• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already a major upgrade with JB acknowledging he will have Ivey or Cade on the floor at all times.

Something Monty refused to do
wow....cannot say I followed the Pistons closely but does seem pretty obvious. different players, of course, but when both were healthy he made sure Garland or Mitchell was always in.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Identity is still important. Every winning team has a clear identity at some point.

Cleveland’s right now is playing SG’s at wings
I mean, would be nice if we found one who is bigger and a clear SF (and better than the shorter guy we have) but the fact is a wing is usually a SF OR a SG.

Most common definition seems to be something like this - "A wing in basketball is a player who plays the shooting guard (SG) or small forward (SF) positions. These players are typically located on the perimeter of the court, and they are responsible for scoring points, creating shots for others, and playing defense."

would still love to add Hunter

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow....cannot say I followed the Pistons closely but does seem pretty obvious. different players, of course, but when both were healthy he made sure Garland or Mitchell was always in.

Ummm yes it would be obvious to everyone except Monty Williams.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a nice nap and wake up to the wife putting some pressure on me.

We Door Dash'ing for dinner. And I have to decide where we order from. I prefer when she does and I just have to select something off the menu.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that sucks lol

All the financial crimes in this country and they choose to go after this dude. Josh Harris is an international financial criminal along with leon black and owns three teams.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the same as the Cavs if you squint and blur your vision maybe. Thunder have far more upside and added two much needed pieces this offseason to a team that had already surpassed the Cavs.

We've already seen that the Cavs roster hasn't been ideal with Garland and Mitchell in the backcourt and Mobley/Allen down low. They had the opportunity to diversify this summer and declined. I think they've plateaued as currently constructed.
Maybe an issue was we did not get to see allen down low in the Cs series and Mitchell for nearly half the series....to me that was what might have been less than ideal?

Though fair to say - even though Cavs went further - OKC is ahead.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The summer isn’t over yet though. They needed to hire a coach and lock up Donovan Mitchell as their first priorities.
Okoro is next simply because it will determine other moves. Mobley gets his extension, too, but no real hurry.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but it seems they are standing pat with their top 4. A little work around the margins isn't going to make drastic improvement IMO (not at a Thunder level).
Might not....but doesn't mean they should make a move just to make a move.......can always see how it looks when healthy (hopefully() and with new coach/system. Plus still young guys improving, maybe?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of Garland gotta question for you.

I remember hearing something that Garland's agent told him not to sign any contract the Cavs offer. That if they keep Spida (which obviously they are) that he'd want outta Cleveland.

Is there any truth to that?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is easy to say it hasn’t been ideal with a coach lacking an offensive scheme. We still haven’t seen Mobley’s potential. I don’t think there is a huge difference at all if we are talking about the top 3 players. Jalen I will say has a ton of potential but Mobley could have the most of the group. He’s basically been doing all this will a lack of post moves and an inconsistent jumpshot. Atkinson might can unlock that potential.

Diversify? They don’t have much flexibility with the cap and lack of picks. If you are talking Garland for Ingram swap that would be a bad idea and even less flexibility in the future. It seems like you are mistaken like some Cavs fans. They don’t have much flexibility but it is more than that, it is lack of options on the market. Another factor is they are giving the new coach a year to see what he can do with the roster.

We have seen this in the regular season look like one of the best teams with a coach that didn’t have an offense worth a shit. We haven’t seen their ceiling especially not in the playoffs. If you watched them day in and day out you would know that. Bickerstaff was a defense-minded HC and it showed.

If the two bigs and two small guards doesn’t work they have two valuable assets to flip. Unfortunately like the east the top of the conference is loaded with veteran teams with a ton of talent so progress might not look the same. On paper now the top of the east is more loaded than the west.

The one clear difference between the two teams is future picks, by a large difference. So I will give you that. The core for both teams is both extremely high
not sure why you keep ripping his O as much as you do....was a top 10 offense in 2022-23. Maybe all the injuries and guys in and out of lineup was the bigger issue with the offense last season? I mean, he was the coach during the 18-2 stretch when O and D was at an elite level, too.

where we do agree still is see how it looks with new coach but more importantly...hopefully healthy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Garland gotta question for you.

I remember hearing something that Garland's agent told him not to sign any contract the Cavs offer. That if they keep Spida (which obviously they are) that he'd want outta Cleveland.

Is there any truth to that?
Doesn't seem like it and his agent at least tried to quash it at time.

I really think the 2 of them like each other and like playing together but not like I'm sure of it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care about media player comparisons. 1) It’s gay. He will be the player he is. He isn’t Kawhi. He’s JDub and it has nothing to do with earning a team USA role. White has been a consistent performer in the NBA and now a champion. He’s also not a Kyrie or a Mitchell who may think they were snubbed and should have been on this team from the jump.

And that’s likely. I’m saying right now it’s too much and he hasn’t earned it yet.

You’re a weird dude sometimes. You often come off as old school in demanding people earn things and they don’t just have things handed to them. But then when it’s one of your guys you do a 180 on what you project.
did think maybe Mitchell could have been the one.......but no problem he's not and could be because of his own injury issue.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem like it and his agent at least tried to quash it at time.

I really think the 2 of them like each other and like playing together but not like I'm sure of it.

I want Darius to stay in Cleveland. I like their backcourt.