• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine him making the Lakers, unless it's solely for the fact to play with his dad. He's not a top 15 player in the organization, probably not top 20.

And yeah, Scheierman had a shitty game. But he also avg 16 PPG, 8.5 RPG on 37.5% shooting from 3 the last two seasons playing on a team that made back to back Elite 8's. Bronny avg 4 PPG on a bad USC team.

He's made the Lakers. He was drafted and signed a 4 year contract. He will be the 15th man on the squad for as long as Lebron is a Laker (if not longer if earned), but play almost all of his minutes with South Bay at least this season. He'll get some minutes here and there to play with Pops when it's not crucial minutes during games.

Scheierman is going to be 24 this season (Bronny turns 20 in October). I would hope his game is a bit more established than Bronny's lol.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See if I’m trying to acquire talent I want to do that before Ainge can get another stupid 5 picks for Gobert trade again fucking with the market.
That trade is looking less terrible every year. That is obviously pending what Ainge does with the picks. His trade with the Cavs looks liker a bigger win for him at this point.

Even if he does turn the late picks into gold it is not terrible for the Wolves. They would not have had the same stockpile to turn it into anything. I hated the trade early, but turned out solid for wolves. Even better if you count part 2 where they got Conley and NAW for Russell.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he likely has to trade him by the trade deadline this year. After that he loses value as his contract will catch up to him or lose him for nothing.

They're not going to lose him for nothing. They likely extend him as soon as he is eligible in early August.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think it was just last year the Sixers had BBall Paul playing. It’s gay.

I appreciate the rookies having a chance to get acclimated to all the other shit around team activities and getting a little bit of run. But it’s not super valuable. Most of these guys are going to be asked to play an 8-12 minute a game role and be the 4th or 5th option on the floor. But in summer league that guy is encouraged to take 25 shots and be something he isn’t.

Made me so mad last year to see Sixers having Jaden Springer playing on ball and trying to get his own shot when there was no chance he would play that role with the Sixers last season.

Lakers had Christie playing last season, but shut him down after one game essentially. He didn't have anything to prove at that level and the injury potential wasn't worth hit.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not going to lose him for nothing. They likely extend him as soon as he is eligible in early August.
That was the first option I listed. His value still drops a lot at that point. Right now he is an All Star making 18. After extension he is an All Star at likely 35. He loses value once he is extended.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SL doesn't matter but if you think it does....more to the game than just offense.

You may have missed the game where he had 3 blocks and 3 steals? He rebounds the ball for a guard, passes, and plays defense.
I mean, you'd rather look good than not in SL but, sure, far from end all be all.

Does seem pretty clear, though, that if he's any other player he's spending a lot of time in the G League if they really want him to develop (and play a lot). If LA prefers a sideshow and sitting him on end of bench to be with and maybe play with Dad? I guess not too much harm in that.

And as many have said...it is a good story.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's made the Lakers. He was drafted and signed a 4 year contract. He will be the 15th man on the squad for as long as Lebron is a Laker (if not longer if earned), but play almost all of his minutes with South Bay at least this season. He'll get some minutes here and there to play with Pops when it's not crucial minutes during games.

Scheierman is going to be 24 this season (Bronny turns 20 in October). I would hope his game is a bit more established than Bronny's lol.

I should have clarified, I can't imagine him playing on the Lakers unless it's just to play with Lebron. He just doesn't deserve it, based on his performance, to even play over the guys in the G League at this point, at least that were on last year's roster.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am bummed about Leonard Miller so far. I honestly thought he was likely to take the next big jump. He does not appear to be ready for NBA minutes. Still only 20, so I hope he hits his potential.

Jaylen Clark on minutes restriction, but when he is on the floor his defense is something else.

Yeah wolves are like the nuggets stuck hoping their young guys leap

Still weird they got absolutely nothing for tradinf slo mo

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to agree to disagree, @fightinfunbags.

I will say even when we disagree (and that's like 75-80% of the time, we rarely agree) its fun and good to have you back.

To quote the great Morgan Freeman in Shawshank...."The place wasn't the same without you, Andy."

It would be boring if all we did was agree. Still cracking up over clerk at Best Buy comment.
Reminds me of these dudes (and don't mean this as a bad thing)....

1721140940397.png

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade is looking less terrible every year. That is obviously pending what Ainge does with the picks. His trade with the Cavs looks liker a bigger win for him at this point.

Even if he does turn the late picks into gold it is not terrible for the Wolves. They would not have had the same stockpile to turn it into anything. I hated the trade early, but turned out solid for wolves. Even better if you count part 2 where they got Conley and NAW for Russell.
Trade with Cavs does seem like a good one for him....though as a Cav fan with Mitchell signed I would not undo it if I could. Will say a case could be made we should, but I wouldn't.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 @CitySushi

Bruh.

