• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Agree to Trade Framework with Patriots and Browns Regarding WR Aiyuk

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have him in the fold for 14. If he wants to double that, AND have the Niners give up their ability to tag him, he needs to GIVE them something. I don’t see that as a possibility, though. Maybe he can get a raise with nothing else changed (to avoid him holding out). But no way will he get a raise AND a no-tag clause. The tag is the Niners’ entire leverage point. No way will they just hand that over for nothing.
I agree with your basic point but the tag is worth very little. You'd get a complementary 3rd in 2026 if he left as a FA and i'm not sure you'd get much more in 2025 picks value as a trade for him on a 1 year $25M tag. The alternative is to pay him $28M per year on a long-term deal, and that doesn't seem any more desirable to the 49ers. I could see the 49ers agreeing to a no-tag, no-trade contract if Aiyuk would play flat out for $24M. Just a thought. Failing that you trade him now or prepare for an 11-game hold-out. Either way you'd rather have the problem than not have it.

I say this about player contracts every time. If you're going to hold-out - do it in the final low pay season. Playing for cheap and then getting stiffed is foolish. Lots of people saw this coming a year ago.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay him 4 years $120 million. I’m trying to win a Super Bowl right now.
Why not $33M. It's only 3 million more. You going to lose him over $3M per year?

I agree with you that he still wants to be a 49er. That's the problem. I think he got called on it and now he has no out and doesn't know what to do. Don't make a threat you aren't willing to follow through on

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not $33M. It's only 3 million more. You going to lose him over $3M per year?

I agree with you that he still wants to be a 49er. That's the problem. I think he got called on it and now he has no out and doesn't know what to do. Don't make a threat you aren't willing to follow through on
Why not $36M? That’s only 3M more than your proposal…

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to pay him what he’s worth based on the salary the market has set for him. If he’s just a product of the Niners system why do they want him at 14 million when he’s just being a malcontent. If the Niners think he’s interchangeable just swap him for what you can get at the draft or right after the draft and move on.
He just wants to be paid what he’s worth. He’s willing to play for 28 AAV, less than what a comparable player in Amon Ra St Brown got paid. The 49ers want a much larger home town discount.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don’t you want a player to be paid what he’s worth?
St Brown has better numbers than Aiyuk. And he is THE target in Detroit. Aiyuk is AT BEST the 2nd target, but could be argued as the 4th target for the Niners.

If he wants to get paid, why veto trades to teams that were reportedly willing to pay him those rates?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St Brown has better numbers than Aiyuk. And he is THE target in Detroit. Aiyuk is AT BEST the 2nd target, but could be argued as the 4th target for the Niners.
St Brown had way more targets. He doesn’t have to share targets with anyone. Additionally, two number two WRs just signed for 28 million AAV, a total Ayuik’s camp has already leaked they would take.
If he wants to get paid, why veto trades to teams that were reportedly willing to pay him those rates?
That’s fair. He could go rot in New England with a garbage QB for 32 million a year.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers keep acting like he has AJ Brown prime or peak Tyreek Hill or Devantae Adam’s value in trades, he doesn’t.

If you look at production compared to opportunity, his numbers match and actually exceed most of those guys.

I think I said it before but didnt supply an example of just how nutty Aiyuk's stats are.

-In the last two years, Aiyuk has put up 2357 yards and 15 TD's on 219 targets.
-In his last two years in KC, Hill put up 2515 yards and 24 TD's. But he did it on 294 targets
-In his last two years in GB, Adams put up 2927 yards and 29 TD's. But he did it on 318 targets.
-In his last two years in Tenn, Brown put up 1944 yards and 16 TD's. He did it on 211 targets.

Yards and TD's per target:
Aiyuk: 10.76ypt & .0685 TDpt
Hill: 8.55ypt & .0816 TDpt
Adams: 9.20ypt & .0912 TDpt
Brown: 9.21ypt & .0758 TDpt

TD's are lower than the other guys but that is more of a product that Deebo, Kittle and McCaffery being red zone monsters. I'm not going to look up Aiyuk's red zone targets compared to the others but I would think it would be WAY less.

But his yards per target is crazy good. They are so good that you actually have to wonder if SF was using him enough even with all the other great targets that they had. When I think of this yards per target stat, I think of Cooper Kupp's nutty 2019 season where they were completing 75% of the throws headed in his direction and still having a good YPC average. But Aiyuk's 10.76 ypt actually beats even that Cooper Kupp year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St Brown had way more targets. He doesn’t have to share targets with anyone. Additionally, two number two WRs just signed for 28 million AAV, a total Ayuik’s camp has already leaked they would take.

That’s fair. He could go rot in New England with a garbage QB for 32 million a year.
And REPORTEDLY, the Niners offered him 26 very early, but he has never countered with a lowered number. That is why the Niners have REPORTEDLY not raised their number. He isn’t negotiating, he is demanding.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not $36M? That’s only 3M more than your proposal…
Why not $39M? I mean we can do this forever. for a 4 year contract that is another $12M and who knows how much of that is guaranteed. If 60% oft the contract is guaranteed we are talking an extra $7.2M. These teams have cap experts and set prices on players based on evaluation. I am sure they have a ceiling on the players. This is just worth and not a cheap shot at Aiyuk bc it is still a damn good deal. Top 7-8 WR is about right. He played like a top 5 WR one season...that's it, one season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the top receivers in the game right now?

30M would equate to being tied for the 3rd highest paid receiver in the game (with St Brown and Hill).

26M would equate to 9th (below Kupp and above DeVanta Smith)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not $39M? I mean we can do this forever. for a 4 year contract that is another $12M and who knows how much of that is guaranteed. If 60% oft the contract is guaranteed we are talking an extra $7.2M. These teams have cap experts and set prices on players based on evaluation. I am sure they have a ceiling on the players. This is just worth and not a cheap shot at Aiyuk bc it is still a damn good deal. Top 7-8 WR is about right. He played like a top 5 WR one season...that's it, one season.
That’s my point. When does the “just a bit more” stop?

I was agreeing with the point with my add on comment.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let’s remember that NONE of us are actually CC’d on any of the correspondences between Aiyuk and the Niners. We are all entrenched in our positions based entirely on completely BS reports put out there by click-hounds.

It has been REPORTED that the Niners have offered him some kind of a $26M aav contract.
It has been REPORTED that Aiyuk wants more than $30M aav.
It has been REPORTED that the Pats and Browns were willing to sign him to a $30M+ contract and offered a package the Niners were willing to accept.
It has been REPORTED that Pit has an agreement in place with Aiyuk, but has not offered an acceptable package for the Niners.

NONE of the above is FACT! It is all just bullshit theater. Nothing more.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let’s remember that NONE of us are actually CC’d on any of the correspondences between Aiyuk and the Niners. We are all entrenched in our positions based entirely on completely BS reports put out there by click-hounds.

It has been REPORTED that the Niners have offered him some kind of a $26M aav contract.
It has been REPORTED that Aiyuk wants more than $30M aav.
It has been REPORTED that the Pats and Browns were willing to sign him to a $30M+ contract and offered a package the Niners were willing to accept.
It has been REPORTED that Pit has an agreement in place with Aiyuk, but has not offered an acceptable package for the Niners.

NONE of the above is FACT! It is all just bullshit theater. Nothing more.
And Ayuik’s skill coach is on record saying that Ayuik would sign for $28 million AAV

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the top receivers in the game right now?

30M would equate to being tied for the 3rd highest paid receiver in the game (with St Brown and Hill).

26M would equate to 9th (below Kupp and above DeVanta Smith)

I'd slot him between Kupp and Devonta