• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs GB Game Day Thread: 4:25pm EST

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes to the bolded. Please everyone try to keep it civil.
I WAS being civil. Xpon was the first to be uncivil when he called me an idiot. I came here, made a statement about the offense but also gave the 49ers props for playing a damn good defensive game. Anyone who holds Rodgers and Co. to 17 points has done a good job. I rarely call people names but if someone calls me an idiot I will go off and call you every name in the book. It's HIS fault there's been name calling here. Just want to clear that up. Carry on

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The San Francisco 49ers invested a five-year, $40 million contract with $22 million guaranteed in receiver Torrey Smith this offseason to help improve the league’s 30th-ranked passing game and give quarterback Colin Kaepernick a bona fide deep threat.

The payoff through the first quarter of the season? Smith has caught nine passes for 185 yards, with two plays accounting for 122 of those yards, and one touchdown. Over a 16-game season, that projects to 36 receptions for 740 yards and four scores.

Is that worth $22 million guaranteed, the largest free-agent contract doled out by general manager Trent Baalke?

That's one article. I didn't just mention ESPN I also said other sports sites. You can look them up. I'm not going to do it for you. I also listened to some commentary on NFL Network right after the game. Those videos are not available, you just had to be watching at the right time. There are plenty of pundits who view the Talent at WR for the 49ers as weak. Now, stop being a dick and deal with the reality.

And you're somehow interpreting this to say that we need more weapons? Because it's not saying that anywhere. It's also not saying that we need a real deep threat. It's saying that the deep threat we got isn't worth the money he's being paid.

Try again. Find me an article on ESPN that agrees with you.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boldin is almost done. I been watching him and he cant get open any more. I think T. Smith is doing an ok job and I really like Ellington if he can stay healthy.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boldin is almost done. I been watching him and he cant get open any more. I think T. Smith is doing an ok job and I really like Ellington if he can stay healthy.

Kap clearly underthrew the ball that got intercepted, but his decision to even throw it to Boldin was a terrible one because Boldin wasn't going to get any separation from the DB covering him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgore is practicing with Kap so that is a good sign.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap clearly underthrew the ball that got intercepted, but his decision to even throw it to Boldin was a terrible one because Boldin wasn't going to get any separation from the DB covering him.

If it was the one pass I was thinking of, it was a deep pass. Boldin kept putting his hand up to get him the ball. Was a bad throw. Boldin hasn't really been good at those routes in a couple of years. He isn't going to beat anyone running down the field. He is good as a slot receiver finding holes underneath

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was the one pass I was thinking of, it was a deep pass. Boldin kept putting his hand up to get him the ball. Was a bad throw. Boldin hasn't really been good at those routes in a couple of years. He isn't going to beat anyone running down the field. He is good as a slot receiver finding holes underneath

Yeah, we're thinking of the same play. Do you think the play could've worked if Kap threw the deep ball earlier? I don't think it would've worked anyway because of Boldin's lack of speed. Many LB's run faster downfield than Boldin. You're right. Boldin's good underneath. He still does have lateral quickness

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we're thinking of the same play. Do you think the play could've worked if Kap threw the deep ball earlier? I don't think it would've worked anyway because of Boldin's lack of speed. Many LB's run faster downfield than Boldin. You're right. Boldin's good underneath. He still does have lateral quickness
No. I don't think it would have worked. I think the defensive player would have made a play on the ball. Receivers always think their open.