• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Season

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,477.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was sharp in his first game for the Broncos as well. If you looking at his passing chart it was pretty much a bunch of quick outs and then deep along the sideline. He is fortunate that those deep shots worked out. Going to be interesting when teams force him to have to complete over the middle.
Even if he's not prime Russ he is still better for their passing offense than Fields who was good for the running game.....but struggled to throw the ball.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he's not prime Russ he is still better for their passing offense than Fields who was good for the running game.....but struggled to throw the ball.
Not disagreeing there. I do wonder though how far Russ can take them with this passing offense. Pickens is great at those jump balls so having a QB willing to make throws and give him a chance is a good thing, but that is such a high variance set up to expect that to work week in and week out.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing there. I do wonder though how far Russ can take them with this passing offense. Pickens is great at those jump balls so having a QB willing to make throws and give him a chance is a good thing, but that is such a high variance set up to expect that to work week in and week out.
That is why you need good secondary WR options. At WR the Steelers have zero but do have two good receiving TE's.
Unless they upgrade their WR's at some point prior to the trade deadline the reliance on Pickens doing this every week and will fail and fail miserably at some point.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the price of WR's might be going up and up.
TB lost both Evans and Godwin, 49ers losing Aiyuk, Williams possibly getting banned in Detroit and the Chiefs top WR's are out and have to rely on Ju-Ju,

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the price of WR's might be going up and up.
TB lost both Evans and Godwin, 49ers losing Aiyuk, Williams possibly getting banned in Detroit and the Chiefs top WR's are out and have to rely on Ju-Ju,
Time to call in Martavis Bryant & Josh Gordon.

Dkb7mlAXsAAMhAF

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why you need good secondary WR options. At WR the Steelers have zero but do have two good receiving TE's.
Unless they upgrade their WR's at some point prior to the trade deadline the reliance on Pickens doing this every week and will fail and fail miserably at some point.

Problem with Russ is he has historically not done great with TE's because so much of their work is over the middle of the field and if you look at his passing charts he might have 2 passes all game long that go over the middle of the field. Wilson throughout his career has talked about wanting to work on being able to throw from the pocket and throw over the middle. After so many years of him promising that he still has yet to improve in that area. Doesn't mean he can't have success just limits some of how you can attack.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with Russ is he has historically not done great with TE's because so much of their work is over the middle of the field and if you look at his passing charts he might have 2 passes all game long that go over the middle of the field. Wilson throughout his career has talked about wanting to work on being able to throw from the pocket and throw over the middle. After so many years of him promising that he still has yet to improve in that area. Doesn't mean he can't have success just limits some of how you can attack.

Yep that is part of my concern also and looking at the pass chart it continues.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is eligible to return week 8 from what I understand so not sure what is going on. Unless they plan on waiting until after the bye week?
"Obviously we'll leave the door open or light on, if you will"
"Let practice participation be our guide"

Blah blah blah

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, this really wasn't much to get him.

I know his numbers are awful this year but a lot of that has to do with Levis and Rudolph at QB. Also no longer having Henry to keep the QB position from being exposed hurts them even more.

With Hopkins gone, I wonder if they have had talks around a deal for Tyler Boyd?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, this really wasn't much to get him.

I know his numbers are awful this year but a lot of that has to do with Levis and Rudolph at QB. Also no longer having Henry to keep the QB position from being exposed hurts them even more.

With Hopkins gone, I wonder if they have had talks around a deal for Tyler Boyd?
Have to wonder what Khan has up his sleeve. He has proved that he hasn't been sitting idle. Cooper Kupp is the rumor of the week. Would be a big get. He's old & injury concerns are relevant, but this team needs to capitalize on its window.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to wonder what Khan has up his sleeve. He has proved that he hasn't been sitting idle. Cooper Kupp is the rumor of the week. Would be a big get. He's old & injury concerns are relevant, but this team needs to capitalize on its window.
The one time I agree with him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one time I agree with him.

Best case... They only have to give up a package of middle round picks.

But all signs point to a 2nd Rd pick being part of the deal. I've got mixed feelings on that. Hard to give up that high of draft capital for an aged, injury-prone WR. But I feel strongly enough about Kupp's potential that I feel its still worth it.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case... They only have to give up a package of middle round picks.

But all signs point to a 2nd Rd pick being part of the deal. I've got mixed feelings on that. Hard to give up that high of draft capital for an aged, injury-prone WR. But I feel strongly enough about Kupp's potential that I feel its still worth it.
Always a double edge sword. He could help them hypothetically win now but this team normally drafts well enough that mid round pick is very important.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always a double edge sword. He could help them hypothetically win now but this team normally drafts well enough that mid round pick is very important.
Agreed. Those mid round picks are where Khan & Co do their best work.

FWIW, even if they get Kupp, I hope they still find a way to land Mike Williams as well. Let CA3 and (hopefully) Roman battle it out for the inside scraps.

If all they come away with is Mike Williams, then they are going to desperately need Roman Wilson at some point.