• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 8 franchises with more than 2 titles in the history of the NBA.

2 of the 3 teams with 2 titles haven't won in the past 29 years.

Rockets', Bulls' and Spurs' titles were short time frame tied to one dominant player, which could've applied to any team that had acquired that player.

The outlier titles are just that, outliers. Not very statistically relevant in the grand scheme.

Most all of the titles are tied to a dominant player

MJ and Lebron have been in like half of the finals over the last 30 years. Spurs was a short time frame? What...12 years? Lol.

Boston managed to rebuild their team through amazing trades moreso than free agent dominance.

Point being i dont think its as market related as youre implying.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,330.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No regrets on what got me there. Doing what I did set up my family pretty well, no debt outside of mortgage, comfortable living for the family. Just got to the point that I was not the guy my wife married when I came home anymore, so I fixed it.

Way better life now, looking forward to getting back to work I enjoy.
Sure, just saying find something you enjoy is all.

Stress can be a killer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, PG melted down.

But it wasn’t just him.

Montrezl tried to beat PG up because he didn’t want to play and everything just went to total shit after that.

It wasn’t just George.

But people are trying to portray it that way because of his mental health shit going public.

Kawhi was ass.

Lemon Pepper Lou happened.

Team collapsed.

But it was PG who actually said the shit out load and wanted to quit up 3-1.

Trezl was wrong threatening violence But he came back from his own shit to play so took that shit George said very personally.

Montrezl Harrell: That’s why a lot of people, I think, don’t like me. At the end of the day, everybody’s out here in between these lines because we’re trying to, one, feed our family, but, two do some shit for the team, for the organization, for the city. Real talk. I came back to the Bubble for this, after having to bury my grandma in the ground, bro. The person who raised me, the reason I play this game. I was so fucked up mentally, more than I even knew. Alright, with that in mind…. I told P right then and there, in front of coaches and everybody, “I will knock you the fuck out, bro. You’re trippin’. You was wrong, bro. You’re WRONG.”

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there no competitive balance before a salary cap and all of the restrictions? Did the league not grow under those conditions?

I'd rather reward teams for trying to compete, than punish them for it.

Lowering how much a teams own FA's counts against the cap allows teams to keep more of their own FA's and frees up money to put better support players around them.

Own FA can be a number of things.

It could be as simple as your own drafted players that have reached FA and FA's you sign away from other teams always have their full salary against the cap, no matter how many times you re-sign them.

If you want to get a little more complicated, it could be that the FA you signed from another team counts fully against the cap for the first contract, then has only a portion count against the cap on any subsequent re-signings.
The salary cap started in '85 and free agency in '88. So there has not been free agency without a salary cap.

There was growth and competitive balance before the salary cap because the team that brought you into the league owned you unless they decided to trade you to get value back.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags

I wouldn’t put to much stock in some shit that happened years ago in the bubble.

As far as I’m concerned, George fully redeemed himself when he got the Clips to their only WCF with no Kawhi.

By his own admission, he has mental health issues.

He has addressed them and moved forward.

Dude had to carry us.

He’s your third option.

Y’all good.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags

I wouldn’t put to much stock in some shit that happened years ago in the bubble.

As far as I’m concerned, George fully redeemed himself when he got the Clips to their only WCF with no Kawhi.

By his own admission, he has mental health issues.

He has addressed them and moved forward.

Dude had to carry us.

He’s your third option.

Y’all good.

Hopefully he wilts line cheap house plant in April….again

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspect in her killing is Jose Ibarra, a Venezuelan citizen who entered the U.S. illegally in 2022, according to police.

:nono:

Illegal immigrants vs legal immigrants. You aren't smart enough to understand the difference. Turns out your fat ass slob middle is in the same condition as your brain. Lol :dhd:
Hey, why y’all talking about this nonsense here?

But since you are…

Care to take a Avatar bet wager?

I don’t believe this will happen.

I think the Democrats have just insured it will be Trump in a landslide.

