• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs GB Game Day Thread: 4:25pm EST

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it's Kap first to blame or the OL or the coacing staff, what does it matter? They all suck right now. As a fan, I don't really care what direction they turn to this year with regard to changes. If they want to start Gabbert, fine. If they want to axe Tomsula and the entire coaching staff, fine. If they want to elevate practice squad players over Devey and Pears, go ahead. Tanking might be the best approach right now, especially since everybody expected the Niners to be terrible this season.
I agree its time for some change and the change has to happen now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick's problems were addressed at length on KNBR by the QB experts. We discussed this earlier. We both heard the program. Your blind love for Kaepernick is making you look like a fool.
How is Blind love when Im saying Im on board of replacing him and cutting him. LOL Its your hate that has you blind. Everyone in football knows your Oline is your Engine. If you have a bad Oline it doesn't matter who the QB is. I don't get how you don't understand that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't what anyone is saying. We all agree that the o-line is terrible but when you have issues at qb like this you do not draft an o-lineman first. Purguy is suggesting we should address o-line before qb and that is absolutely ridiculous. Even if we draft goff in the first round i would advocate sitting him for a year due to him playing out of shotgun and not taking snaps from behind the center at cal. Purguy is also a Kaep apologist from my point of view because even when we had good o-line play i.e. 2013 season he was still staring down receivers, overthrowing/underthrowing wr's, and throwing footballs at the ground like a drone strike in syria.
I never said draft Oline 1st Im just stating we need to fix the Oline first. What ever way that is the front office needs to decide that. None of these QBs in this draft will be special so why waste it on a QB. Only way I draft Oline with the 1st pick is if AD doesn't come back. I would then draft a QB in the 2nd rd.

People forget if we cut Kap we will have around 60 mill to spend. We can rebuild this team.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issue on the field is Kaep.

I agree that his offensive line isn't good, but he's making them look worse than they are. He has been sacked the 2nd most in the NFL so far. Many are the line's fault, and many are not.

I'm not talking about the kind of plays where a defender comes right in and he has no chance. Those are obviously not Kaep's fault. A few plays come to mind.

Yesterday, he had a decent pocket and he scrambled straight into a sack. Was that the line's fault? He has no pocket awareness whatsoever. Another sack came when the defense stacked the right side and showed blitz. Does Kaep even know what a hot route is? Apparently not. He stands there like a moron and takes the sack. Would Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning have taken that sack? No, because they aren't retarded. Yesterday, he had a pocket and had all day and STILL manages to throw an interception. Was that the line's fault? Going back to the Cardinals game, he gets pressure and decides to throw off his back foot for a pick-6. I don't care how bad the line is, don't fucking do that! What about the other 3 interceptions? All the line's fault, right? Give me a break. He's terrible.

Put Rivers or Ryan or Flacco or Dalton behind our line and you would see a drastic increase in the offense. I'm not saying Gabbert is the answer, but I'm pretty sure he can muster up more than 3 points on offense. Ridiculous.

Say your goodbyes to Kaepernick. That retarded piece of shit is not going to be on this team next year and I don't think any other organization is stupid enough to start him next year.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Blind love when Im saying Im on board of replacing him and cutting him. LOL Its your hate that has you blind. Everyone in football knows your Oline is your Engine. If you have a bad Oline it doesn't matter who the QB is. I don't get how you don't understand that.
Purguy you clearly don't know what you are talking about. So here you go
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some current numbers for those blaming the <a href="News about #49ers on Twitter">#49ers</a> offensive line for Colin Kaepernick&#39;s slumping. Judge for yourself. <a href="Charles Robinson on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/spsQgKRBtd</a></p>&mdash; Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) <a href="">October 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sakamoto: Why 49ers’ QB Colin Kaepernick Gets Unfair Blame For Offensive Woes

To say that this oline is not horrible is downrigght silly and Charles Robsinson is a tool. I am not hear to give Kaepernick a pass. He was awful the past couple of games. But the right side of the line is awful with three lineman who are among the worst in the NFL right now. PFF has this oline ranked dead last in the NFL in pass blocking efficiency. The article above has some of the stats but there are others out there also

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To say that this oline is not horrible is downrigght silly and Charles Robsinson is a tool. I am not hear to give Kaepernick a pass. He was awful the past couple of games. But the right side of the line is awful with three lineman who are among the worst in the NFL right now. PFF has this oline ranked dead last in the NFL in pass blocking efficiency. The article above has some of the stats but there are others out there also

Like i said earlier, we all agree that the o-line is terrible but Kaep is not helping them out at all.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i said earlier, we all agree that the o-line is terrible but Kaep is not helping them out at all.
I agree with that. Kap is really messed up right now. Not that there weren't issues before, but his confidence is shot and it shows in many ways

