• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it never changes.
Big Men/Low Post scoring and defense almost always win in this league.

If you dont have it. You dont win very often if ever.
Golden State better find some soon.

Draymond Green looks completely helpless on defense...and Bogut looks old and slow.

I fall victim to the point guard as a weapon hype as much as anyone sometimes....but I am always reminded what really wins. The NBA is littered with failed teams that though they could win with jumpshots and guard play.

Even the Spurs with their ball movement and fancy passing to set up a zillions 3 point shots last year.......they still could toss the Ball down to Duncan when the shots from the outside started missing.

Still time for the Ws to get it together and remember what wins.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the deadline I knew they needed another big off the bench that could score inside. Enes kanter is who I wanted. They needed to give up 2 picks to get rid of David lee to do it but we isn't want to

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is David Lee hurt?

You need some offense down low to make Gasol and Randolph expend energy on defense.

Z-Bo is a crappy bad defender who can easily get into foul trouble.
Even worse he gets lazy and can be goaded into critical mistakes that get Gasol also cheap fouls as a secondary defender.

I am not sure why Kerr is sticking with non-offensive threats in the forward spots.
Go right at Z-Bo and get him into foul trouble with your best offensive post players.

The defensive post players are not even remotely stopping them anyway...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is David Lee hurt?

You need some offense down low to make Gasol and Randolph expend energy on defense.

Z-Bo is a crappy bad defender who can easily get into foul trouble.
Even worse he gets lazy and can be goaded into critical mistakes that get Gasol also cheap fouls as a secondary defender.

I am not sure why Kerr is sticking with non-offensive threats in the forward spots.
Go right at Z-Bo and get him into foul trouble with your best offensive post players.

The defensive post players are not even remotely stopping them anyway...

We might see a Lee sighting now that speights is hurt. But lee could help but might be to rusty like he was the other game he played

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors won 1-2-3 positions. They just can't get murdered at the 4-5 to win this series IMO. Also only hitting 4-19 on wide open 3s the last 2 games is going to hurt your chances too.

Problem is that it's the 4-5 spots that win in the playoffs. I agree that GSW doesn't have to "win" the 4-5 spots, they just have to not get crushed. I still think GSW takes this series. As we saw in the 4th quarter yesterday, GSW is going to make runs, can close large gaps very quickly and the Grizzlies tend to have a lengthy offensive lapse or 2 in pretty much every game. I think those things will eventually will cost them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought bogut played defense? Top 10 center my ass

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that it's the 4-5 spots that win in the playoffs

it is tough to find any examples where they did not.
The NBA has alway been a Big man's game and it might never change.

We have tons of Derek Fisher, Kenny Smiths, Avery Johnsons, and Mario Chalmers with NBA titles.
But, very rarely (if ever) do you see a title team without low post play.

2011 Dirk played away from the basket a little too much, but he still had a young and dominant Chandler.
1990s Jordan had very serviceable and effective bigs in Grant, Rodman, Cartwright..etc

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the 2011 playoffs the team who won b2b games first won the series 89.5% of the time.

Memphis just did it

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the 2011 playoffs the team who won b2b games first won the series 89.5% of the time.

Memphis just did it

And people who won game 1 have won the series almost 80% of the time... Those stats mean nothing to me. Warriors have won every game 1! Except against San Antonio in 2013

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is tough to find any examples where they did not.
The NBA has alway been a Big man's game and it might never change.

We have tons of Derek Fisher, Kenny Smiths, Avery Johnsons, and Mario Chalmers with NBA titles.
But, very rarely (if ever) do you see a title team without low post play.

2011 Dirk played away from the basket a little too much, but he still had a young and dominant Chandler.
1990s Jordan had very serviceable and effective bigs in Grant, Rodman, Cartwright..etc

Game is way different now. 9 of the top 10 teams are in the top 10 in 3pt shooting outside of Memphis. That's the only team that's a big men team first

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that it's the 4-5 spots that win in the playoffs. I agree that GSW doesn't have to "win" the 4-5 spots, they just have to not get crushed. I still think GSW takes this series. As we saw in the 4th quarter yesterday, GSW is going to make runs, can close large gaps very quickly and the Grizzlies tend to have a lengthy offensive lapse or 2 in pretty much every game. I think those things will eventually will cost them.

Yeah I think we could still take this series. Game 4 we have to win. It will be weird with no lebron, Steph in the playoffs this year

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is way different now. 9 of the top 10 teams are in the top 10 in 3pt shooting outside of Memphis. That's the only team that's a big men team first

Duncan, Bosh/Birdman, Tyson Chandler**, Pau Gasol/Odom/Bynum, Perkins/Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, Duncan, Wallace Brothers, Duncan/Robinson, Shaq, Shaq, Shaq, Duncan/Robinson....

Every team that wins a title even in the 3 point era wins with low post offense with the possible exception of 2011 Dallas

San Antonio hit more 3 pointers than ever last year, but the offense was still run through Duncan at the rim.
He could easily have won Finals MVP just as much as Kawahi.

The Clippers are finally a threat because Blake Griffin developed into a guy who can score down low in the halfcourt alongside Jordan.

The game is still played in the paint.

And it always will be.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best roster Memphis has had in the playoffs. I'm not sure its useful at all to bring up the older years

Both teams matchup well with each other imo. The assumption was the gsw were deeper and had a better coach. I still thinks this goes 7 but I'm not sold on the warriors winning

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP is Choking. Playoffs are a different animal.