• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Agree to Trade Framework with Patriots and Browns Regarding WR Aiyuk

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not $36M? That’s only 3M more than your proposal…
Yes, That was my point :noidea:. It was based on what he (someone else?) said the other day about ‘it’s only $3M more, are you going to cost your team a possible Super Bowl for $3M per year’

my point was you have to draw the line somewhere and I’m not giving Aiyuk $30M per

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St Brown has better numbers than Aiyuk. And he is THE target in Detroit. Aiyuk is AT BEST the 2nd target, but could be argued as the 4th target for the Niners.

If he wants to get paid, why veto trades to teams that were reportedly willing to pay him those rates?
St Brown is a much much better player. It isn’t comparable IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Ayuik’s skill coach is on record saying that Ayuik would sign for $28 million AAV
maybe now that he realizes $30M is a pipe dream he dropped his offer? They might have started lower than $28M and gave him their best and final. $28M is what Waddle got for 3 years. I’d say Waddle is a much better comp than the other players being mentioned So that probably around his value Although personally I think Waddle was paid more than his value so I could see SF wanting to stay a little below that and especially if they think DeeBo is going to feel underpaid the second they pay Aiyuk. Deebo to me is the real comp for Aiyuk and he got $23M per for 3 years, 3 years ago. So 3 years later you have to stay above that. I think $26M is pretty fair. Maybe $27M, but now that’s splitting hairs

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SiriusXM NFL channel is reporting that the Niners and Steelers are getting close to a trade for Aiyuk.
Looks like the Niners and Steelers have been “in agreement” for “a while” now. Sounds like maybe Aiyuk is balking?? His bluff has been called and now he needs out his paw print on the contract with Pit, or work out something with the Niners.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Niners and Steelers have been “in agreement” for “a while” now. Sounds like maybe Aiyuk is balking?? His bluff has been called and now he needs out his paw print on the contract with Pit, or work out something with the Niners.
From what I read the hold up is the 49ers. They have an offer in front of Ayuik that they want him to consider signing. Must not be good enough if this hasn’t been settled.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was what I’m referencing.

So who does Aiyuke want throwing passes to him? Russ or Brock? Is 2M per going to make a difference for any delta between the two? And having other weapons next to him to spread the defense away from focusing on him has to to be a value as well.

If he wants to play for Pit, do it. I suspect he WANTS to stay in SF, and the Niners have facilitated all his demands, giving him no more excuses to not sign. Sign or dont at this point.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read the hold up is the 49ers. They have an offer in front of Ayuik that they want him to consider signing. Must not be good enough if this hasn’t been settled.

He's not sucking your dick man no matter how many times you hero for him

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who does Aiyuke want throwing passes to him? Russ or Brock? Is 2M per going to make a difference for any delta between the two? And having other weapons next to him to spread the defense away from focusing on him has to to be a value as well.
These are all questions for Ayuik and his family to answer. We are guessing the gap is 2 million but who knows. That could also just be AAV differences and not guaranteed money. That could also be different. If I’m an agent with the integrity in this game today, I’m telling players the only thing that matters is the guaranteed dollars.
If he wants to play for Pit, do it. I suspect he WANTS to stay in SF, and the Niners have facilitated all his demands, giving him no more excuses to not sign. Sign or dont at this point.
I think he wants to stay in SF too but I am less convinced the Niners have acquiesced on those demands after Houshmanzada’s comments about $28 million. Who knows?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not sucking your dick man no matter how many times you hero for him
And Niners 5’9’’ 235 pound owners aren’t going to share with you any of the savings they can put in their pocket for nickel and diming the real talent in the equation. Nobody goes to the stadium or tunes in on tv to see the DiBartolo family count their money.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Niners 5’9’’ 235 pound owners aren’t going to share with you any of the savings they can put in their pocket for nickel and diming the real talent in the equation. Nobody goes to the stadium or tunes in on tv to see the DiBartolo family count their money.
Aiyuk not sharing his contract with his white knights either. Generally fans just want their teams to be good and don't care about the money unless it leads to a degraded roster because a few of the players want a few slices of the pie which leaves less pie for the rest of the players.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aiyuk not sharing his contract with his white knights either. Generally fans just want their teams to be good and don't care about the money unless it leads to a degraded roster because a few of the players want a few slices of the pie which leaves less pie for the rest of the players.
Nice...should end the discussion.

not likely but it should.
Most fans just want their team to win.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice...should end the discussion.

not likely but it should.
Most fans just want their team to win.
And crying for the plight of a guy who will make in one season 9x what most “middle class”, educated people will make in their entire career is a tough sell as well.

A successful person who makes 100k/year will make approx 3-4M in their career. Aiyuke, without negotiating in any way, will make 14M in ‘24. He reportedly has an offer on the table that will pay him 26M in ‘24, likely with 1 or 2 further seasons at similar $$.

Aiyuk will never have to worry about having a VERY nice meal on his table again for the rest of his life. And he will never worry about having a roof over his head ever again.

I grant he has worked very hard in his life to get to this great position. And I believe he should get everything he can. But as a fan, I am not going to stump for his bank account either. I just want the Niners to have a good team, and if Aiyuk is going to hold the team hostage to add an extra 2M to his contract, that’s on him.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe they will

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And crying for the plight of a guy who will make in one season 9x what most “middle class”, educated people will make in their entire career is a tough sell as well.

A successful person who makes 100k/year will make approx 3-4M in their career. Aiyuke, without negotiating in any way, will make 14M in ‘24. He reportedly has an offer on the table that will pay him 26M in ‘24, likely with 1 or 2 further seasons at similar $$.

Aiyuk will never have to worry about having a VERY nice meal on his table again for the rest of his life. And he will never worry about having a roof over his head ever again.

I grant he has worked very hard in his life to get to this great position. And I believe he should get everything he can. But as a fan, I am not going to stump for his bank account either. I just want the Niners to have a good team, and if Aiyuk is going to hold the team hostage to add an extra 2M to his contract, that’s on him.
yep...Aiyuk looks the greedy part.

dog eat dog cause he's getting his....good luck to thenext guy

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get bogged down in those comparisons I just think it's ape shit insane that a dude would walk from getting his desired location over 2 mil a year.

Going from Cali to Pennsylvania probably saves some bucks.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think fans cheer for mismanagement of their roster? When this gets settled we will move on to their starting LT and the thread about him being unsigned. If I’m a Niners fan and I’ve been in the NFC championship game 4 of the last 5 years and I haven’t seen my team win since the Clinton administration I don’t want to hear shit about cap allocation so they can compete in 2027. I guess fans want to root for the best players at the cheapest price but this is a mess. The relationship is definitely damaged if not ruined.