• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: LA Clippers vs Denver Nuggets

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj saying the Clippers aren't really considering a coaching change.....

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's overrated as a coach. 2nd time his team blows a 3-1 lead since he's been the coach. There's no reason for him to remain with them

I agree that he's overrated. I think a lot of people, especially in NBA media because they are friendly with him and Doc is a good guy, have him as a "great" coach like he's just a tick away from Pop and on the tier with Rick Carlisle and Eric Spoelstra. He's not on those levels. He's a good coach, but he's not a great one.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj saying the Clippers aren't really considering a coaching change.....

Well, he has held together the Clippers' second round of the playoffs dynasty, and that kind of continuity is important.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Clippers wanna end the jinx they should get outta Los Angeles. Move to Seattle.

I have family in Southern California. I don't think I've ever met an actual Clippers fan. It's sad that the Sonics have been gone for so long. 2007 or 2008, I think. That's like a whole group of Seattle children that grew up without watching the Sonics.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, may have misspoke....but Donovan isn't there and they made decide to go full rebuild and trade Gallo, Adams, CP, etc and stockpile draft picks.....

That is what they tried to do last summer.

And now that CP3’s contract is less bad, they might be able to accomplish it this season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Clippers wanna end the jinx they should get outta Los Angeles. Move to Seattle.

lol

The Clippers are so desperate to get out from under the Lakers shadow...this has got to be killing Ballmer.

Dude just spent a shit ton of money to buy some land so he can build the Clips their own arena and this happens.

If the Lakers win the title this year...the Clippers may as well go to Seattle because they'll never get in the same stratosphere as Lakers ever again.

They're sitting at 5th as far as the team people in the area care about behind the Lakers, Dodgers, USC football (and they might not even have a season) and the Rams. If UCLA basketball was any good, they'd be ahead of them too. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Doc is staying? Lol.

Whats their game plan for next season then? Same as this year but this time they really really mean it?

Exactly.

Next year will be double playoff P!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. They will have more chemistry!!! And it still won’t be championship or bust!! According to Playoff P. No pressure!

Doc showed his ass post-game saying chemistry was an issue. You were up 3-1 on the Nuggets and had large leads in the 2nd half of the elimination games (5 and 6), yet you choked. That's the reason, not chemistry.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc showed his ass post-game saying chemistry was an issue. You were up 3-1 on the Nuggets and had large leads in the 2nd half of the elimination games (5 and 6), yet you choked. That's the reason, not chemistry.

Doc is supposed to be such a great motivator, yet he always gives up big leads. Hey Doc, don't sit out your star player for no reason...SA did it bc he had a nagging injury and SA already had chemistry. Be smarter Doc.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the chemistry thing is real. But they did it to themselves. They worried way too much about "load management" and letting "Kawhi be Kawhi".

Apparently, it wasn't just load management by sitting out 20 games. Kawhi also had demands that he wouldn't play in back to backs and wouldn't always be there for practice. It's hard enough to develop proper chemistry when you are doing the load management thing...but when you aren't even practicing together regularly, it's darn near impossible.

It'll be interesting to see if the Clips and Kawhi learn from this, or try doing the same thing again next year.