• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Agree to Trade Framework with Patriots and Browns Regarding WR Aiyuk

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be said…

This board really slants pro owner and anti player when we see these contract issues arise.

It’s fascinating to me to see fans become the owners’ mouth pieces. This is the same organization that made a 4+ billion dollar jury award disappear by buying off a judge just last week. Sad.
It depends on the situation imo

I was all for Aiyuk getting his payday and I also said I thought SF screwed up not hammering this out before the draft but this is getting out of hand. He is picking and choosing his destination like it is FA.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. You want a starter (possibly star-type of player) or two starters and picks. Star player I mean a legit starting OL.

All the rumors coming from CLE were either legit former PB Olineman, Newsome (starting slot CB) or Cooper + picks. They can't accept that trash from PIT
James Daniels isn't trash, btw. He's just on the last year of his deal and the team already worked on finding his replacement.

He's a good player, just costs a lot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on the situation imo

I was all for Aiyuk getting his payday and I also said I thought SF screwed up not hammering this out before the draft but this is getting out of hand. He is picking and choosing his destination like it is FA.
This comment assumes that there is “real” free agency in the NFL. There really isn’t for players who have earned a payday.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Daniels isn't trash, btw. He's just on the last year of his deal and the team already worked on finding his replacement.

He's a good player, just costs a lot.
Sure, good player but the package overall is trash. I will say that is just a rumored package.

Austin is WR4 or WR5 and ST player.
Moore is a backup
Daniels is a decent, young player

So all of this helps San Fran very little this year other than getting some OL depth.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, good player but the package overall is trash. I will say that is just a rumored package.

Moore is a backup

So all of this helps San Fran very little this year other than getting some OL depth.
Which is their own fault for slow walking all of this after not reaching a deal with Aiyuk in the offseason. Should have gotten their trade done before the draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This comment assumes that there is “real” free agency in the NFL. There really isn’t for players who have earned a payday.
He is making $15M this year so now he gets to decide where he wants to go while under a contract. Sorry, I don't care if times are different...it is ridiculous. Asking to be traded and/or paid is one thing but when a player declines going to teams and only wants to go to one team is ridiculous. This is why I say, there is a time and place for it and last time I checked he was under contract.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. You want a starter (possibly star-type of player) or two starters and picks. Star player I mean a legit starting OL.

All the rumors coming from CLE were either legit former PB Olineman, Newsome (starting slot CB) or Cooper + picks. They can't accept that trash from PIT
The Niners aren’t going to get a kings ransom, I don’t think. Cooper and a 2, I think, was a fair deal. The Niners get a replacent #2 receiver and future growth potential and Aiyuk goes to a team that has a chance.

But Aiyuk doesn’t want to live in Cleveland (can’t really blame him for that). So dead deal.

NE was offer a lessor receive, but a better 2. But Aiyuk wants a chance to win. So dead deal.

Aiyuk is trying to act like he is a FA with all the leverage that that comes with. But he isn’t a FA. He is under contract to the Niners. The Niners are TRYING to do right by him by giving him options for his landing spot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is their own fault for slow walking all of this after not reaching a deal with Aiyuk in the offseason. Should have gotten their trade done before the draft.
Can't disagree with that but Aiyuk declining going to NE or other teams is where it gets dicey and doesn't encourage SF to work a deal for a lesser package. They still hold all the cards and he is still under contract.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moore is a backup

Also note that Daniels makes 8.5M, so assuming he doesn’t take a pay cut when he hits FA, he would only be in SF for 1 season. Not a deal breaker, but the “young” aspect is pointless when viewing in that context.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using him in a package to trade up in the 1st was a reasonable goal, I thought. But apparently, no other team bit. I am not sure how anything since could be considered “slow walking”. Things just had to play out.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players don't have any security playing on the last year of a deal, especially when they are looking to cash in on that big C2 contract.

A bad injury can ruin it all. I don't have any sympathy for a player demanding a new deal with 2 years or more left, but on that final year, I'm on the player's side.

Get a deal done or move him. Don't expect him to play like he did last year if you don't. 9ers let this go too long, and now they backed themselves into a corner.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players don't have any security playing on the last year of a deal, especially when they are looking to cash in on that big C2 contract.

A bad injury can ruin it all. I don't have any sympathy for a player demanding a new deal with 2 years or more left, but on that final year, I'm on the player's side.

Get a deal done or move him. Don't expect him to play like he did last year if you don't. 9ers let this go too long, and now they backed themselves into a corner.
You realize it takes 2 to complete a contract. Why not say “Aiyuk should have gotten this done. He backed himself into a corner”?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at calling football fans pro owners for having a different opinion of Aiyuk's worth 4 weeks before the season starts.

onward superior opinions

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am on the players' side to a certain extent. Demanding where you go...like I said, this isn't FA. Still agree the 49ers could have done more but how do we know they didn't explore many opportunities before the draft and teams gave them shit offers? We don't know.

I blame the organization. Absolutely but demanding to go to a team of your choice is not how it works.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly no deal is done, otherwise it would be reported. Gotta love the "I got nothing new" report lol.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the players' side to a certain extent. Demanding where you go...like I said, this isn't FA. Still agree the 49ers could have done more but how do we know they didn't explore many opportunities before the draft and teams gave them shit offers? We don't know.

I blame the organization. Absolutely but demanding to go to a team of your choice is not how it works.
It is how it works. Otherwise, he'd be a Patriot right now.

Just because the 9ers can get the best deal for themselves somewhere, doesn't mean that the player is obligated to sign a new deal with that team. And for what he was going to cost, the Patriots weren't going to make that trade for a 1 year rental.

It certainly limits both parties, and maybe it means he has to sulk and play out (or halfass) the contract now, but Aiyuk has a lot of power in this situation.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moore is a backup

If their goal is help this year then they pay Ayuik $30 million. Every other scenario is a net loss for this coming season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is making $15M this year so now he gets to decide where he wants to go while under a contract. Sorry, I don't care if times are different...it is ridiculous. Asking to be traded and/or paid is one thing but when a player declines going to teams and only wants to go to one team is ridiculous. This is why I say, there is a time and place for it and last time I checked he was under contract.
This is the environment the NFL owners have created. Very few players actually have the ability to do what Ayuik is doing. This is the best choice available to accomplish his goal.

He really doesn’t want to move or be traded. He wants to be a 49er and he wants to be paid what he’s worth.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at calling football fans pro owners for having a different opinion of Aiyuk's worth 4 weeks before the season starts.

onward superior opinions
The market is absolutely clear on Ayuik’s value.