• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Trade Deadline

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with keeping Chapman. Veteran leadership and all. Still, I'd really like to see them get Holliday for Snell.
A lot more than vet leadership. One of the highest WAR for a 3B in the league.

I agree I hope they deal Snell, he will opt out at the end of this year and get more from another club, where he can win now.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking only for myself…I just want a direction. Like let’s sell sell or buy buy. I was ok when they held on to MadBum as a loyalty move to a tenured Giant. But it seems like most trade deadlines it’s a mix of both buy and sell and it never seems to turn out in our favor. If I was a player on the Giants under the Farhan regime, I’d feel like a number and have no loyalty to the front office whatsoever and definitely would be hesitant to sign there long term (unless they blow me away from other offers).

Just disappointed, no sense in mad anymore.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking only for myself…I just want a direction. Like let’s sell sell or buy buy. I was ok when they held on to MadBum as a loyalty move to a tenured Giant. But it seems like most trade deadlines it’s a mix of both buy and sell and it never seems to turn out in our favor. If I was a player on the Giants under the Farhan regime, I’d feel like a number and have no loyalty to the front office whatsoever and definitely would be hesitant to sign there long term (unless they blow me away from other offers).

Just disappointed, no sense in mad anymore.
They have not bought anything yet. Let’s see what happens in the next 2.5 hours, but I don’t see them buying anything outside of MAYBE a young, controllable CFer who can be moved to R or L next season.

maxrandomness

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I hope they deal Snell, he will opt out at the end of this year and get more from another club, where he can win now.
well with Cobb gone I’m betting they are keeping Snell
my guess is he is a proud player and wants to showwhat he is capable of here

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb was supposed to start tomorrow for us I believe, I’m guessing he will start sometime this week for his new team

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well with Cobb gone I’m betting they are keeping Snell
my guess is he is a proud player and wants to showwhat he is capable of here
Absolutely. He is also showcasing himself for the FA market this year. He still wants to get PAID.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have not bought anything yet. Let’s see what happens in the next 2.5 hours, but I don’t see them buying anything outside of MAYBE a young, controllable CFer who can be moved to R or L next season.
But this was like a soft sell…let’s do a sell sell (like Snell and Chapman and anybody else that will fetch something good - if the deal is there I know it takes two to tango). This seems to me like “we’re replacing old not very productive guys with young might be productive guys” without getting much back in return.

In a vacuum I’m not against any of the moves made. Just wish we’d push our chips in one way or the other.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this was like a soft sell…let’s do a sell sell (like Snell and Chapman and anybody else that will fetch something good - if the deal is there I know it takes two to tango). This seems to me like “we’re replacing old not very productive guys with young might be productive guys” without getting much back in return.

In a vacuum I’m not against any of the moves made. Just wish we’d push our chips in one way or the other.
I have no idea how much $$ a Snell start generates for the org. I don’t even have a guess for an estimate. Will his remaining starts cover the 5M left on his contract?

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the two are related.

Webb
Harrison
Ray
Birdsong
Hicks/Black/Roupp/Whisenhunt/Small
I think he stays unless the Giants are wowed with an offer, like they don’t have to pay any of his contract, plus someone back.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he stays unless the Giants are wowed with an offer, like they don’t have to pay any of his contract, plus someone back.
I believe Snell for a legit prospect package is “fair”. Maybe the Giants offer some injury contingency or something, but that would be it.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get rid of everyone in the front office. They have sucked for years.