• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs GB Game Day Thread: 4:25pm EST

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't seem like it yesterday

Ever see what he did in Baltimore? Maybe the fact that he didn't seem like it yesterday has more to do with the guy throwing him the ball.

We're not struggling on offense because of a lack of weapons.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever see what he did in Baltimore? Maybe the fact that he didn't seem like it yesterday has more to do with the guy throwing him the ball.

We're not struggling on offense because of a lack of weapons.
I disagree and so does most of the NFL

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree and so does most of the NFL

Not sure if you're trolling or just an idiot. Very few would say that our issue is a lack of weapons.

The biggest issues on this team for offense are the quarterback and the offensive line.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you're trolling or just an idiot. Very few would say that our issue is a lack of weapons.

The biggest issues on this team for offense are the quarterback and the offensive line.
I'm not an idiot like you and I'm not a troll. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Why don't you watch ESPN or some other major sports show, you'll see what they are saying about the 49ers offense

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers need more offensive weapons. The O'line needs to improve and they also need a real deep threat.
they did a good job on defense, holding an opposing team to 17 points will usually get you a victory.

LOL. The Niners need a lot of things.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me check on that....Yep T Smith picked up for the deep threat. He's on the list to get that done.

Maybe if we pick up another deep threat, that will solve all of our problems on offense. :rolleyes2:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me check on that....Yep T Smith picked up for the deep threat. He's on the list to get that done.

This will sound like a Kap excuse, but it's hard to use our deep threat much with our offensive line. Even a man as fast as Torrey Smith needs more than 1 second to get downfield. We're just screwed all around. Bad QB play and bad offensive line play has rendered Torrey Smith pretty much useless. All we can do is laugh and cry.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers need more offensive weapons. The O'line needs to improve and they also need a real deep threat.
they did a good job on defense, holding an opposing team to 17 points will usually get you a victory.

Weapons aren't the problem. Poor oline and QB play is the issue right now

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on. He doesn't have the quick release, and he also doesn't have the quickness in his first few steps to elude pass rushers. To me he looks like any big, lumbering QB when he's trying to escape a pass rusher. He needs a good o-line to have success. He's not good enough to succeed on a bad team.

Kap's not great and never will be. He is what he is. He's got a very strong arm and is a running threat, but he struggles with accuracy and going through progressions. The sad part of our current situation is that we can't even take much advantage of Kap's greatest talent, which is to throw the ball deep. We simply don't have enough time to execute deep passes.

In all likelihood, this is Kap's last year with us. I root for all of our players and I will continue to hold out hope that he can somehow turn things around, but it's hard to see how he can get better this season. If he's lucky enough to get an opportunity elsewhere, I wish him the best of luck except when/if he plays us.

It is in his head right now. He is tentative and hearing footsteps. You can't play that way. He should probably sit for awhile. He might have to come back after Gabbert gets decapitated.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not an idiot like you and I'm not a troll. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Why don't you watch ESPN or some other major sports show, you'll see what they are saying about the 49ers offense

No, you're an idiot. Here, let me show you what is being said on ESPN.

Should the 49ers bench Colin Kaepernick? - San Francisco 49ers Blog - ESPN

"The question does not come lightly, or does it necessarily mean that Gabbert is the answer. It's more along the lines of, the offense can't look much worse than it has under Kaepernick, who worked on his pocket passing skills this offseason with Kurt Warner but, behind an increasingly leaky offensive line, has no time to throw the ball downfield."

"Yes, Kaepernick was off target, a theme throughout the season, even if his completion percentage is actually up. He just looks shaky, rattled even."

There was no mention of the need for more weapons or a deep threat. Once again, the issue is not the weapons or the need for (another) deep threat. You don't know this team better than we do.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will sound like a Kap excuse, but it's hard to use our deep threat much with our offensive line. Even a man as fast as Torrey Smith needs more than 1 second to get downfield. We're just screwed all around. Bad QB play and bad offensive line play has rendered Torrey Smith pretty much useless. All we can do is laugh and cry.

Sure Kaep has been a shitty quarterback lately, but I can't help but wonder if the receivers have the time or the ability to run their routes and try to make a move to get open.

And I laugh. I've come to terms that our window closed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to the tape of Greg Cosell with Tom Tolbert today on KNBR and then get back to me. He tells it exactly like it is.
I will not engage you again on this topic until I hear you have listened to that analysis of Cosell's. Its clear that you cannot speak rationally on the subject.
Its clear you cant discuss this topic when almost the whole football world knows the Oline is the most important part and if you have the worst Oline your QB cant do anything. Look at Last night Wilson looked bad he got lucky at the end that the D saved him again. Seattle isn't going any where with that Oline.

Again Kap is an issue I don't disagree with you on that. Im trying to help you understand it doesn't matter who the QB is at this moment for the 49ers. A lot of Ex QBs are saying Kap is to blame but the Oline is not giving Kap a chance to succeed. Kap is also not helping the Oline out. It goes both ways I guess but Oline is your Engine.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're an idiot. Here, let me show you what is being said on ESPN.

