axe Tomsula and the entire coaching staff, fine. If they want to elevate practice squad players over Devey and Pears, go ahead. Tanking might be the best approach right now, especially since everybody expected the Niners to be terrible this season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick's problems were addressed at length on KNBR by the QB experts. We discussed this earlier. We both heard the program. Your blind love for Kaepernick is making you look like a fool.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick's most glaring weakness is he was worth at least a 1st round pick 2 years ago, and now he's worth maybe a 5th to a desperate team that needs a backup. *nudge* come on Cowboys you know you want to do it.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree 100% with QB play. kap was one of the main reasons. just stop it. if u hate him thats fine but make yourself a joke with those comments. im on board replacing him but thise 2 years he played great in the playoffs just ask GB, Atlanta and raves.

our defense was one of the main reasons we won. kaep had a huge game against gb and played well against atlanta but lost against the ravens, in which i blame poor play calling there but you want to know why? Because defenses did not know how to handle him then due to lack of play tape, now they have studied him and have exposed his flaws. Kaep has not gotten better and if he had we wouldn't be having this discussion. He has regressed every year and it is time to move on.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap is terrible right now. I've never said otherwise. I haven't done the research to compare the offensive line grades of Seattle and San Francisco. Maybe you can present the grades. RW is a near great QB who is elusive. Kap is neither, so he will never be good behind a bad o-line.

The 49ers oline is ranked last in the NFL in pass blocking. RW is really elusive. I don't know another QB who can avoid pressure that way, few NFL QBs can.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson

RW is definitely and elusive QB. That is his big strength and I can only think of a couple QBs who are even that close to being that elusive. Most QBs cannot escape that kind of pressure.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pressured so often because he is way too slow to read and understand what a defense is doing. The good QBs are good enough to know where they are going pre-snap based on what the D is showing. Ours hasn't a clue pre-snap.

That is partially true but far from universal. Kap made a number of glaring mistakes today including being inaccurate. He is also looking tentative. His confidence has taken a beating. Still, on several key plays defenders came unblocked in a straight line toward Kap. There is nothing he could have done. One was a play where Clay Matthews came right through the middle of the line untouched for a sack. On the 4th and 5 play, another defender easily blew around the right side of the line for an easy sack. For all those people dumping on Purguy earlier, he is right for saying the oline issues need to be addressed. Anyone who thinks we can just draft some guy out of college and put him behind this shit line and somehow anything good is going to come out of this is crazy. Sure, RW is great at dodging bullets, good luck finding a QB who is that good at dodging bullets that way.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think all that time they put into developing Alex Smith and while he's not necessarily putting up better numbers than Kaep in Kansas City he's not any worst and seems to be a much better leader. We could have kept him likely on a cheaper contract and traded Kaep for a #1 pick that offseason. Talent doesn't mean that much at the NFL level where everyone is talented. You need smart players and leaders of which Kaepernick is neither.

You might as well say that we should've drafted Aaron Rodgers.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is partially true but far from universal. Kap made a number of glaring mistakes today including being inaccurate. He is also looking tentative. His confidence has taken a beating. Still, on several key plays defenders came unblocked in a straight line toward Kap. There is nothing he could have done. One was a play where Clay Matthews came right through the middle of the line untouched for a sack. On the 4th and 5 play, another defender easily blew around the right side of the line for an easy sack. For all those people dumping on Purguy earlier, he is right for saying the oline issues need to be addressed. Anyone who thinks we can just draft some guy out of college and put him behind this shit line and somehow anything good is going to come out of this is crazy. Sure, RW is great at dodging bullets, good luck finding a QB who is that good at dodging bullets that way.

That isn't what anyone is saying. We all agree that the o-line is terrible but when you have issues at qb like this you do not draft an o-lineman first. Purguy is suggesting we should address o-line before qb and that is absolutely ridiculous. Even if we draft goff in the first round i would advocate sitting him for a year due to him playing out of shotgun and not taking snaps from behind the center at cal. Purguy is also a Kaep apologist from my point of view because even when we had good o-line play i.e. 2013 season he was still staring down receivers, overthrowing/underthrowing wr's, and throwing footballs at the ground like a drone strike in syria.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't what anyone is saying. We all agree that the o-line is terrible but when you have issues at qb like this you do not draft an o-lineman first. Purguy is suggesting we should address o-line before qb and that is absolutely ridiculous. Even if we draft goff in the first round i would advocate sitting him for a year due to him playing out of shotgun and not taking snaps from behind the center at cal. Purguy is also a Kaep apologist from my point of view because even when we had good o-line play i.e. 2013 season he was still staring down receivers, overthrowing/underthrowing wr's, and throwing footballs at the ground like a drone strike in syria.

Kap played well in 2013.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap played well in 2013.

Kaep struggled in 2013 also. Let's not act like the problems he is having started last year. Was his supporting cast better yes, primarily the defense was better but he struggled last year as well. The only difference was the niners had a streak of games against subpar teams that they got to play.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think everyone is in agreement. I think there is a lot of people who think its either one or the other. Not just on this board. I see it on other boards also. Some want to excuse Kap for everything. But there are also people who want to downplay how bad this oline is and put it on Kap. I agree with much of what you say. Where/when we draft a QB and lineman depends on the talent that's available. At this point if there is a QB in draft available in the 1st round that could be a franchise QB, then take him. If your FO can judge talent, there are olineman available in 2nd and 3rd rounds.