• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m seeing this all over social media. @The Q am I right that both the Knicks and Timberwolves are second apron teams? They can’t do deals where they aggregate players if they’re a 2nd apron team. How could this happen?

I hope they get him, talk about undoing a lot of good things.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knicks are not

They are hard capped at the second apron

They can aggregate salaries but can’t take back more money

Neither can minny so every one of these deals needs a third team unless salaries match exactly

More stupid bullshit from the Lenny iq Cba
I’m really loving it because it seems like it’s creating a separating line between GMs who were prepared for it and GMs who aren’t. The Knicks seem to be a team built with the last piece coming at the end. Build the infrastructure and then go get the star. They have a ton of salaries in the 20s to aggregate for the “star”. But now it’s more difficult to get done because of how close to the 2nd apron they are. Kat for Randle and filler is probably a deal that would make both teams better.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they get him, talk about undoing a lot of good things.
KAT is the Knicks Porzingas. He’s a piece that once he gets slotted here, you get the very best version of the asset. Knicks can really be 5 out with KAT OG and the Nova Knicks led roster. It brings the whole KAT vision AND the Knicks vision together.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m really loving it because it seems like it’s creating a separating line between GMs who were prepared for it and GMs who aren’t. The Knicks seem to be a team built with the last piece coming at the end. Build the infrastructure and then go get the star. They have a ton of salaries in the 20s to aggregate for the “star”. But now it’s more difficult to get done because of how close to the 2nd apron they are. Kat for Randle and filler is probably a deal that would make both teams better.
What do you mean prepare for it?

Almost every team besides the contenders was

But it’s also a stupid brand new cba far different than the old one

Were the twolves supposed to just dump salary rather than try to win the west?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean prepare for it?

Almost every team besides the contenders was

But it’s also a stupid brand new cba far different than the old one

Were the twolves supposed to just dump salary rather than try to win the west?
Not at all. Many teams are handcuffed in being able to make moves in this transition to the new CBA. This takes owners who were willing to spend the luxury tax to have to live under the same kind of constraints the cheap owners deal with.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Many teams are handcuffed in being able to make moves in this transition to the new CBA. This takes owners who were willing to spend the luxury tax to have to live under the same kind of constraints the cheap owners deal with.

Nah that’s cap

The nba said they couldn’t let hs kids be eligible because it would be unfair to teams who traded future picks

But teams who set up trades and long term contracts and they can just be blown up on a whim?

They can Fuck off with that bs

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah im not going to tell anyone how to spend their money and I’m not going to call someone cheap if they are close to the salary cap. I think everyone knows a reset of some sort was needed. Probably going to hurt my team but I think Presti is preparing for it as good as anyone.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no…I don’t know how to break this to you. It’s still stank but we just have a different kind of musk.
Oh, I'm well aware, but at least it has a sniff of the playoffs instead of straight up crapper.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah im not going to tell anyone how to spend their money and I’m not going to call someone cheap if they are close to the salary cap. I think everyone knows a reset of some sort was needed. Probably going to hurt my team but I think Presti is preparing for it as good as anyone.
You do things like what he just did and create cost control with your role players like Isaiah Joe. Then the reality is that you will pay 2 of the 3 guys in your Big 3 or you’ll recycle the role players and pay the Big 3. At least they’ll know the rules of the game going in.

This is the perfect storm right now.
1) Covid fucked cap growth consistency
2) New CBA with harsher penalties for tax payers that go beyond money.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really is.

Those 1st rounders will be the role players around the Big 3 they have.

Not to mention 2nd rounders will be a lot more valuable as cheap talent....it will be harder to buy those in the future.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m seeing this all over social media. @The Q am I right that both the Knicks and Timberwolves are second apron teams? They can’t do deals where they aggregate players if they’re a 2nd apron team. How could this happen?

Knicks fan page.

Nobody reputable reporting it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knicks are not

They are hard capped at the second apron

They can aggregate salaries but can’t take back more money

Neither can minny so every one of these deals needs a third team unless salaries match exactly

More stupid bullshit from the Lenny iq Cba

I think the Knicks can still take back more money since they are under the first apron, correct?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his injury history, he never should have been on the roster.

He was walking with a limp getting out of the car to go to the camp. It was dumb for him to even try. Said as much when they announced the roster like a month after he spent the playoffs missing time because of his injuries. His knees are shot. He might not even be able to play normally but he damn sure wasn't going to be able to play coming off his status at the end of the season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was walking with a limp getting out of the car to go to the camp. It was dumb for him to even try. Said as much when they announced the roster like a month after he spent the playoffs missing time because of his injuries. His knees are shot. He might not even be able to play normally but he damn sure wasn't going to be able to play coming off his status at the end of the season

Yeah, like I said, I don't begrudge any player wanting to do that and think it's really cool that so many top players want to.

But, end of the day, the needs of his NBA team has to come first. They have the most skin in the game.