Should the 49ers bench Colin Kaepernick? - San Francisco 49ers Blog - ESPN

"The question does not come lightly, or does it necessarily mean that Gabbert is the answer. It's more along the lines of, the offense can't look much worse than it has under Kaepernick, who worked on his pocket passing skills this offseason with Kurt Warner but, behind an increasingly leaky offensive line, has no time to throw the ball downfield."

"Yes, Kaepernick was off target, a theme throughout the season, even if his completion percentage is actually up. He just looks shaky, rattled even."

There was no mention of the need for more weapons or a deep threat. Once again, the issue is not the weapons or the need for (another) deep threat. You don't know this team better than we do.
No matter how you slice it bonehead, the 49ers have major offensive problems. There's a reason Kaeperdick can't get the ball to his wide receivers, they can't get open, that's why he targeted the tight end all game long. He needs better talent at the position, to say he doesn't is misguided and shows a lack of understanding about the game. But good luck

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how you slice it bonehead, the 49ers have major offensive problems. There's a reason Kaeperdick can't get the ball to his wide receivers, they can't get open, that's why he targeted the tight end all game long. He needs better talent at the position, to say he doesn't is misguided and shows a lack of understanding about the game. But good luck

While I quoted you above, my message is to everyone stop calling others names. Do these posts have to turn negative that way? We have differences of opinion, just disagree.

I don't think weapons are the issue. Our issues began with the oline. Our oline play has declined the past couple of years and it has gone to crap when the 49ers put the worst lineman possible on the right side. While Kap's had his issues before, he has just totally lost it now. He is no confidence and is second guessing himself back in the pocket. The QB issue isn't going to be fixed with Gabbert. There looks to be some shuffling coming to the oline soon. While the alternatives aren't good, it probably isn't going to get any worse than it is now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its clear you cant discuss this topic when almost the whole football world knows the Oline is the most important part and if you have the worst Oline your QB cant do anything. Look at Last night Wilson looked bad he got lucky at the end that the D saved him again. Seattle isn't going any where with that Oline.

Again Kap is an issue I don't disagree with you on that. Im trying to help you understand it doesn't matter who the QB is at this moment for the 49ers. A lot of Ex QBs are saying Kap is to blame but the Oline is not giving Kap a chance to succeed. Kap is also not helping the Oline out. It goes both ways I guess but Oline is your Engine.
As I said, I will not engage you on this topic again. You are either irrational or purposely obtuse. I don't deal with either type

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I will not engage you on this topic again. You are either irrational or purposely obtuse. I don't deal with either type
Me either and u proved that with your responses. At least im reasonable and agree Kap needs to get better or replaced.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh so now you're backing out of your claim about ESPN. Figures.

Now let me get this straight. You tell me that ESPN agrees with your opinion, and not with mine. Then I show you an article on ESPN that agrees with my opinion, and not with yours. And somehow, I'm the bonehead. What we're telling you agrees entirely with what ESPN is saying: the issue is with the quarterback and the offensive line, not his weapons.

Do you seriously think that you know this team better than we do? You don't. Go find me an article from ESPN that agrees with your position because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You're the one who sited ESPN, so show me. I'll be waiting.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so now you're backing out of your claim about ESPN. Figures.

Now let me get this straight. You tell me that ESPN agrees with your opinion, and not with mine. Then I show you an article on ESPN that agrees with my opinion, and not with yours. And somehow, I'm the bonehead. What we're telling you agrees entirely with what ESPN is saying: the issue is with the quarterback and the offensive line, not his weapons.

Do you seriously think that you know this team better than we do? You don't. Go find me an article from ESPN that agrees with your position because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You're the one who sited ESPN, so show me. I'll be waiting.
  • gutierrez_paul_m.jpg
    Paul Gutierrez, ESPN Staff Writer
The San Francisco 49ers invested a five-year, $40 million contract with $22 million guaranteed in receiver Torrey Smith this offseason to help improve the league’s 30th-ranked passing game and give quarterback Colin Kaepernick a bona fide deep threat.

The payoff through the first quarter of the season? Smith has caught nine passes for 185 yards, with two plays accounting for 122 of those yards, and one touchdown. Over a 16-game season, that projects to 36 receptions for 740 yards and four scores.

Is that worth $22 million guaranteed, the largest free-agent contract doled out by general manager Trent Baalke?

That's one article. I didn't just mention ESPN I also said other sports sites. You can look them up. I'm not going to do it for you. I also listened to some commentary on NFL Network right after the game. Those videos are not available, you just had to be watching at the right time. There are plenty of pundits who view the Talent at WR for the 49ers as weak. Now, stop being a dick and deal with the reality.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I quoted you above, my message is to everyone stop calling others names. Do these posts have to turn negative that way? We have differences of opinion, just disagree.

I don't think weapons are the issue. Our issues began with the oline. Our oline play has declined the past couple of years and it has gone to crap when the 49ers put the worst lineman possible on the right side. While Kap's had his issues before, he has just totally lost it now. He is no confidence and is second guessing himself back in the pocket. The QB issue isn't going to be fixed with Gabbert. There looks to be some shuffling coming to the oline soon. While the alternatives aren't good, it probably isn't going to get any worse than it is now.

Yes to the bolded. Please everyone try to keep it civil.