• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Agree to Trade Framework with Patriots and Browns Regarding WR Aiyuk

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and you're about to retire a stadium built in 1999 that has never hosted a playoff game.

Mark Ruffalo Slap GIF by Searchlight Pictures

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the uniforms, shit colored uniforms for CLE.
For NE, I get they aren't winning and have a young QB. Some unknowns.

San Fran is obviously the best place for him and they didn't give him a shit offer. In fact, market value is $27.5M per year and they offered him in the $26-27M per year range I believe. Those are all the details we know.

His panties could be in a wad over that or something else
I think it has something to do with the fact that the Niners have paid Kittle, Debo, Warner, Bosa, CMC, etc. He now wants wants HIS time at the trough, but the Niners have already fed too many mouths, and have 2 BIG mouths coming up in the next year or so (Williams, Purdy), so there just isn’t enough gruel for Aiyuk.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and you're about to retire a stadium built in 1999 that has never hosted a playoff game.
I see you had to add in "host". It's been a long time since PIT did anything relevant so I mean if we are talking better organization right now...it's Cleveland.

If he wanted to win, he stays in SF but the next best choice of teams that were interested is CLE. Not PIT.
He might go there for other reasons. I'm not sure what reasons...like I said, maybe coach?
Scheme doesn't make sense either bringing in Arthur Smith.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you had to add in "host". It's been a long time since PIT did anything relevant so I mean if we are talking better organization right now...it's Cleveland.

If he wanted to win, he stays in SF but the next best choice of teams that were interested is CLE. Not PIT.
He might go there for other reasons. I'm not sure what reasons...like I said, maybe coach?
Win = Niners
$$ = NE
?? = Pit

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, I don’t think you have a grasp of how the NFL cap works. It can be manipulated and massaged in so many different ways that finding a way to structure $4 million on an extension that doesn’t even impact this year’s cap much is light work for front office cap guys.

Then why wasn’t this decision made in March? The Niners are trying to hedge and low ball the guy. It’s pennywise and pound foolish. It’s just dumb
Of course they're trying to low-ball him. That's the whole point to the NFL having a 5th year option.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's the local talk about team chemistry? I'd think Williams gets his first and Aiyuk could be viewed greedy if nothing else, for timing.
Haven’t listened today, but the general mindset (over the last month or so) was that this was all just normal, and it would be resolved eventually. But Williams is DEFINITELY the priority, and Purdy coming up puts real pressure on the team to have to move on (eventually) from either Debo or Aiyuk (if not both).

But it has gotten worse than anyone really expected. Any outcome at this point is “possible”.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody can figure out what he sees in Pittsburgh, it seems. It definitely isn't about the money because the Steelers are much more likely to have less guaranteed cash given the way they like to do business. And now the latest news is that he turned down 32 mil per fron NE. So I have no clue. It's just obvious he doesn't want to be with the Niners at this point.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best player, 2nd best player, or 9th best player doesn't come into it. Players want market value, (or more). Multiple teams think Aiyuk is worth $27M+.
That's fine; he isn't (apparently) worth that to the Niners.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best player, 2nd best player, or 9th best player doesn't come into it. Players want market value, (or more). Multiple teams think Aiyuk is worth $27M+.
The thing is the Niners offered him 26 so one would think 27-28 could still be in play. Aiyuk wants top tier money as a #1 WR but I kinda think he wants to play somewhere that he actually is the #1 target. St. Brown got 28 for reference which is probably his thinking of a baseline. I don't know though. I'm just guessing at this stage.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he isn’t a FA. So he doesn’t have the leverage of playing the FA game.
Obviously, and the 49ers can stand firm on their contract if they wish. Aiyuk can hold-out, go through the motion, and generally disrupt the team. There are choices and consequences.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine; he isn't (apparently) worth that to the Niners.
Absolutely. The 49ers can stick to the contract they have and have an unhappy non-productive asset on their roster. He can play 6 games and leave as a FA in 2025 or he can sit out the whole season and prevent the 49ers from using $14M of cap towards winning in 2024. He can't win, but his biggest loss could be playing the whole season for $16M under market value.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the WR market unexpectedly blew up this off season. Blaming the Niners for not being prepared for a ridiculous inflation of that position group just comes off as Niners hate rather than rational debate.
Holy shit man the market was predictable. How could the Niners not know?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they pay the piper of having a malcontent in their camp. They have a headache to deal with while also trying to get their best (and really only above average - very above average) OL contract done as well.

As this continues, I don’t how people continue to defend the Niners front office on this one. Smells a lot like a Stepford Wife - my favorite team is always right kind of stuff to me.
I'm not a Niners fan, nor on the side of greedy owners, and it makes sense to me. They signed Deebo, who was a red zone machine. Given everything else the 49ers throw at you, I'm not sure how hard it is to replace Aiyuk, since a lot of wideouts could stretch that field since the defense can't hang back. (I'm not sure he puts up the same numbers on another team.) McCaffrey, Kittle, Deebo and Purdy are harder to replace.

Aiyuk wants a four-year $120 million contract with a ton guaranteed, and the 49ers simply don't want to make the adjustments elsewhere on their roster to be able to afford it. I don't think it's some philosophical or personal thing; it's just numbers. And I have the impression other teams also don't think he's worth that, which is why nothing's getting done.

I don't think if you put Aiyuk on, say, the Titans, he comes close to those numbers. From a football perspective he's in a perfect position right now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Niners fan, nor on the side of greedy owners, and it makes sense to me. They signed Deebo, who was a red zone machine. Given everything else the 49ers throw at you, I'm not sure how hard it is to replace Aiyuk, since a lot of wideouts could stretch that field since the defense can't hang back. (I'm not sure he puts up the same numbers on another team.) McCaffrey, Kittle, Deebo and Purdy are harder to replace.

Aiyuk wants a four-year $120 million contract with a ton guaranteed, and the 49ers simply don't want to make the adjustments elsewhere on their roster to be able to afford it. I don't think it's some philosophical or personal thing; it's just numbers. And I have the impression other teams also don't think he's worth that, which is why nothing's getting done.

I don't think if you put Aiyuk on, say, the Titans, he comes close to those numbers. From a football perspective he's in a perfect position right now.
To be fair though, Aiyuk is an elite blocking WR and his route running is at/near the top of the league.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday Ayuik’s personal trainer former NFL WR TJ Houshmanzada (prolly spelled that wrong) said that Ayuik would take $28 million to go back to the Niners.