• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Agree to Trade Framework with Patriots and Browns Regarding WR Aiyuk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um…

What?
Top of your position in the NFL is a different world dependent on the position. The 20th highest paid QB is going to make much more than the highest paid LB for example.

That’s what I was saying.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as that 255M needs to be split amongst 53 roster spots, you are talking about essentially a full player’s allotment. For a player already set to make 14M. Who has been offered 26M. The line has to be drawn, or EVERY player will just demand that extra 4M.
With all due respect, I don’t think you have a grasp of how the NFL cap works. It can be manipulated and massaged in so many different ways that finding a way to structure $4 million on an extension that doesn’t even impact this year’s cap much is light work for front office cap guys.
Aiyuk is a very good receiver. But he is arguably the #4 option for targets on this team. That is not a 30M price tag. If he wants the 30M, go to a team that will rate him as the #1 option, understanding that the Niners currently own his rights, and he doesn’t have free movement at the moment.
Then why wasn’t this decision made in March? The Niners are trying to hedge and low ball the guy. It’s pennywise and pound foolish. It’s just dumb

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren’t talking about every player. We are talking about their number 1 WR and the guy who stretches the field for them. His ability to draw a safety and press the defense deeper is what opens up crossers and intermediate stuff. It’s an incredibly important role in the modern NFL and why these WRs get paid so much these days.
They see more of him then I do so I trust the FO that does a great job at finding talent, developing WR's then paying them when the time is right. Also, we don't know this is ONLY about money. That seems to be the main issue but there could be more. Like I said before, they don't think his is worth $30M. Plain and simple. He's only had one great season, yes he is young, but one great season does not always equal top 3 WR.
Then why is he being offered $26 million?!?!? This argument is fine. I might personally disagree but this is an argument to just punt on the player.
Bc that is his value to them. They have their cap experts, analysis, blah blah blah so they have a value on every player. Why don't you ask them.
This is fair if for no other reason than the fact that we are going by what has been reported. I would push back with this: we know for sure that they have two valuable and important players that aren’t participating as they’re trying to go win a Super Bowl.
Well Trent has been an issue with two teams now but I agree

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has reportedly not budged on his 30M number. The Niners have gone up, and he returned with the same number. He isn’t negotiating, he is demanding. And he is NOT a 30M WR.

And the Niners still need to sign Williams (1000x more important than Aiyuk) and Purdy is going to be getting 50M after next year.

And as has been stated, the argument can be made that he around the #9 player on the roster. So even if he were worth 30M, no team can afford to pay their #9 player 30M.
Totally agree. Aiyuk not a $30M player and especially not a team with a good 1A in Deebo, a top TE and THE top RB. Take your picks and your extra cap space and use it somewhere else and you'll be better off. I don't get all the drama, but then again it's a drama queen position. if it's a guy like McCaffrey you let him bend you over, but not Aiyuk. And who knows, you sign him to $30M and then Deebo holds out because he wants more too? I think whomever trades for Aiyuk will end up disappointed

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Aiyuk not a $30M player and especially not a team with a good 1A in Deebo, a top TE and THE top RB. Take your picks and your extra cap space and use it somewhere else and you'll be better off. I don't get all the drama, but then again it's a drama queen position. if it's a guy like McCaffrey you let him bend you over, but not Aiyuk. And who knows, you sign him to $30M and then Deebo holds out because he wants more too? I think whomever trades for Aiyuk will end up disappointed
I think if Ayuik is dealt the 2024 Niners won’t be as good as they could have been.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they have another “bend over player” in Williams who will need be paid before the season starts.

The Niners CAN force him to stick with the 14M contract and then tag him next year if they want to. You can complain that that is an unfair environment, but that is the rules that were agreed to under the CBA, so tough shit. He can go the AB route and become a cancer, but that isn’t going to get you paid in the long run (for the record, he is reportedly rather mild-mannered irl, but has gone oddly diva this off-season).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they have another “bend over player” in Williams who will need be paid before the season starts.

The Niners CAN force him to stick with the 14M contract and then tag him next year if they want to. You can complain that that is an unfair environment, but that is the rules that were agreed to under the CBA, so tough shit. He can go the AB route and become a cancer, but that isn’t going to get you paid in the long run (for the record, he is reportedly rather mild-mannered irl, but has gone oddly diva this off-season).
And that’s why I don’t think he gets traded.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s why I don’t think he gets traded.
If he is going to essentially veto any trade to a team that isn’t going to try to get free assets from the Niners, I agree. It is worth it for the Niners to take a full loss on the asset than to give him away for almost nothing and cave.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is going to essentially veto any trade to a team that isn’t going to try to get free assets from the Niners, I agree. It is worth it for the Niners to take a full loss on the asset than to give him away for almost nothing and cave.
I think both sides are playing chicken. Ayuik doesn’t want to sign elsewhere. He wants to stack offers 30+ or more to say - see? This is the value if you want me. The Niners don’t want to part with Ayuik. They just want him to take a home town discount and sign for less than the value he’s demonstrated with his play, his comparable player contracts around the league, and real teams with real contract offers.

As an Eagles fan, I’m like Little Finger over here. I just love the chaos and the big picture impact that could have on an NFC favorite.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both sides are playing chicken. Ayuik doesn’t want to sign elsewhere. He wants to stack offers 30+ or more to say - see? This is the value if you want me. The Niners don’t want to part with Ayuik. They just want him to take a home town discount and sign for less than the value he’s demonstrated with his play, his comparable player contracts around the league, and real teams with real contract offers.

As an Eagles fan, I’m like Little Finger over here. I just love the chaos and the big picture impact that could have on an NFC favorite.
Maybe but we don’t know for sure. It sure sounds like he is pushing towards PIT and they are trying to give the bare minimum. So maybe all 3 sides are playing chicken but SF is doing everything they can for Aiyuk now. They are finding the teams interested, giving fair trade offer and matching Aiyuk’s expectation contract wise. It isn’t their fault he is turning down teams left and right.

The facts right now: This shit would be over if he wasn’t acting like this is his FA, which it isn’t, he is still under contract.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am focusing less about the "deal is done" in this post bc it was from yesterday but rather more on the contract terms.

Seriously? If this is true Aiyuk is a baby back bitch bc I am pretty sure SF offered the $26M per year lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am focusing less about the "deal is done" in this post bc it was from yesterday but rather more on the contract terms.

Seriously? If this is true Aiyuk is a baby back bitch bc I am pretty sure SF offered the $26M per year lol

Oh wow! Niners must have torched this relationship

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So much wrong in this tweet (from yesterday, as you stated) that I can’t take any of it seriously.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow! Niners must have torched this relationship
It isn't about money anymore, he is being sour, if true. This is diva stuff.

Steelers are lowballing Aiyuk. They are problem just like the Niners right? Bc they offered him less than his asking? LOL

“He’d possibly already be a member of the Steelers, if they were offering the 49ers more in trade and Aiyuk more in pay,” Florio wrote. “As we hear it, the Steelers are lower than others, on both metrics.”

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guarantees matter too.

Maybe PIT is offering more that way, rather than a phony final year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guarantees matter too.

Maybe PIT is offering more that way, rather than a phony final year.
Maybe, there is a possibility, but then the money would be fine but from multiple reports, it isn't. And they are lowballing the Niners, which is certainly fair, but over time this won't be a great strategy bc they will just move onto the next team.