• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers @ Cowboys

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someday it will come out how much Jerry had his hand in on coaching decisions. Maybe not, but I sure think Jerry the owner supported Jerry the GM with regards to contracts handed out and playing time. Jaylon was so bad at pro LB, Jerry had to take that hit but did he have a hand with Zeke reps this year? I'd like to think coaches are hired to make the football decisions, but with Jerry, I really think that's as long as jerry is good with it. AND WITH THAT, older Jerry has rabbit ears with regards to the media.

CASE & POINT: Terance Steele

The Dallas media went ape shit when Collins didn't get his starting RT job the moment he was back from suspension. They talked all day how Steele has done pretty good BUT Collins was 100% the better football player. Play your best 5 the media hammered. Was Collins a better RT this season?

Then the media focused on Williams and his extremely poor play, again questioned why this team continues to play him, they did back flips when the other Connor was inserted in the lineup. Three weeks later the same media heads shouted McGovern wasn't any better and really, he's better at the sub-packages like RB. Play your best 5. The media did back flips when the switch back was made. Was the media having an influence on Jerry and thus Jerry had the same influence on McCarthy? The reason why I say this is Williams held alot, but more importantly, he was fucking horrible, never seen a guard launched backwards as often as Williams was this season. I'm sorry, what ever happened to play your best 5? Not the highest paid or highest drafted but the best 5? Collins wasn't better than Steele and Collins was a heck of a better guard than he's shown to be as a tackle. Collins was easily a better guard than both Connors at the same time. Teams trucked the Connors all year, don't see that with Collins.

Why didn't these coaches see Steele at RT with Collins at LG as the best 5? I suggest the media didn't see this, thus Jerry didn't either and the coaches had marching orders with Collins at right tackle. Jerry the GM paid Collins and Jerry the GM drafted Williams high and the natives (media) weren't questioning the top 5.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someday it will come out how much Jerry had his hand in on coaching decisions. Maybe not, but I sure think Jerry the owner supported Jerry the GM with regards to contracts handed out and playing time. Jaylon was so bad at pro LB, Jerry had to take that hit but did he have a hand with Zeke reps this year? I'd like to think coaches are hired to make the football decisions, but with Jerry, I really think that's as long as jerry is good with it. AND WITH THAT, older Jerry has rabbit ears with regards to the media.

CASE & POINT: Terance Steele

The Dallas media went ape shit when Collins didn't get his starting RT job the moment he was back from suspension. They talked all day how Steele has done pretty good BUT Collins was 100% the better football player. Play your best 5 the media hammered. Was Collins a better RT this season?

Then the media focused on Williams and his extremely poor play, again questioned why this team continues to play him, they did back flips when the other Connor was inserted in the lineup. Three weeks later the same media heads shouted McGovern wasn't any better and really, he's better at the sub-packages like RB. Play your best 5. The media did back flips when the switch back was made. Was the media having an influence on Jerry and thus Jerry had the same influence on McCarthy? The reason why I say this is Williams held alot, but more importantly, he was fucking horrible, never seen a guard launched backwards as often as Williams was this season. I'm sorry, what ever happened to play your best 5? Not the highest paid or highest drafted but the best 5? Collins wasn't better than Steele and Collins was a heck of a better guard than he's shown to be as a tackle. Collins was easily a better guard than both Connors at the same time. Teams trucked the Connors all year, don't see that with Collins.

Why didn't these coaches see Steele at RT with Collins at LG as the best 5? I suggest the media didn't see this, thus Jerry didn't either and the coaches had marching orders with Collins at right tackle. Jerry the GM paid Collins and Jerry the GM drafted Williams high and the natives (media) weren't questioning the top 5.
I wondered all season why you wouldnt just leave Steele at RT and kick Collins inside to Williams spot. I also wondered what it would take for Pollard to get more touches.
Side note...I have seen mocks that have the center from Iowa going around where Dallas picks on round one. Would love to see it
Kid is a Hell of a player

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered all season why you wouldnt just leave Steele at RT and kick Collins inside to Williams spot. I also wondered what it would take for Pollard to get more touches.
Side note...I have seen mocks that have the center from Iowa going around where Dallas picks on round one. Would love to see it
we pick #24

