• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers @ Cowboys

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Team has many warts. I fear we will make big mistakes in free agency. I already hear fans wanting Gregory who has not played enough to warrant a big contract and who continues to have a penchant for making bone headed plays in big games and highlight plays in games where the game is out of hand. 55 likely earned a bigger check with his performance on Sunday. He played really well. We ended up paying Dak and Zeke and since Zekes second contract and Dak’s contract, they did not deliver when it counted. Dak needs a lot to win and his salary demands that he do more but here we are…..

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite quotes:
"If you keep on doing what you've always done,
You will keep on getting what you've always got."

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally is likely by far the worst clock management coach in the league. It's week after week after week. HC needs to make those 4 or 5 big decisions a game to win, He makes the big mistake to lose or make winning tougher. Ignoring the obvious play at the end of the game which may go down as one of the dumbest play calls ever, I don't even understand the idea of that stupid set up after the fake punt. Why would you even try to get SF to waste a TO like he said? They were winning. They don't need their TOs they need the clock to run and instead we wasted the entire play clock on that stupid play when the clock was our biggest enemy. In what world does a HC see that as the smart play?
Shanahan had to be thinking "Look at this dumb fuck lmao".
That's my whole point on McCarthy. What exactly does he do? Moore runs the offense and Quinn the defense. The whole reason he isn't calling plays is supposed to be so he can manage the game and make those 5-6 big calls you speak of, and he blows it time after time. His clock management is a joke. He needs to go today. At least with Quinn, you have a leader of men. There are other guys around the league that could bring that as well, but for us to go anywhere, someone has to fix the QB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn will go to Denver and Somebody will bite on Kellen even though he is not ready IMO
I agree on Moore. I'm not even sure if I'll be upset if he goes at this point. I really, really like his potential, but the cart got way ahead of the horse IMO. I hope he stays, but if he goes it won't be a crushing loss. Admittedly there is nothing easier than to second guess play calling from your couch IMO (obviously not every play that doesn't work is a bad play call and execution is even more important) and that makes OC one of the toughest jobs around, but the last half of the year he just hasn't been good. Did Dak miss a lot of open guys? Yeah, but when teams started to try and confuse him the last half of the year, every play we should be running constant motion to help Dak figure out what they are doing.

The OL wasn't great, but there was plenty of time to get the ball out on a bunch of pass plays that hurt us. A lot of this is on Dak not making the quick read or trying to make something happen, but how about some coaching too and a constant conversation during the game reminding him. Where are the quick slants and the crossing patterns to help a struggling QB? There was so much to the outside moving away from him and that doesn't seem to be what Dak is best at throwing all the way across the field. Where were the shots down the field except for desperation ones? Why all of these screens and especially the ones where Zeke is on the move away from him and towards the sideline this year? Those are hard to complete and with a RB without a lot of burst the upside doesn't seem to match the risk. Why wasn't Pollard used more? I'll say this again. You don't need to be an NFL coach to see how different he was in his couple of touches yesterday and all year. He is a great change of pace guy. Snaps should have been split more evenly with of course an edge to Zeke when we need him in pass protection. Why not spread out the defense in the run game since we couldn't get much push in the middle but kept running into brick walls and repeated this many times this year. Run out of 4 wide sets with Pollard when it's more spread out. Where was McGovern yesterday in the backfield on those plays that you did want to try to establish the run up the gut? Where were the sweeps to Lamb when the middle was clogged? Lamb seemed to not play well, but find a way to get him the ball. It's easy to call plays when you are beating up on bad teams like WFT and Philly and putting up 50. When we are behind we don't play like we are until there are about 10 minutes left.

The execution by the players was bad no doubt, but I didn't see too much to try and correct that. I do love the laterals and would have even been fine running another on that play with 14 seconds left if they were so worried about not being able to complete a pass and get out of bounds but wanted another 10 yards. Hit a guy on the hash marks because you know the defender will be behind him and give it up and bring another guy across for the pitch and run out of bounds. Maybe even turn it up the sideline if it is open. There is some risk obviously, but less risk than with a QB sneak. Heck, I was surprised SF let Dak up so easy instead of laying on him for a second or two to kill clock

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My venting is done. I thought before the game that this was a 50/50 game so I don't see it as a choke as much as I see it as a poor performance. SF isn't much more than an average team but neither are we. While our play and mistakes were frustrating they weren't unexpected based on what this team has done. It was obvious early on we were in trouble and while I like that we fought and came back, we really weren't even playing well while coming back. If we played well we would have won. I go back to looking at the season as a whole and think this was a season to show progress not to win a SB and we did that. The problem is it was the same old same old. We had an opponent we could beat if we just executed and we didn't. Offense didn't play well in a big spot and defense couldn't stop the run and defense couldn't cover on 3rd downs. Our biggest stars didn't step up and put the team on their back and win us a game when we needed them to.

Is there a reason we should expect next year to be different if we don't do something to try and make it that way? Sure we will be a huge favorite in the NFCE and probably win it by a couple of games, but is that more because the other 3 teams are horrible and have crap QB play or because we are good?

