• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags

I wouldn’t put to much stock in some shit that happened years ago in the bubble.
You’re probably right. Mental health history coming to play in the Philly media fish bowl couldn’t possibly go wrong.
As far as I’m concerned, George fully redeemed himself when he got the Clips to their only WCF with no Kawhi.

By his own admission, he has mental health issues.
On a more serious note, Lane Johnson has publicly talked about having similar issues and the fans treated him with compassion. If he wasn’t arguably the best RT in football for a decade and a Super Bowl champion that might have gone the other way.

I don’t want to say that in Philly you have to perform. We always lose. We know who we are. Losing is what we do most of the time. It’s about the give a fuck. Do they buy in. Do they give the effort. If PG gives his best he will be fine.
He has addressed them and moved forward.

Dude had to carry us.

He’s your third option.

Y’all good.
When you live in Embiid World this shit is the least of my worries. Nothing matters if that brittle bitch can’t stay healthy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that’s something to play him at the 4 next to kawhi

Do they think brown is a bust?
He’s a year away from cracking the rotation as anything other than an emergency big….imo

I like Diabate more than Brown at this point.

But Diabate is just taller Great Value version of Derek Jones Jr.

You just can’t use a real roster spot on him while playing Jones Jr and Dunn significant minutes.

#BrickSquad

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the day today I will have worked 56 hours this week....

Off Friday and Saturday since we traveling for a funeral.

Just saying a lack of free personal time makes days disappear quicker. Adulthood brings far too much scheduled time for work and other necessities, especially if you have children. The sudden change to nothing but free time once you retire could be a shock to the system.

I doubt I'll be financially secure enough to retire for quite a while, so I don't know that I'll experience that in the foreseeable future.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspect in her killing is Jose Ibarra, a Venezuelan citizen who entered the U.S. illegally in 2022, according to police.

:nono:

Illegal immigrants vs legal immigrants. You aren't smart enough to understand the difference. Turns out your fat ass slob middle is in the same condition as your brain. Lol :dhd:

Your bile has never been focused solely on illegal aliens. Your posts today have no inclusion of "illegal" until this one I'm responding to.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was in graduate school a number of years ago, I did a non-published simple research study (Sample size, 238 people, Level of Statistical significance, p< 0.05, Subjects were randomly selected, no control group, non-parametric statistics were used).

As a kid (pre-mid 20's), time is perceived to be very slow and things always appear to take forever. Then around the late 20's to early 40's, experienced time passage is perceived that somebody somewhere in the universe flips a switch to warp speed without telling a given individual. Time flies and we simply can't seem to slow it all down to a more comfortable speed.

The results of my informal study indicated that, on average, the age range where warp speed is activated is between the ages of 37 and 42. These findings were fairly consistent. I did reach Statistical significance at p<0.038.

For folks past the fourth decade of life, many wanted me to redefine my speed category description to include super-warp speed but that would require a whole new approach to the study's hypothesis and I told many, I'd check back later with them.

Reality is what is. Perception maybe something a bit different.

What an excellent breakdown. Thanks for the explanation. And everything you said is spot-on.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes! Awesome immigrants that started important companies and created families and demonstrated American values!

These were Americans at heart that hadn't made it here yet. Great people. And from Europe!!

So you're just racist. No need to continue this "discourse"...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, why y’all talking about this nonsense here?

But since you are…

Care to take a Avatar bet wager?

I don’t believe this will happen.

I think the Democrats have just insured it will be Trump in a landslide.

But in the off chance Kamala wins, here’s your Avatar.

You can pick whatever you like for me to sport for a full calendar week if Trump wins.

You have to post in this thread at least 3 x’s.

No just disappearing and shit.

Deal?

View attachment 368607
I don't vote based on illegal immigration. My interactions are not negative enough and mostly positive. My point was the black guy in Paris with a job hates the immigrants in his city. I never heard the problem with them articulated so well. Talk to a Californian about the homeless, for example, and it's much more crass and dull.

Anyway, no bet. I'm going to vote for kamala. I like bitches that suck dicks to get to the top. Shows character. And no offense, but that avatar also looks pretty gay.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re probably right. Mental health history coming to play in the Philly media fish bowl couldn’t possibly go wrong.

On a more serious note, Lane Johnson has publicly talked about having similar issues and the fans treated him with compassion. If he wasn’t arguably the best RT in football for a decade and a Super Bowl champion that might have gone the other way.

I don’t want to say that in Philly you have to perform. We always lose. We know who we are. Losing is what we do most of the time. It’s about the give a fuck. Do they buy in. Do they give the effort. If PG gives his best he will be fine.

When you live in Embiid World this shit is the least of my worries. Nothing matters if that brittle bitch can’t stay healthy.
He’s not the toughest when it comes to taking criticism.

He takes it far to personally.

But the guy cares about winning.

I hope Philly fans and media take his nature into consideration before just deciding to blast the guy if things don’t go well.

I can’t decide if he did a brave thing by embracing the challenge and willingly placing himself in the crosshairs of such a unflinchingly FEROCIOUS fandom or if he is insane for subjecting himself to what may come.

Just win and it won’t matter, I guess?

For the most part, although players weren’t initially ecstatic over their new setup, they were given no other choice. The LA Clippers, amongst many teams, appeared to thrive in their new atmosphere. However, Paul George struggled mightily to adjust to life in the bubble.

Candidly, George has openly admitted that being confined in the NBA’s bubble was disastrous for his mental health. Up until now, however, George hasn’t exactly revealed some of the deeper rooted issues he suffered from. That is, until now.

A lot of it was just weighing on me,” said George. “For one, I wasn’t sleeping. I don’t know what it was. I probably went a good week and a half, two weeks of zero sleep, like zero sleep – no lie. I would lay in bed and my mind would just be racing, just racing, just racing.”

I wasn’t sleeping,” continued George. “So you put that on top of having a bad game and ain’t nothing else to do there. You’re surrounded by basketball, there’s no escape, there’s no outlets. We’re stuck in our rooms in a hotel. All we got is our phones. You get on social media – oh it’s a meme here, it’s a joke there. So you mix all of that on top of not sleeping and I didn’t know what to do, I was just lost.”

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't vote based on illegal immigration. My interactions are not negative enough and mostly positive. My point was the black guy in Paris with a job hates the immigrants in his city. I never heard the problem with them articulated so well. Talk to a Californian about the homeless, for example, and it's much more crass and dull.

Anyway, no bet. I'm going to vote for kamala. I like bitches that suck dicks to get to the top. Shows character. And no offense, but that avatar also looks pretty gay.
Yes, the avatar does look extremely happy.

Cheerful and bright is the literal definition of gay.

You nailed it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure but to me time moves more quickly with work/responsibility. Whereas watching my son play football is at most 2 hours and feels like it takes longer. The moments I have "free" I focus and appreciate and they seem to last longer in my brain versus being at work or whatever

Yeah, that's how I see it. The busier you are/the more responsibilities you have, the faster time feels like it moves.

Example...when you're a kid, Christmas takes forever to arrive because all you have to do is open presents...but when you're the parent who has to pay for all of those presents...it comes up quick. lol