• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more to the team than AD and Lebron. Those two indeed were about as healthy as can be expected.

Vando is their key defender, he definitely makes a difference in the W/L column. They were also missing their MLE signing Gabe Vincent for virtually the entire season, another defensive presence. They only got 50 games out of Wood, could've helped down the stretch (but that's a minor loss).

Essentially, if Vando and Vincent are healthy, they have 4 key additions to the roster compared to the majority of last season in Vando, Vincent, Knecht and Redick. They should also have Christie elevated over Reddish, another improvement.

Yeah, folks see the number of games Lebron and AD played and assume the Lakers were healthy because in previous seasons, Lebron and AD were the ones struggling with injury and everyone else was healthy.

This year, they "flipped the script". lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we met at Rivals. Talking about SportsHoopla.

I am banned on rivals
I knew we met at Rivals (thought mentioning that was almost taboo here). I must have misunderstood what you were saying to thunder.

will say do wish the CFB forum here was more like that one in it's heyday.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew we met at Rivals (thought mentioning that was almost taboo here). I must have misunderstood what you were saying to thunder.

will say do wish the CFB forum here was more like that one in it's heyday.

Janty and Autzen are weirdos. And so is the group that came here and left.

I used to like Janty though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Janty and Autzen are weirdos. And so is the group that came here and left.

I used to like Janty though.
If who I am thinking I liked Janty....agree Autzen a little out there. I think the group that came and left was before I got here.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If who I am thinking I liked Janty....agree Autzen a little out there. I think the group that came and left was before I got here.

Yes it was. Toad got banned pretty quick. They'd rather post on the 5th quarter with like 20 of them then be small fish in a big pond here.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,330.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more to the team than AD and Lebron. Those two indeed were about as healthy as can be expected.

Vando is their key defender, he definitely makes a difference in the W/L column. They were also missing their MLE signing Gabe Vincent for virtually the entire season, another defensive presence. They only got 50 games out of Wood, could've helped down the stretch (but that's a minor loss).

Essentially, if Vando and Vincent are healthy, they have 4 key additions to the roster compared to the majority of last season in Vando, Vincent, Knecht and Redick. They should also have Christie elevated over Reddish, another improvement.
Exactly.

But, it's the Lakers so people will act like they don't understand all of the sudden.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is what this is trying to do. Make it so those that would spend money and pay tax to win are on a more level playing field than those that want to stay under the tax.

Parity is good for the league, unless you are a Lakers, Celtics, or Heat fan. Just look how happy everyone was that small market Indiana took out big market New York this postseason. The only thing I didn't like about it is having to see so much Reggie Miller

Why should teams that are willing to spend to put the best team they can on the floor be punished for it?

Also, on the one hand, the cba is supposedly set up in a way that allows teams to keep the star players longer. It does that pretty well. The problem is, it doesn't do much to help them add contending talent or keep it.

I'd like to see teams signing their own free agents only have a portion of their salary count against the cap.

So, if you're the Lakers and you want to sign Lebron...his full salary counts against your cap. But if your OKC and you're resigning Chet, only a portion of his salary counts against the cap.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,330.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was. Toad got banned pretty quick. They'd rather post on the 5th quarter with like 20 of them then be small fish in a big pond here.
That Toad guy is a huge douche/asshat....not surprised at all.....

When I joined here in the summer of 2014 a bunch of us came over from Sports Illustrated's Fan Nation and a huge part of the refugees came from a private group....where there was hardly any moderation and people started testing boundaries quickly here.

Well, suffice to say I think myself, @Mecca of the “B” Team, @Wamu and @Cyder are the only ones left.....might be a few others I cannot remember.

But, most saw the ban-hammer warm up and banish them.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should teams that are willing to spend to put the best team they can on the floor be punished for it?

Also, on the one hand, the cba is supposedly set up in a way that allows teams to keep the star players longer. It does that pretty well. The problem is, it doesn't do much to help them add contending talent or keep it.

I'd like to see teams signing their own free agents only have a portion of their salary count against the cap.

So, if you're the Lakers and you want to sign Lebron...his full salary counts against your cap. But if your OKC and you're resigning Chet, only a portion of his salary counts against the cap.
Player development where it’s going to be

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Toad guy is a huge douche/asshat....not surprised at all.....

When I joined here in the summer of 2014 a bunch of us came over from Sports Illustrated's Fan Nation and a huge part of the refugees came from a private group....where there was hardly any moderation and people started testing boundaries quickly here.

Well, suffice to say I think myself, @Mecca of the “B” Team, @Wamu and @Cyder are the only ones left.....might be a few others I cannot remember.

But, most saw the ban-hammer warm up and banish them.

The only reason I’m here is the board that hosted our college fantasy league sold off and finally closed (mid draft….) so we had to find a new home