But in the off chance Kamala wins, here’s your Avatar.

You can pick whatever you like for me to sport for a full calendar week if Trump wins.

You have to post in this thread at least 3 x’s.

No just disappearing and shit.

Deal?

IMG_1714.jpeg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone posted but if not had heard Clips may have been kicking tires on a sign and trade for Okoro (along with usual suspects).
They need to address the 4/5 spot and get some shooting.

I’m starting to get so desperate that I’m making moon eyes at Davis Bertans.

Covington, Morris Sr still out there.

Also, undersized options like Crowder and Hayward.

We would be so screwed, well even more screwed, had Batum not returned.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to address the 4/5 spot and get some shooting.

I’m starting to get so desperate that I’m making moon eyes at Davis Bertans.

Covington, Morris Sr still out there.

Also, undersized options like Crowder and Hayward.

We would be so screwed, well even more screwed, had Batum not returned.

Yeah that’s something to play him at the 4 next to kawhi

Do they think brown is a bust?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. And my 20's went by way too fast. And it's only gone by faster since then.

When I was in graduate school a number of years ago, I did a non-published simple research study (Sample size, 238 people, Level of Statistical significance, p< 0.05, Subjects were randomly selected, no control group, non-parametric statistics were used).

As a kid (pre-mid 20's), time is perceived to be very slow and things always appear to take forever. Then around the late 20's to early 40's, experienced time passage is perceived that somebody somewhere in the universe flips a switch to warp speed without telling a given individual. Time flies and we simply can't seem to slow it all down to a more comfortable speed.

The results of my informal study indicated that, on average, the age range where warp speed is activated is between the ages of 37 and 42. These findings were fairly consistent. I did reach Statistical significance at p<0.038.

For folks past the fourth decade of life, many wanted me to redefine my speed category description to include super-warp speed but that would require a whole new approach to the study's hypothesis and I told many, I'd check back later with them.

Reality is what is. Perception maybe something a bit different.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was in graduate school a number of years ago, I did a non-published simple research study (Sample size, 238 people, Level of Statistical significance, p< 0.05, Subjects were randomly selected).

As a kid (pre-mid 20's), time is perceived to be very slow and things always appear to take forever. Then around the late 20's to early 40's, it is perceived that somebody somewhere in the universe flips a switch to warp speed without telling a given individual. Time flies and we simply can't seem to slow it all down to a more comfortable speed. The results of my informal study indicated that, on average, the age range where warp speed is activated is between the ages of 37 and 42. These findings were fairly consistent.

For folks past the fourth decade of life, many wanted me to redefine my speed category description to include super-warp speed but that would require a whole new approach to the study's hypothesis and I told many, I'd check back later with them.

Reality is what is. Perception maybe something a bit different.

Directly related to the amount of time we spend with work and other responsibilities.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Stakesarehigh, that would be another more complicated correlational study to tease out the exact contributing factors to the perception of the passage time. That would be a def interesting study though and it would probably have to have a much bigger sample size and go much longer than the three months that I did with my simple little survey study!

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Stakesarehigh, that would be another more complicated correlational study to tease out the exact contributing factors to the perception of the passage time. That would be a def interesting study though and it would probably have to have a much bigger sample size and go much longer than the three months that I did with my simple little survey study!

For sure but to me time moves more quickly with work/responsibility. Whereas watching my son play football is at most 2 hours and feels like it takes longer. The moments I have "free" I focus and appreciate and they seem to last longer in my brain versus being at work or whatever

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, why y’all talking about this nonsense here?

But since you are…

Care to take a Avatar bet wager?

I don’t believe this will happen.

I think the Democrats have just insured it will be Trump in a landslide.

But in the off chance Kamala wins, here’s your Avatar.

You can pick whatever you like for me to sport for a full calendar week if Trump wins.

You have to post in this thread at least 3 x’s.

No just disappearing and shit.

Deal?

View attachment 368607

I'm voting for Kamala just to see this dude have to have this avy