• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, as he mentions later that wasn't some big revelation, odds were they wouldn't win the title. But when Mecca and I were saying they definitely wouldn't but were setting up to win one soon, that this was the growing year teams always have before winning, he just kept pushing back instead of saying 'yeah I know, I'm just pumping up my guys'.

Again, no big deal, it's called being a fan. But you gotta own it, he's a huge homer who pretends he is being objective.
That is the thing about sports. You can be set up for success or multiple championships and in one year the tide turns the other way. There is no guarantee. Not saying you said that either just saying....a young team with a ton of potential. I heard that before with KD, Russ and Harden. Winning one is tough. You also then need a lot of things to go right to win multiple titles. Definitely got to give props to the W's and other franchises that can pull it off

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had so much leverage why did he waive any trade veto rights he had?
Not sure. It’s a 1 and 1 and he’s likely opting out next summer.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the thing about sports. You can be set up for success or multiple championships and in one year the tide turns the other way. There is no guarantee. Not saying you said that either just saying....a young team with a ton of potential. I heard that before with KD, Russ and Harden. Winning one is tough. You also then need a lot of things to go right to win multiple titles. Definitely got to give props to the W's and other franchises that can pull it off
I think in this case it's more the almost universal truth that young teams without playoff experience or at least significant playoff tested veteran leadership never win titles that first go around. They need that one run like the Warriors had in 2014 before they won in 2015. OKC fits the mold perfectly, they had their test run, now I think they are every bit as likely to win a title the next couple years as any other team, and are one of the 5-6 true contenders for 2025.

We kept explaining this to thunder, it wasn't an attack on OKC, just how it goes in the NBA. Mecca and I both are very respectful of OKC almost to the point of rooting for them, but that wasn't enough for him lol

I agree with your take about how hard it is to win titles, even teams with all the ingredients often fall short. Luck is a big factor in every title.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in this case it's more the almost universal truth that young teams without playoff experience or at least significant playoff tested veteran leadership never win titles that first go around. They need that one run like the Warriors had in 2014 before they won in 2015. OKC fits the mold perfectly, they had their test run, now I think they are every bit as likely to win a title the next couple years as any other team, and are one of the 5-6 true contenders for 2025.

We kept explaining this to thunder, it wasn't an attack on OKC, just how it goes in the NBA. Mecca and I both are very respectful of OKC almost to the point of rooting for them, but that wasn't enough for him lol
And you had every chance of being right, and it worked out that way. But the things I was saying are still true, it just didn’t work out. The Thunder had a pretty historic shooting season, I sure hope they can follow it up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with your take about how hard it is to win titles, even teams with all the ingredients often fall short. Luck is a big factor in every title.
Agree but I mean even long-term. The future looks bright for OKC and other teams but you really never know. I am not saying there is a Bron-like player in the west but Lebron dominated the east for years and nobody else had a shot. I am not saying that could be the case with Luka but Dallas just got better, more veterans and Luka has real championship experience which is big for a superstar player. Add in Minny who is young. The West is tough. The top of the east is tough too.

And wait...in 3 years or so San Antonio will be there too LOL

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you had every chance of being right, and it worked out that way. But the things I was saying are still true, it just didn’t work out. The Thunder had a pretty historic shooting season, I sure hope they can follow it up.
They were never going to win a title though, that's all we were saying. Yeah their numbers were great, and they are for sure ready to contend and maybe win it as soon as this year. Still need the luck every title team does. Sometimes less luck is needed than other times, like 2024 or 2017-2018

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but I mean even long-term. The future looks bright for OKC and other teams but you really never know. I am not saying there is a Bron-like player in the west but Lebron dominated the east for years and nobody else had a shot. I am not saying that could be the case with Luka but Dallas just got better, more veterans and Luka has real championship experience which is big for a superstar player. Add in Minny who is young. The West is tough. The top of the east is tough too.

And wait...in 3 years or so San Antonio will be there too LOL
As I mentioned in the last sentence, winning titles is hard no matter how good you are, certainly a good chance OKC doesn't with this crew. There are no truly dominant no doubt title teams now, Celtics this year were close to that but I suspect this year that gap will be much smaller.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were never going to win a title though, that's all we were saying. Yeah their numbers were great, and they are for sure ready to contend and maybe win it as soon as this year. Still need the luck every title team does. Sometimes less luck is needed than other times, like 2024 or 2017-2018
Hindsight is easy and yeah bring the luck. As in poker sometimes it’s not even needing good luck, it’s avoiding the bad luck. The better you are at something the more true that is. This year is going to be fun, I really don’t think even in all the good years that the Thunder were ever favored to win the West. Lot of buzz around here.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is easy and yeah bring the luck. As in poker sometimes it’s not even needing good luck, it’s avoiding the bad luck. The better you are at something the more true that is. This year is going to be fun, I really don’t think even in all the good years that the Thunder were ever favored to win the West. Lot of buzz around here.
For sure, enjoy this! Such a great story how they've been built. Very 2015 Warriors vibes to me, home grown young core, start adding complimentary pieces (Bogut, Iguodala ---- Caruso, Hartenstein), very much ONE OF the title favorites the next couple years

Wasn't hindsight though...we told you exactly what would happen (and why) before it happened

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason seeing peacock involved pisses me off more than the rest. This stuff is getting crazy and it’s not changing.
At least it is only one day for Peacock. The good thing is they working towards televising more often. It sucks not having TNT in there though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already a major upgrade with JB acknowledging he will have Ivey or Cade on the floor at all times.

Something Monty refused to do
I think JB can absolutely rebuild the team and get them to another level. I think he is a good coach for this objective and that is all Detroit needs right now

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @dtgold88 @WiggyRuss identity wise who do you want them to be? Do you need to move pieces to set that up? If so who goes? Sorry if there are other Cav fans I didn’t tag.
I want them to keep improving like they have every season since year 1 of the rebuild. Don't really care what the identity is.

I still believe what Altman said at his presser is true and the plan is to keep core 4 together and maybe make a move or moves around the margin (latter still can happen). Hopefully they can stay healthy unlike last year and see how they look with a new coach/system. If not working as hoped then could make a move at the deadline. Of course, even if he was open to moving anyone he would be best off saying they are all staying.

all this said if there is a move they think they can make that clearly makes us better no one is untouchable (though Mobley might be close to untouchable).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent is a very important factor. I agree.
By far the most important. I mean, given the choice of having the same team but completely healthy for the season and playoffs with JB back or the same team but same issues we had last year with injuries and a different coach I'm taking same team, healthy and JB...isn't that I love or even like JB. I'd take that team, healthy and nearly any HC.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JB can absolutely rebuild the team and get them to another level. I think he is a good coach for this objective and that is all Detroit needs right now

If he follows through with better rotations that will be a nice start.

Montys junk ass all bench rotations were brutal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say you’re right and let the rest of us move on. I don’t know why you give a fuck about Kelly Oubre saying something nice about the franchise and coaching staff that pays him.
was just thinking the line you used earlier (cannot recall what it was...something along the lines of was just saying the right thing) may have implied here, too.

FYI, you can move on any time you want by just not replying. I'll help you out and give you the last word on this topic and wont reply to it.