Do you think he’s the missing piece to another chip?

If not, don’t go full Clippers.

Shams: 'I don't think the Jazz want to move Lauri Markkanen'

i_e4_83_8e_lauri-markkanen.png

“I don’t think [the Jazz] want to move Lauri Markkanen,” Charania told hosts Rob Perez, Amin Elhassan and during while at NBA Summer League in Las Vegas.

“But if the Golden State Warriors put in a Brandin Podziemski and from what I’m told, three first-round picks, three or four unprotected pick swaps, three or four second-round picks…

” At that point, one of the hosts mentioned breakout wing Jonathan Kuminga as a potential name in trade talks. “Kuminga is a name but I think, for everything I’m told, the Jazz are more focused on Brandin Podziemski and his inclusion in the deal,”

Charania said. “All the picks being in the deal. And I think from the Warriors perspective, it’s Podziemski, but then there’s not all the picks and if it’s all the picks, then there’s not going to be a Podziemski

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have clarified, I can't imagine him playing on the Lakers unless it's just to play with Lebron. He just doesn't deserve it, based on his performance, to even play over the guys in the G League at this point, at least that were on last year's roster.
At the start of the Season, he will be with the Varsity club.

Like it or not, the first pro father and son duo to play a real NBA game together will put asses in the seats, eyes on the the screen.

Add in the fact that it’s Lebron, and it’s ratings and marketing GOLD.

The Bronny jerseys will be flying off the shelves.

Everyone knows this kid is not a pro level player.

Doesn’t mean he can’t grow into one in a few years.

Again: see Gary Payton Jr.

I feel really bad for this kid and hope his mental health stays solid.

He didn’t ask for all this fuckery, his dad did.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 @CitySushi

Bruh.

“I don’t think [the Jazz] want to move Lauri Markkanen,” Charania told hosts Rob Perez, Amin Elhassan and during while at NBA Summer League in Las Vegas.

“But if the Golden State Warriors put in a Brandin Podziemski and from what I’m told, three first-round picks, three or four unprotected pick swaps, three or four second-round picks…

” At that point, one of the hosts mentioned breakout wing Jonathan Kuminga as a potential name in trade talks. “Kuminga is a name but I think, for everything I’m told, the Jazz are more focused on Brandin Podziemski and his inclusion in the deal,”

Charania said. “All the picks being in the deal. And I think from the Warriors perspective, it’s Podziemski, but then there’s not all the picks and if it’s all the picks, then there’s not going to be a Podziemski
Yeah I’m pretty sure Presti found out that they really don’t want to trade him before he made the moves he did.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 @CitySushi

Bruh.

Him on okc or hou would be really fun

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the start of the Season, he will be with the Varsity club.

Like it or not, the first pro father and son duo to play a real NBA game together will put asses in the seats, eyes on the the screen.

Add in the fact that it’s Lebron, and it’s ratings and marketing GOLD.

The Bronny jerseys will be flying off the shelves.

Everyone knows this kid is not a pro level player.

Doesn’t mean he can’t grow into one in a few years.

Again: see Gary Payton Jr.

I feel really bad for this kid and hope his mental health stays solid.

He didn’t ask for all this fuckery, his dad did.

He also could’ve stayed in school and worked out for more than 2 teams

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also could’ve stayed in school and worked out for more than 2 teams
That was Lebron and Rich Paul’s doing, I’m sure.

But absolutely.

It’s not always easy for a young man to break away from his family and stand on his own two feet.

That has to be magnified by 1k when your name is Lebron James Jr and you want to play basketball.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him on okc or hou would be really fun
OKC could afford the price and still be flushed with picks.

But I’m already having a hard time believing they are paying Hartenstein 30 mil per to come off the bench.

Adding Laurie puts that rumor in permanent marker, instead of pencil.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Lebron and Rich Paul’s doing, I’m sure.

But absolutely.

It’s not always easy for a young man to break away from his family and stand on his own two feet.

That has to be magnified by 1k when your name is Lebron James Jr and you want to play basketball.
And when you already have all the money you will ever need

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC could afford the price and still be flushed with picks.

But I’m already having a hard time believing they are paying Hartenstein 30 mil per to come off the bench.

Adding Laurie puts that rumor in permanent marker, instead of pencil.
He will end up starting against some teams, or in effect starting with the minutes he is playing. They are absolutely planning on a lot of minutes with both he and Chet on the floor.