• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: LA Clippers vs Denver Nuggets

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Denver is deep. Just a lot of very good players. Porter is an X factor. Clippers don't seem to have a good solution to defending Jokic.

The Nuggets are playing like this and they don't have their starting SF Will Barton. And their starting SG Gary Harris has only been back playing since late in the 1st round. Game 7 will be interesting.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nuggets are playing like this and they don't have their starting SF Will Barton. And their starting SG Gary Harris has only been back playing since late in the 1st round. Game 7 will be interesting.

I bet $10 to win $1,200 on the Nuggets to win the title. Damn, I wish I bet more. LOL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very Funny Reaction GIF

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is so inconsistent, even in games. Multiple times in series and in games they look dead and just as the doctor is about to declare them so, they come charging back to life.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not happening.

Probably not, but the bookies had the LA teams and the Bucks too short on the odds and the other teams too long. The Nuggets are a fun bet. And anyone who got in on the Celtics and Miami early enough have fun bets, too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not, but the bookies had the LA teams and the Bucks too short on the odds and the other teams too long. The Nuggets are a fun bet. And anyone who got in on the Celtics and Miami early enough have fun bets, too.

Why are the Lakers odds too short? They look like the team to beat these playoffs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is so inconsistent, even in games. Multiple times in series and in games they look dead and just as the doctor is about to declare them so, they come charging back to life.

Just as Nuggets fans are about to change the channel:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very interested to see what Mecca thinks of what's going on.

I think the Clippers are still the best team in the league, I think they'll win game 7 and I still think they get whatever the heck is going on figured out and get past the Lakers.

But after seeing how the Lakers responded when the Rockets made runs to cut into or even overcome a big deficit and seeing how the Clippers have responded in the last 2 games when the Nuggets made runs at them...

I'm starting to like the Lakers chances a bit more.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Clippers are still the best team in the league, I think they'll win game 7 and I still think they get whatever the heck is going on figured out and get past the Lakers.

But after seeing how the Lakers responded when the Rockets made runs to cut into or even overcome a big deficit and seeing how the Clippers have responded in the last 2 games when the Nuggets made runs at them...

I gotta disagree. The clippers have proven to be very beatable whereas the Lakers have adapted to their opponent and made it to the WCF in only 10 games

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of mecca is she done with this site or just taking a break?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of mecca is she done with this site or just taking a break?

Not sure. When she did her "peace out" it sounded pretty permanent. Apparently, she's been really busy with work again. So maybe after things calm down there, she'll reconsider.

I'm pretty sure @DJ has contact with her through Facebook, so maybe he has a better idea?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree. The clippers have proven to be very beatable whereas the Lakers have adapted to their opponent and made it to the WCF in only 10 games

Oh, I agree that the Lakers have definitely looked better than the Clips. Especially the last couple of games.

On paper, the Clippers are still better and deeper...but the Lakers have handled adversity during games and closeouts better.

Honestly, from what I've seen in these 2 series, I can't really make a good case for the Clippers to beat the Lakers based on how each team has played. So, for me, my prediction is based solely on what's on paper.

Like I said, I still think the Clips figure it out and win...but I really, really want to be wrong about that and I'm not as convinced as I was before this round of the playoffs.