• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Agree to Trade Framework with Patriots and Browns Regarding WR Aiyuk

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers had their chance and blew it. They didn't want him badly enough

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers had their chance and blew it. They didn't want him badly enough

He’s just not a player that is worth giving up a lot of picks and also $30M over 4 plus year too. I’m not sure I’d say they blew it but agree they didn’t want him badly enough. I wouldn’t do it either and since only a few teams seemed to even be in the mix it kind of shows they all agreed.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s just not a player that is worth giving up a lot of picks and also $30M over 4 plus year too. I’m not sure I’d say they blew it but agree they didn’t want him badly enough. I wouldn’t do it either and since only a few teams seemed to even be in the mix it kind of shows they all agreed.
Yeah, absolutely. The ask was way too high with the salary demands. I honestly don't think the Steelers were really into this as much as it's been reported. They aren't an organization known for trading away high draft picks and giving out huge contracts. Especially to WRs.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, absolutely. The ask was way too high with the salary demands. I honestly don't think the Steelers were really into this as much as it's been reported. They aren't an organization known for trading away high draft picks and giving out huge contracts. Especially to WRs.
nobody will pay the too high asking price at 2 1s.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody will pay the too high asking price at 2 1s.

I don't believe the 49ers asked for that.

The sticking point is his salary and location demands. It would seem NE was willing to pay up and he didn't want to go there. Cleveland and Pittsburgh are both wanting closer to 25 mil.

Cleveland especially isn't really in a position to commit that kind of money to a WR as they are about to exit Coopers deal. They gotta find value somewhere...not saying receiver is ideal but this is what KC has faced also. (Not to compare Cleveland to KC for any other reason)

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe the 49ers asked for that.

The sticking point is his salary and location demands. It would seem NE was willing to pay up and he didn't want to go there. Cleveland and Pittsburgh are both wanting closer to 25 mil.

Cleveland especially isn't really in a position to commit that kind of money to a WR as they are about to exit Coopers deal. They gotta find value somewhere...not saying receiver is ideal but this is what KC has faced also. (Not to compare Cleveland to KC for any other reason)
I,ve read it on various sport places on the net.but its anybody,s guess I reckon.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t Pit reportedly only doing 28M aav? But for how long, and how much guaranteed.

As for the trade demand, Pit reportedly has not offered anything close to a fair package to the Niners. So unless they up their offer to the Niners, that is a non-starter

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have much more sympathy for Aiyuk if he wasn't also trying to dictate where he plays.
This.

He is acting like he is a FA. HE IS NOT. If he sits out the season, he will miss out on the existing 14M contract, a year of service time, and I THINK he loses his chance to be a FA next year (can someone who knows how that works please educate us?).

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t Pit reportedly only doing 28M aav? But for how long, and how much guaranteed.

As for the trade demand, Pit reportedly has not offered anything close to a fair package to the Niners. So unless they up their offer to the Niners, that is a non-starter
I have no idea what Pitt offered.

And fair package is only what both parties are willing to agree to. You may want a million dollars for your beanie babies collection, but you aren't getting it. I don't know if Aiyuk's threat is serious or not either.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

He is acting like he is a FA. HE IS NOT. If he sits out the season, he will miss out on the existing 14M contract, a year of service time, and I THINK he loses his chance to be a FA next year (can someone who knows how that works please educate us?).
I think he needs to be active 6 weeks to accrue a year towards FA.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what Pitt offered.

And fair package is only what both parties are willing to agree to. You may want a million dollars for your beanie babies collection, but you aren't getting it. I don't know if Aiyuk's threat is serious or not either.
Well, seeing as the Niners have not accepted the low-pick packages that Pit has reportedly offered, wouldn’t that mean, by your definition, the Niners did not find them fair packages?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, seeing as the Niners have not accepted the low-pick packages that Pit has reportedly offered, wouldn’t that mean, by your definition, the Niners did not find them fair packages?
Yeah, for now. You don't have to sell your beanie babies for $50 either.