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF isn't much more than an average team
Let’s see the Niners beat the AFC North Champ, beat the NFC West champ twice, beat the NFC East Champ. Played both #1 seeds to the wire. Avg teams don’t do that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s see the Niners beat the AFC North Champ, beat the NFC West champ twice, beat the NFC East Champ. Played both #1 seeds to the wire. Avg teams don’t do that.
I think the Niner's are going to the Super Bowl. They are playing well. I think Dallas would have been even money with TB or GB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's no secret," Martin said. "We need to get better. We got smacked in the mouth early today and credit to our guys for coming back and fighting through and making it a game. We need to get better."

This was also a focus point all week and it still happened. Love Martin, but he didn't pick up Boza's stunt first or second drive that allowed a sack.

Not one lineman had a good game IMO.
Not one dline guy came to play.

we can blame this on coaching but at some point, a player's pride has to kick in. We don't have that with this team. We don't have a fuck this, not on my watch player on this team. We have a shit load of it all pays the same. It fucked up LVE, it's getting the best of Lamb, and if he's not careful, it will get Parsons too.

Entitlement is Jerry Jones

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team has many warts. I fear we will make big mistakes in free agency. I already hear fans wanting Gregory who has not played enough to warrant a big contract and who continues to have a penchant for making bone headed plays in big games and highlight plays in games where the game is out of hand. 55 likely earned a bigger check with his performance on Sunday. He played really well. We ended up paying Dak and Zeke and since Zekes second contract and Dak’s contract, they did not deliver when it counted. Dak needs a lot to win and his salary demands that he do more but here we are…..
Dak is an average QB at best. The only place he is elite is in his own mind. He plays well against lesser teams IE WFC and late in games when the other team is in prevent. Was the loss yesterday all his fault, NO. Defense couldnt stop them at all. PENALTIES!!! Lack of discipline.
Way too much talent on this team to get beat like that. Frustrating.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.
"It's no secret," Martin said. "We need to get better. We got smacked in the mouth early today and credit to our guys for coming back and fighting through and making it a game. We need to get better."

This was also a focus point all week and it still happened. Love Martin, but he didn't pick up Boza's stunt first or second drive that allowed a sack.

Not one lineman had a good game IMO.
Not one dline guy came to play.

we can blame this on coaching but at some point, a player's pride has to kick in. We don't have that with this team. We don't have a fuck this, not on my watch player on this team. We have a shit load of it all pays the same. It fucked up LVE, it's getting the best of Lamb, and if he's not careful, it will get Parsons too.

Entitlement is Jerry Jones
I agree. They are bad for the team. The Jaylon mentality. How that defense came out to start the game, showed alot.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hit on a great talent in Parsons. Build a D around him. Let him do what he does best, go hit QB's. Get a big ugly DT to stuff the run. A thumper LB. Those aren't the most expensive adds in today's game. Get teams in 3rd and long and sic Micah on them

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. Sorry it happened, but glad you got through it. Diet change now also?

Yeah I changed my diet considerably to exclude mostly red meat and sodium and sodas and the alcohol. I try to consume fewer than 1800-2000mg sodium per day and I went from eating a steak 5-6 days a week, to eating about 1 per month. Mostly chicken and fish these days. I dropped about 25lbs pretty quick but I was never really more than 10-15 lbs overweight and always playing sports and exercised often. That's why it was so shocking to have the heart attack and find the blockage. I do have history of high BP that I didn't take my meds like I should have, which the cardiologist attributed some of it to, along with sodium and red meat. Feeling better these days though

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen just said on the Fan that McCarthy will be back. I hope that if Kellen goes, McCarthy calls plays. Maybe hurr an OC to help him with time management

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen just said on the Fan that McCarthy will be back. I hope that if Kellen goes, McCarthy calls plays. Maybe hurr an OC to help him with time management
Not good news but expected

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dan Quinn goes you think there would be plenty of replacements that can step in and do a great job like Vic Vangio or Mike Zimmer. Keep McCarthy for one more season and if shit gets worse Sean Payton’s contract will be up and lord knows the Saint will be in QB hell the next few years so he might wanna go back to Dallas.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to move on from Zeke. He lost a step. Zeke looked slow AF this season. We can find a RB in 4th round. Zeke is at the end. 6 years of heavy usage has taken a toll on him.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to move on from Zeke. He lost a step. Zeke looked slow AF this season. We can find a RB in 4th round. Zeke is at the end. 6 years of heavy usage has taken a toll on him.

One thing I noticed all year (he was hurt) was him diving at the end of plays. 3 years ago you needed 2 or 3 guys to drag him down. He's battered (makes not using Pollard all the more mind boggling)

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He patati
Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott played most of 2021 season with torn PCL, will not require offseason surgery. That is a reason for his struggle.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He patati

Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott played most of 2021 season with torn PCL, will not require offseason surgery. That is a reason for his struggle.
This is why changes are needed on coaching staff. Why in the world did they give Zeke all these snaps when we had Pollard? If i had to guess it was Zeke talking to Jerry in the background. A normal team would have shut Zeke down and rested the knee. I think Zeke was afraid of losing the starting gig and refused to come off the field. This hurt the offense. I respect Zeke for playing hurt and being a warrior,but it cost us. 13 carries and 26 yards? SMFH

I think it would be good for the team if Moore goes elsewhere. I been one of Moores biggest supporters,but i think a change is needed.