• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Agree to Trade Framework with Patriots and Browns Regarding WR Aiyuk

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is, but why wait a year of his life? A lot can happen in a year.

This is the fault of other people who made the conditions he has to work within. So he is playing this silly game the best he can.

You dont get to pick your team if you arent a FA. It is that simple. If he wants to pick 1 team and 1 team only, then he needs to wait and play out the year.

Acting like this isnt his fault is pretty disingenuous.

It's not SF's job to take less than what they can get back in trade value for him AND get him the contract that he wants. If the team he wants to play for isnt willing to pay the price it takes to get him this season, SF is well within their rights to say you are playing here until you play out your contract like every other player in the league is required to do.

SF could EASILY say get your ass back to practice and if he doesnt practice for ONLY 3 PRACTICES, he no longer is eligible for unrestricted free agency next season. That is how severe the rules of the league are to players in Aiyuk's situation and they are that severe to avoid the situation that Auyik is creating here.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard PIT's offer is James Daniels, a 2nd and 4th LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If San Fran lets this kid dictate who much they get in return they will regret it for a long time.

They should tell him, "we are taking the best offer and if you don't want to extend, you can stay here and play or sit the bench"

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep

30 million for a guy who has had Kittle and Deebo on his side doesn't scream that kind of cash.

That is Chase and Jefferson territory
Two number 2 WRs (Devonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle) signed for contracts with AAV of $28 million a year. $30 million a year puts him in Amon Ra St Brown territory. Ayuik isn’t wrong in saying he is worth $30 million a year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If San Fran lets this kid dictate who much they get in return they will regret it for a long time.

They should tell him, "we are taking the best offer and if you don't want to extend, you can stay here and play or sit the bench"
But any trade is dependent on Aiyuke signing with them, so he has a LITTLE leverage there. If he will NOT sign with Pit, it doesn’t matter what Pit offers before the trade is contingent on them signing him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has a chance to win a SB with San Fran. Can't say that for the other teams competing for him.

I get wanting to get paid bc it's his last year on his contract, without a doubt, but he is going through a FA process. Seems too much like a diva...but he is a WR so it makes sense.
It's just a chance at a Super Bowl. The money is real as soon as you sign.

Just to use round numbers, if he gets hurt he's not going to get 100 million. Right now he's heading towards an 150 million pay day.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example, Aiyuke, may want to play for KC. And KC is willing to pay him 100M/year. But if they are then only willing to send a 2031 7th to the Niners as compensation, Aiyuke ain’t playing for KC.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is how severe the rules of the league are to players in Aiyuk's situation and they are that severe to avoid the situation that Auyik is creating here.
So you're saying these two committees of lawyers got together and barfed out a contract to avoid this situation... that has not been avoided.

Aiyuk will get mildly injured to avoid getting actually injured. What a great distraction for a contending team.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Aiyuk wanted to pick his team and price he should just wait until FA next year. Seems confusing. He is basically say I don't want to go here and here but telling his agent to call other teams. Seems strange
You sure? This is the NFL. He can get franchised the next two seasons. He’s coming off of 1300 yards and the money at his position exploded. His time is now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has a chance to win a SB with San Fran. Can't say that for the other teams competing for him.

I get wanting to get paid bc it's his last year on his contract, without a doubt, but he is going through a FA process. Seems too much like a diva...but he is a WR so it makes sense.
If he was going to stay with the Niners long term he has a chance to win the Super Bowl. Teams who lose the Super Bowl don’t often get back and then win. I think Brady is the only guy to do it or something in the last 20-25 seasons.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two number 2 WRs (Devonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle) signed for contracts with AAV of $28 million a year. $30 million a year puts him in Amon Ra St Brown territory. Ayuik isn’t wrong in saying he is worth $30 million a year.

Eh...I would take Brown every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I would be very hesitant given the offense the 49ers have ran. Is it as much Aiyuk or is it a product of the offense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...I would take Brown every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I would be very hesitant given the offense the 49ers have ran. Is it as much Aiyuk or is it a product of the offense.
This shouldn’t be on the table when discussing a player’s earned value. This is like valuing a piece of real estate. What did the comparable properties cost? I respect your decision here and your opinion. That means that you aren’t “buying” this product because that’s what the product costs based upon the salaries that were posted this off season.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shouldn’t be on the table when discussing a player’s earned value. This is like valuing a piece of real estate. What did the comparable properties cost? I respect your decision here and your opinion. That means that you aren’t “buying” this product because that’s what the product costs based upon the salaries that were posted this off season.

The Browns may very well end up with Aiyuk lol. I'm just saying if it's about money then take the money. If it is about place then take that into consideration. With respect to San Fran I don't think he's as valuable as he feels he is. My opinion.

I obviously definitely don't think Jeudy is worth his haul either.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SF has a similar "Volunteers not Hostages" mindset, like Tomlin.
They might cut bait in the end rather than have someone who isn't all in souring the mojo.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors circulating that Aiyuk to Pit is a done deal. Just ironing out the minute details.

Fine by me. I'd rather the Browns get one more year of Cooper and figure it out with young guys. Not the absolute best position to go raw at but I like the camp Tillman is having.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to make it easier for whomever wins the QB job. Maybe Fields is getting a WR corps to rival the Bears' to a degree. Aiyuk/Pickens/Wilson is pretty solid.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF has a similar "Volunteers not Hostages" mindset, like Tomlin.
They might cut bait in the end rather than have someone who isn't all in souring the mojo.

This is how I see it also.