• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s got 2 things going for him besides dad

He is a plus nba athlete and he has an advanced feel for the game well beyond his years

Is it enough?

Probably not

He needs to shoot to have a chance
Fair points.

But, guys like Payton Jr and Pippen Jr improved their shooting. Heck, Thybulle can defend and he has improved his outside shot.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am bummed about Leonard Miller so far. I honestly thought he was likely to take the next big jump. He does not appear to be ready for NBA minutes. Still only 20, so I hope he hits his potential.

Jaylen Clark on minutes restriction, but when he is on the floor his defense is something else.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't decide if I want to report your bullshit to get you a timeout. Funbags got a 2 week site ban for using this word too much.

You're an awful poster but it doesn't bother me that you post so I'll probably not do anything.
I'm sure you have the same coat.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why there is such a rush to anoint this kid. He'll get there, relax lol.
Do you know how the nba works? They can only exist if they hype hype hype hype hype.

The game isn't good enough on its own. Not the way they play it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha don’t fuck with Ainge. I really like Lauri and it’s a way to potentially extend the Curry window but this is a ransom.

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to agree to disagree, @fightinfunbags.

I will say even when we disagree (and that's like 75-80% of the time, we rarely agree) its fun and good to have you back.

To quote the great Morgan Freeman in Shawshank...."The place wasn't the same without you, Andy."

It would be boring if all we did was agree. Still cracking up over clerk at Best Buy comment.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have that kind of power? I’m merely observing what is out there. People hate LeBron as it is and he takes that because his game speaks for itself. People can’t wait to come for his kid. This is selfish as all get out. It’s just not right.
Lol lebron is a piece of shit. Un-American low life trash. No way bronny could be as big a piece of shit. No reason to attack the kid. Stupid thought from you.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha don’t fuck with Ainge. I really like Lauri and it’s a way to potentially extend the Curry window but this is a ransom.

Keeping kuminga makes that not as insane imo.

Utah is pretty loaded with picks already but this would give them okc levels of ammo

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t translate summer league to the real league.

Of course not. It usually devolves into pick-up level play at best, full of me-first play like a full tournament version of the G League Ignite, only with far less talent. The teams that are excelling are the ones loaded with guys that don't need to be playing the summer league. Jaquez and Whitmore, seriously lol?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's just stringing along teams with the idea they can actually trade for Markkanen. He's extension eligible in a few weeks. If they sign him quickly, he'll still be tradeable at the deadline (and we can enjoy this circus again).

Danny just loves holding the whole league hostage, lol. Trade market has stalled waiting for Markkanen news.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. It usually devolves into pick-up level play at best, full of me-first play like a full tournament version of the G League Ignite, only with far less talent. The teams that are excelling are the ones loaded with guys that don't need to be playing the summer league. Jaquez and Whitmore, seriously lol?
If either Jaquez or Whitmore get hurt....their teams will regret it big time.

SMH.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just stringing along teams with the idea they can actually trade for Markkanen. He's extension eligible in a few weeks. If they sign him quickly, he'll still be tradeable at the deadline (and we can enjoy this circus again).

Danny just loves holding the whole league hostage, lol. Trade market has stalled waiting for Markkanen news.
He loves to try and drive up the value of his players....LOL.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think it was just last year the Sixers had BBall Paul playing. It’s gay.

I appreciate the rookies having a chance to get acclimated to all the other shit around team activities and getting a little bit of run. But it’s not super valuable. Most of these guys are going to be asked to play an 8-12 minute a game role and be the 4th or 5th option on the floor. But in summer league that guy is encouraged to take 25 shots and be something he isn’t.

Made me so mad last year to see Sixers having Jaden Springer playing on ball and trying to get his own shot when there was no chance he would play that role with the Sixers last season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. He's already made the Lakers and will play much of the season at the G league. His shooting has been awful, but it doesn't deter the rest of his game.

Funny how nobody complained about Scheierman's shooting last night, lol. His game is based on shooting, hit his first 3 and missed everything else, 1-7.

I can't imagine him making the Lakers, unless it's solely for the fact to play with his dad. He's not a top 15 player in the organization, probably not top 20.

And yeah, Scheierman had a shitty game. But he also avg 16 PPG, 8.5 RPG on 37.5% shooting from 3 the last two seasons playing on a team that made back to back Elite 8's. Bronny avg 4 PPG on a bad USC team.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See if I’m trying to acquire talent I want to do that before Ainge can get another stupid 5 picks for Gobert trade again fucking with the market.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it though. Ainge doesn’t need to trade him (yet). He can project that
I would say he likely has to trade him by the trade deadline this year. After that he loses value as his contract will catch up to him or lose him for nothing.