I haven't followed much draft but where is that monster DT from Georgia (#99) projected?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we pick #24

I haven't followed much draft but where is that monster DT from Georgia (#99) projected?
Walter Mock has that DT Jordan Davis(6'6" 360 monster) going 9 overall to Denver. The center I want, Linderbaum is slotted at 22. They have Dallas going OT.
That DT is amazing. Can't believe how he moves for a big man

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's battered (makes not using Pollard all the more mind boggling)
This really is what i cant figure out.
I would like that. Biadz just not developing into the next center,but could be a key backup going forward

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him for the first time in the national championship game and just kept saying...YES, one of those please. Kinda felt he was an early pick based on how big and quick he was
I can't see how that big kid misses. I think we need trenches early and often

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro's play hurt all the time and some like zeke, want to power thru it. However, as an organization, they have to step in when it is hurting the team by being ineffective. I still don't think Pollard could have dramatically done any better due to this o-line. Pollard should be used more, but I dont see him as a full time starter. His durability is questionable.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro's play hurt all the time and some like zeke, want to power thru it. However, as an organization, they have to step in when it is hurting the team by being ineffective. I still don't think Pollard could have dramatically done any better due to this o-line. Pollard should be used more, but I dont see him as a full time starter. His durability is questionable.
Emmitt Smith played hurt better than any player I can remember. Not many can do it like he did.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the rams o-line open up holes and ours got us 47 yards total against cardinals makes me sick. And the dline pressure on KM makes me jealous. We got a ways to go both sides of the ball.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter Mock has that DT Jordan Davis(6'6" 360 monster) going 9 overall to Denver. The center I want, Linderbaum is slotted at 22. They have Dallas going OT.
That DT is amazing. Can't believe how he moves for a big man
Yea, the Georgia DT is a beast. I got to look at the LG propects.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory - maybe. Hopefully someone can get in his head because this isn’t new for him.

Williams… good riddance. Whether it’s the momentum-killing penalties or the momentum-killing sacks he’s prone to giving up - I’ve seen enough of him. Go out and sign the best FA LG on the market and move on.

Why was his 2nd penalty called? Williams kicked his left leg before Gregory did anything.

I saw 49ers crowding the line of scrimmage frequently, right on the ball and nothing.

Anal officials.

I want him back for sure.

McCarthy? Not so much.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone notice when the 49ers punted with around 3 minutes left that about 3 of our guys were lined up off sides. I couldnt believe it wasnt called.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly what should have been done IMO and how I'd be starting the depth chart for next year before seeing how the final roster shakes out...
You do that and get a new center and who knows

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we pick #24

You guys hit on the exact two guys I was looking at the other day. I remember when the season started the GA DT was projected in like the 3rd round. Now, I'm not sure he sticks around until our pick. Supposedly inconsistent and takes plays off, but that could just be the nature of being 340+. I like the potential of Joseph, but I wanted Barmore badly in the 2nd, Still think he is a top 10 type player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is exactly why Pollard needed more snaps. No, he probably isn't a FT back but most just wanted an even split.

Just from watching, it seems our guys don't get to the next level as often as other teams unless they are pulling (maybe because the C/LG couldn't win one on one or maybe because our TEs couldn't be trusted to hold a guy for a second to free up an OL or maybe just due to scheme) and that and predictability combined with no push seems to lead to a clogged middle. The holes weren't there or at least closed quickly and Pollard gets through more quickly and can get around the end or off the tackles hip before the pursuit comes to help. Zeke looked great at the beginning of the year but as the year went on and he slowed down he just couldn't get anything without a big hole. Maybe due to the injury, but whatever the reason, it was clear Pollard needed more snaps and was the better runner. The energy and explosiveness changed the second he came in.

I guess when Jerry pays you big $'s he wants you on the field and when Jerry and Son restructure you to guarantee you are here at least a couple more years it's even more important to show that was the right decision. Jerry the Football guy is what he's always wanted to be known as. I think he thinks his football and team building knowledge is what got him in the HOF when in fact it probably kept him out for a while

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ol’ Randy was a bit of a topic on the Twitterverse today…