• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Agree to Trade Framework with Patriots and Browns Regarding WR Aiyuk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And crying for the plight of a guy who will make in one season 9x what most “middle class”, educated people will make in their entire career is a tough sell as well.
I respect the value of guys who are top ten in the world at what they do. For most players they have a 3-4 year window to try and make generational money for their family. Many of these guys come from really modest beginnings. I’m not “crying” for anybody. You know who else I’m not crying for? Billionaires who in many cases haven’t done anything except win the sperm power ball. This cap is easy to manipulate if you have an owner that is willing to pay more to restructure and resign and offer more signing bonus to free up cap. When that doesn’t happen, it’s money in the pocket of the billionaire. I guess if I’m “crying” for Ayuik then it’s fair to say that everyone else is crying for the Niners owners. Fair?
A successful person who makes 100k/year will make approx 3-4M in their career. Aiyuke, without negotiating in any way, will make 14M in ‘24. He reportedly has an offer on the table that will pay him 26M in ‘24, likely with 1 or 2 further seasons at similar $$.
Man, $100k? That’s the bench mark? I don’t think somebody making 100 k is the top ten in the world at what they do. I like capitalism. I like the part where the immensely talented worker gets his or her fair share that they’ve earned. I think that’s just.
Aiyuk will never have to worry about having a VERY nice meal on his table again for the rest of his life. And he will never worry about having a roof over his head ever again.
Well, we know that’s not true at all. That’s a separate conversation but it relates to something I mentioned earlier about a lot of these guys coming from humble roots. I don’t know how Ayuik is with his money but there are too many Rocket Ismail stories. Guy had a Notre Dame education and had no idea how money worked and he blew millions of dollars. That story happens too often.

This is a crazy tangent though. For me, I don’t know that it has a ton of value in our discussion.
I grant he has worked very hard in his life to get to this great position. And I believe he should get everything he can. But as a fan, I am not going to stump for his bank account either. I just want the Niners to have a good team, and if Aiyuk is going to hold the team hostage to add an extra 2M to his contract, that’s on him.
I get the frustration. I went the first 40+ years of my life without a Super Bowl. The drought has to suck.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get bogged down in those comparisons I just think it's ape shit insane that a dude would walk from getting his desired location over 2 mil a year.

Going from Cali to Pennsylvania probably saves some bucks.
The only thing that really matters is the guaranteed dollars. At any time the Niners can step up and guarantee more years at a lower AAV and it’s the better contract than the one that is 4-5 million more AAV.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Lombardi saying that the Niners and Ayuik are close and that there is one more hurdle left to clear.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the point
Everytime I hear Aiyuk and .................
I think
a computer generated image of the earth with a blue sky

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that really matters is the guaranteed dollars. At any time the Niners can step up and guarantee more years at a lower AAV and it’s the better contract than the one that is 4-5 million more AAV.

And like I said the difference in state tax dollars is like 2 mil a year. Which is bonkers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get bogged down in those comparisons I just think it's ape shit insane that a dude would walk from getting his desired location over 2 mil a year.

Going from Cali to Pennsylvania probably saves some bucks.
Absolutely true. But it isn’t like there isnt a tax for living in Penn. it is just isn’t a financial tax.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a 49ers beat guy who usually is one to take the “homer” side of things.