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy you clearly don't know what you are talking about. So here you go
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some current numbers for those blaming the <a href="News about #49ers on Twitter">#49ers</a> offensive line for Colin Kaepernick&#39;s slumping. Judge for yourself. <a href="Charles Robinson on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/spsQgKRBtd</a></p>&mdash; Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) <a href="">October 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
These fake stats that this guy made up. Every rank has this as the worst Oline. He has been pressure 50% of the time. last game was up to 65% of the time. Again im ok with moving on from Kap but to not put blame on the Oline is silly. When we had a good oline Kap was fine. He might just be a QB that needs a good Oline. Look at whats happening with Wilson and Luck. They cant do much with a bad oline. Oline is the most important thing on Offense then a QB. Perfect example The Jets are playing well with a good Oline and a good D with a back up QB.
U need an Oline then a QB and then weapons for the QB. Elite QBs make others better like Rogers and Brady.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That statement I agree with. Kap is not helping as all. He is running a little but overall has been bad. I agree with you. Im just saying no QB will help us right now unless we traded for Rogers or Brady and that's not happening.

I think most us agree its the Oline, Coaching and Kap on Offense we just have it in different order. No big deal.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kap needs a better than average oline. He doesn't have a quick release and takes longer to process than the better QBs. The 49ers had that line back in 2011 and 2012, and both Alex and Kap, along with a great supporting cast were able to make the playoffs. The 49ers went from All Pros 1st round picks on the line to having the worst guard in the league last year playing tackle and another team's throwaway guard. Add to that a Center who is just completely overmatched. He is actually now ranked worse than Pears and Devey.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to the tape of Greg Cosell with Tom Tolbert today on KNBR and then get back to me. He tells it exactly like it is.
I will not engage you again on this topic until I hear you have listened to that analysis of Cosell's. Its clear that you cannot speak rationally on the subject.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kap needs a better than average oline. He doesn't have a quick release and takes longer to process than the better QBs. The 49ers had that line back in 2011 and 2012, and both Alex and Kap, along with a great supporting cast were able to make the playoffs. The 49ers went from All Pros 1st round picks on the line to having the worst guard in the league last year playing tackle and another team's throwaway guard. Add to that a Center who is just completely overmatched. He is actually now ranked worse than Pears and Devey.
Additionally, you mitigate the problem of a bad O Line by the QB being able to see what the derfens is doing pre-snap and knowing where the holes will be. You throw to spots where you expect your receiver to be and you count on him to get there. kaepernick does not doany of this. He does no pre-snap analysis, he does not anticipate where a receiver will be and throw it early. He waits until he sees a guy is open before he thinks about throwing. Its not only to late because of the line but its too late because the D Backs know where you are going with the ball by then. Receivers stay open for a very small window in the NFL. Anticipation and pre snap reads are what its all about.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's been awful for about a season and a half now. Cosell said today that its at the point where you cannot put him out there any longer. He said kaepernick missed passes that should be completed 100% of the time and many times had chances to throw where he missed badly using skipped balls to Boldin and Smith as examples. He was astounded at the level of kaepernick's failure to execute even the most basic plays. It was brutal to listen to but it was 100% accurate. He said several times when Kaeprnick mad e a decent run, he missed wide open receivers on those plays.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap played well in 2013.
At times he did. That's what makes his complete collapse into the league's worst quarterback so stunning.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spot on. He doesn't have the quick release, and he also doesn't have the quickness in his first few steps to elude pass rushers. To me he looks like any big, lumbering QB when he's trying to escape a pass rusher. He needs a good o-line to have success. He's not good enough to succeed on a bad team.

Kap's not great and never will be. He is what he is. He's got a very strong arm and is a running threat, but he struggles with accuracy and going through progressions. The sad part of our current situation is that we can't even take much advantage of Kap's greatest talent, which is to throw the ball deep. We simply don't have enough time to execute deep passes.

In all likelihood, this is Kap's last year with us. I root for all of our players and I will continue to hold out hope that he can somehow turn things around, but it's hard to see how he can get better this season. If he's lucky enough to get an opportunity elsewhere, I wish him the best of luck except when/if he plays us.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers need more offensive weapons. The O'line needs to improve and they also need a real deep threat.
they did a good job on defense, holding an opposing team to 17 points will usually get you a victory.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers need more offensive weapons. The O'line needs to improve and they also need a real deep threat.
they did a good job on defense, holding an opposing team to 17 points will usually get you a victory.

Torrey Smith isn't a real deep threat?