• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm well aware of what positions they play. I'm talking about true 100% post players not what position they play

:L Just because a guy can hit a 15-20 footer, doesn't mean he's not a true post player. Kareem could hit a skyhook from more than 10 feet out. I guess he wasn't a true post player either. Pau Gasol can hit from the 3 point line, Marc Gasol can hit 15-17 footers all day yet you said they are true post players.

The faster you go, the behinder you get.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Just because a guy can hit a 15-20 footer, doesn't mean he's not a true post player. Kareem could hit a skyhook from more than 10 feet out. I guess he wasn't a true post player either. Pau Gasol can hit from the 3 point line, Marc Gasol can hit 15-17 footers all day yet you said they are true post players.

The faster you go, the behinder you get.

I'm talking about dominant dominant guys

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about dominant dominant guys

Oh, so you're moving the bar to fit your needs. Nice try. No one said they had to be "dominant dominant." They need to have a solid post presence. Every player that I listed is a solid post presence and every one of them is better than what GSW has, why I don't see them winning the championship and why they are trailing 2-1 in their current series.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what's peoples deals with post players or a guy that scores on a broken play on the glass or a pick and roll? It's still 2 points

It's called higher percentage shots. GSW is struggling with the Grizzlies because their outside shots aren't falling and they struggle in the paint in the halfcourt. They are being forced into lower percentage shots than the Grizzlies and they are missing them because of the defense that is being played on them.

If after watching what Memphis has done the past 2 games, watching Jordan and especially Griffin, among others and having it shown to you that no team without a solid post presence has won a title, you don't know what "people's deal" is, then I really don't know what to tell you.

We can explain it to you, but we can't understand it for you.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called higher percentage shots. GSW is struggling with the Grizzlies because their outside shots aren't falling and they struggle in the paint in the halfcourt. They are being forced into lower percentage shots than the Grizzlies and they are missing them because of the defense that is being played on them.

If after watching what Memphis has done the past 2 games, watching Jordan and especially Griffin, among others and having it shown to you that no team without a solid post presence has won a title, you don't know what "people's deal" is, then I really don't know what to tell you.

This is why I said that they needed another big, need kanter or Garnett were the guys I wanted

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They actually dare for guys outside of Steph and Klay to take those open shots. The only guy who can score in the post is DLee. With Speights gone, they're going to need him REAL bad.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Kerr's inexperience as a coach is showing a bit here. There were no adjustments from Game 1 to Game 2, because the Warriors won in a route and looked pretty good in game 1. Game 3 we did see a few adjustments but not enough to counteract what Memphis is doing.

Joeger has done a good job on his adjustments. One in particular I saw is that they're getting Gasol moving in the offense, with high-low cuts and off ball cuts to the strong side. Those are more difficult for a guy like Draymond to guard because of the size discrepancy. In game 1 Gasol just tried to overpower Draymond who does a good job leveraging against bigs. The Draymond's strength and leveraging is counteracted with Gasol moving because Draymond can't get there in time to establish his position and Gasol's height and skill are prevalent.

Defense is actually not the problem though. Offensively, there was more ball movement, but it was mechanical movement. There wasn't a huge amount of flow, which the Warriors thrive off of.

Two adjustments I would like to see from the Warriors is more early transition offense and high low back cuts.

The Grizzlies are a good defensive team and have done well in transition. The more the Warriors are able to get out even after made buckets to get looks in the first 8-10 seconds will be a plus. Once the Grizzlies are established defensively, it makes buckets much harder to come by.

Also, the Grizzlies perimeter defenders are pressing up against our guys because they have the back line defense to rely on. When they overplay, we're going to need to have guys using this aggression against them and finding some back cuts. The ball should flow through the top by the bigs, to try and pull guys like Gasol and Zbo away from the basket. We need to utilize our bigs passing to get some things going towards the hoop.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest stat to me

"Over the last two losses, the Warriors were 4-of-18 on 3-pointers SportVU defines as “wide-open” (more than six feet of space). On 3s that are merely “open,” the Warriors are 4-of-16. Golden State shot better than 42 percent on wide-open 3s this season, better than 40 percent on open ones."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest stat to me

"Over the last two losses, the Warriors were 4-of-18 on 3-pointers SportVU defines as “wide-open” (more than six feet of space). On 3s that are merely “open,” the Warriors are 4-of-16. Golden State shot better than 42 percent on wide-open 3s this season, better than 40 percent on open ones."

Memphis is in their heads, if you body them up and get in their heads it could affect their shooting. Seems to me this is what is going on. Golden St doesnt have been experience in the playoffs unlike Memphis as well.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis is in their heads, if you body them up and get in their heads it could affect their shooting. Seems to me this is what is going on. Golden St doesnt have been experience in the playoffs unlike Memphis as well.

We will never know honestly im not the human being lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to attack to get open looks.