• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Season

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the risk is the line not being able to protect an immobile quarterback.

Is Wilson really that immobile?

He ran for more than 300 yards with the Broncos last year. Obviously, a lot depends on the health of his calf, but the Steelers kept him out of action for six weeks to be certain it won't be an issue.

Wilson doesn't move as well as Fields, but few QBs do.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'd be a solid WR2. His injury history is the main problem I have. ALong with the fact they need a true WR1 lol. He aint it
Yeah I would not be against him coming in but I still wonder if he isn't healthy and not sure he can be relied on as much as they need him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He ran for more than 300 yards with the Broncos last year. Obviously, a lot depends on the health of his calf, but the Steelers kept him out of action for six weeks to be certain it won't be an issue.

I am worried that maybe the calf isn't good and he will be a statue back there and this offensive line is yet to show it can protect the QB. If Frasier cant go at center they have even more issues around protection.

Fields is RB who just happens to take snaps and throws a ball occasionally. I truly think his ability to run/avoid some sacks is making it seem like this o-line is serviceable. Whereas in reality it is subpar at best.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would not be against him coming in but I still wonder if he isn't healthy and not sure he can be relied on as much as they need him.
ANYTHING... literally anything is better than relying on what Jefferson & Miller are bringing to the table. Risk or not. But then again, they have Quez Watkins out there with elite speed that may bring something better to the table. Why they don't feel that is worth a try is beyond me.

The staff is sending a pretty loud message. Making a QB change when they are 4-2 means they aren't satisfied with what they have been doing. Maybe Russ can unlock the WR2/WR3 position better, but I think we all doubt that given the state of the offensive line & the playcalling in general. Russ is going to have to pull some vintage RW3 out of his ass to do so.

All that said however... I still think its an odd message to send when Fields has been one of the lone bright spots all season. He has his warts, but he is not the main problems that have been plaguing this team. Benching Broderick Jones & trading for a solid WR would have been my first moves before benching JF.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't know. I'm just repeating what I'm hearing lol.

I'm like a dead-sexy overweight parrot.

Addorable.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried that maybe the calf isn't good and he will be a statue back there and this offensive line is yet to show it can protect the QB. If Frasier cant go at center they have even more issues around protection.
As I said, I think they kept him out as long as they did to make sure he is healthy and minimize the risk of aggravating the calf.

Fields has been serviceable, and has made a lot of plays with his legs, but I think they feel he is leaving passing yards on the field that Wilson wouldn't.

They're lacking big plays and TDs through the air and they need to find out if Wilson can provide that.

Another thing is that play action is the core of Arthur Smith's offense. Wilson has been great at it throughout his career, while Fields tends to struggle with it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why start RW?

I don't get it.
Well according to Tomlin... While Fields has been playing well, he hasn't been great.

There is some truth there, but its pretty narrow minded. Fields has consistently been the lone bright spot on offense. He has plenty of room to improve. But he has been showing signs of growth every week. Feels like an odd choice to bench what appears to be your future at QB and go with your 1-year rental that is in decline.

Maybe they are just trying to send a message. Offense has been wildly inconsistent and they have been surviving on the back of their defense.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well according to Tomlin... While Fields has been playing well, he hasn't been great.

There is some truth there, but its pretty narrow minded. Fields has consistently been the lone bright spot on offense. He has plenty of room to improve. But he has been showing signs of growth every week. Feels like an odd choice to bench what appears to be your future at QB and go with your 1-year rental that is in decline.

Maybe they are just trying to send a message. Offense has been wildly inconsistent and they have been surviving on the back of their defense.

I have no idea what RW has looked like in practice, but my guess is that he throws the ball much better than Fields and maybe he has better chemistry with the WR’s? I’m kind of interested to see what he can do and if there is a glimpse of anything he once was……

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I think they kept him out as long as they did to make sure he is healthy and minimize the risk of aggravating the calf.

Fields has been serviceable, and has made a lot of plays with his legs, but I think they feel he is leaving passing yards on the field that Wilson wouldn't.

They're lacking big plays and TDs through the air and they need to find out if Wilson can provide that.

Another thing is that play action is the core of Arthur Smith's offense. Wilson has been great at it throughout his career, while Fields tends to struggle with it.
Not disagreeing with the later. Wilson is by far the better passer and you need to see what he got, as I stated, but I am not convinced his calf is healthy, but we will see.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JF has a reputation of being a real team player. So he'll do and say anything to help the team. And if it means helping put out fires about him being passed over for Russ, then so be it.